Reviews for A Familiar Face
but-the-clouds chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
This story is really good! I think you should update it!
Aurora West chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Oops, sorry, I didn't review. So I am now.
kaitins chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
wow, great ob, very well written, sad though. i suppose i shouldnt be naive though ,alot of those guys had no real opportunities, your proposed future for them is very plausible. great job.
LateOrliBloomer chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
i really like fics with that melancholy, sort of wistful longing tone to them. too many happy endings make me...well, eh...the only place to go from a high is down, right?

anywho, this was cool. i've always liked wondering about whatever happened to the newsies after the strike. this just seems really realistic, albeit terribly tragic. poor kloppman. poor RACE...

it doesn't specify exactly where jack goes. my best guess would be santa fe...maybe he changed his mind. again again. fickle...

anyway, i also really liked the whole david-leaving/going-back-to-school/becoming-lawyer thing. it just...seems like him. i mean, sure he picked up some street smarts, but he was always a brain. it didn't seem proper for him to be a newsie like the rest of 'em. didn't really fit. (although he did fit IN nicely, especially in the movie.)

i really liked this line; dunno why, just something about it: Every person was a customer; it just took the right words.

oh, and the subtle humor in how david buys a pape right after the "Nude corpse washes up on Lady Liberty's shores!" headline (whether that was intentional or not).

the fic was surprisingly short. i mean, i know it was a one-shot, but even then. (plus, i've read some ridiculously long one-shots.) but you just crammed everything in there; so much information, in so (relatively) few words. don't get me wrong, though; i liked it. brevity is good. brevity is the soul of wit.