Reviews for Nothin' but blue skies, baby
MGF chapter 2 . 12/31/2011
That really was an impressive fanfic. Although I can't really understand what exactly is there to love about Amarant (I mean, love like between man and woman (or man and man or woman and woman or whatever), I surely love him as a character), so I can't really understand why Freya is doing that whole stuff. But, to be completely honest, I don't really care. This fanfiction has a great amount of Gilgamesh in it, and it is a crome there isn't more of him out here in the internet. Some things about your Gilgamesh here don't fit together with the normal Gilgamesh, but hey, that's why it's called fanFICTION, right? So I'm okay with it.
KittyCatOmaniac chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Wait, wait, wait; am I understanding this correctly when I assume that the dragon 'raped' the colonel? Biology would call that an impossibility seeing as pretty much only humans can be perverse enough to do something like sexually abusing another species but not even the most perverted of perverts would take on something so small compared to his own bulk!

Granted, real life biology doesn't apply to mythical creatures like dragons but still! I don't think I've read any mythology about dragons raping young maidens...

At any rate, enough of my babbling and on to some constructive (I hope) criticism. While it's a little hard to follow your descriptions of the characters moving from one place to another, the prologue has piqued my interest, at the very least.

P.S. Wasn't Ipsen supposed to have been an adventurer hundreds of years before the events of the game? I may be wrong, it's been a while since I played it. Anyway, just checking!
Myshu chapter 9 . 5/12/2009
Oh hell yeah! Been waiting to see what you'd do with this.

Gil knows how to make a flashy entrance! (Hah, I see you decided to combine both ideas. Clevah.)

Love it altogether, of course: Eiko being Miss Bossy Princess and f'ing Lindblums and a little heart-to-(not)heart in a dungeon. Amarant tearing and cursing his way out of a burning building with hapless citizens dazed and broken all around is the best imagery I've seen in a long time.

So, Garland, eh? Figures it wouldn't be so easy to put such an influential sonuvadog down for good.

The last lines made me grin big-time. Such a great set-up! I hope I get to see that lot adventuring again soon.
Ormhaxan chapter 8 . 9/13/2008
Awesome. Love the world building and the mythology (you really got the characteristic feel of fable down pat). Dig the foul-mouthed, irritating (half-) eidolons. Like your succinct, vivid descriptions.

The only criticism I can offer is that the story feels a bit rushed sometimes. You get the sense that this is all about the vast, weird, exotic underpinnings of the world - all these strange secrets and stories. There's a powerful "hidden world" feel about this, and it'd be neat to really delve into that in detail.

But that may just be me wanting to read more.

So, yeah. Looking forward to reading whatever else you put out in this vein.
sup3rl0z3r chapter 8 . 9/6/2008
wow such a great ending! looking forward to more Freya x Amarant goodness from you! so happy you finally finished! It is a really great story I love it!
CWolf2 chapter 8 . 8/14/2008
Had to back track a little, but WOW. I thought this was a great climax to your very original plotline. Loved it!
Myshu chapter 8 . 8/5/2008
Though I'm wondering how it ties in with the rest of the story, the introduction to this chapter is a delightful little tale that complements the end of the game wonderfully. The politics of it all is well thought-out, and the image of that army of seven (backed by Bahamut, of course) intimidating an entire battlefield is one that's going to stay burned in my mind forever.

As for the chapter proper, I love the ideas introduced here: the castles as summon stones, and then Ozma. I liked the description of the man in black armor.

I glanced back over the previous chapters, and I am impressed by how well the whole plot is tied in with Ipsen and Jack's pile of secrets (with some intriguing bits left over), while still staying in line with the history of the game. You continue to weave an amazing backstory for the eidolons that simply WORKS in such a fantastic setting as the world of Gaia.

The showdown and everything building up to it was thrilling, too. I cracked up at "Ipshit," and felt my heart break a little for Freya, realizing too late exactly what - and who - she was fighting for. "My whole world is breaking," made me melt. I also felt a funny sense of pride for the way she could stand up and fight in the middle of what was essentially a battle of the gods. This fic really drives home the notion that our favorite heroes were handling powers way above and beyond the norm.

Speaking of breaking hearts, I was just getting attached to Ipsen, you know! (By the grace of his mum, I hope he and Jack are okay.) The fight played out great, as shocking and swift and brutal as any good fight scene should be. And the fall! That half-dragon stuff has some hella perks, eh? The last scene epitomizes everything crazy, desperate and magical about Freya and Amarant's relationship, and for that perfect moment you get mad props.

I am left trembling with awe and excitement. Can't wait for the conclusion!
Kamaitachi chapter 8 . 8/5/2008
Great finish, can't wait for the epilogue and sequels!
Morrwin chapter 7 . 6/9/2008
Excellent story, can't wait for the update. You have an amazing imagination to piece together all the little bits in the game and come up with this. Simply superb.
Kamaitachi chapter 7 . 3/28/2008
Please update, this is one of the best Freya fics out there!
Indigo Tantarian chapter 7 . 12/3/2007
This is really intriguing... I'd love to read more! I'm interested to get to Amarant.
Robshi chapter 2 . 10/1/2007
I find it hard to believe that Amarant is a human-grand dragon hybrid. He has no natural claws, and the only thing that suggests he isn't human is his blue skin. Grand Dragons are green.

I also don't really understand why Freya is giving up her title just to go and look for Amarant. He usually skulks around alone anyway, why would Freya worry about it so much? Couldn't she think of sending him a letter or something?
Robshi chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Pretty interesting action sequence, although it would have been better if you'd explained why Brahne andher husband were where Grand Dragons were lurking in the first place. Also, didn't Ipsen live in a time before Brahne was at the throne in FFIX? I'm sure his story was from the older days.

The fight sequences were well written though, good work. Although I don't know why you'd start a Freya/Amarant story with a tale about Ipsen. I'm sure I'll find out when I read on.
CWolf2 chapter 7 . 10/1/2007
I love the depth of this story, with the Ipsen's and Armant's heritage and the history of the world. Just an overall fun read, keep it up!
Myshu chapter 7 . 9/30/2007
It's a little complex, but I think I got it (I had to go back and find that apology scene, since I couldn't remember-and while I was at it, Jack made more sense, too.) So Sal wants to one-up the old man, eh?

Jack and Ipsen are funny together-I liked how they undermined one another at every other turn. Funnier, of course, was Freya's influence over them both. The choco-treasures being one big game is a neat gimmick, too, and it seems pretty in-character for a bunch of wisecrackin' immortals with little better to do.

New party member get! Can't wait to see how the big fight goes down.