Reviews for Return of the High Elves
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 7/4
Therefore requires an E at the end. At first, I thought it was a typo, but I think it has been omitted every time.

I'm surprised Dobby didn't want to go and take Winky. I thought it might be a place where she could heal.

I suppose Ginny is somehow a High Elf. Perhaps she was switched or something. Or does it have to do with her seventh child position in the family?
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 7/4
Head Auror Polonis Dinglebat ... Oh, dear! I'm still laughing. I'm only thankful that I wasn't drinking or eating something.

I've always suspected Fudge of being a closet DE. There's a fun essay about that on Mugglenet, titled (IIRC) "Cornelius Fudge: Death Eater or Dimwit?" It was fun to speculate, but I don't see any reason he can't be both. (Is that Dawlish idiot a DE, too? He usually acts like it. So does Umbridge.) Really, the man is a total Dimwit, DE or not.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 7/4
"I was hiding in a cauldron at the time, anyway I was watching him approaching a young wizard, he looked to be only ten, anyway, I was watching him, and he was about to curse the poor boy." And here we have a perfect example of what Harry is always talking about - grown, armed Wizards who stand by and do nothing to help while others are attacked and killed. No, they wait for Aurors ... or Harry Potter to do their fighting for them. No wonder Harry gets PO'd!

"You forgot about Quidditch? What's wrong with you mate? You've changed." Ron said sincerely. ***** As usual, Ron is a bit slow at picking up on the game plan.

Yeay! Harry has Peter. I hope he delivers him to James, Lily, and Sirius. **sinister giggling**
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 7/4
Ron - and even Hermione this time - turn on Harry, without even bothering to listen to his side of things. I'm glad you like Ron; unfortunately, he is far too fickle a friend for my tastes. He's okay for a casual friend, but he is untrustworthy. When the going gets tough, Ron gets going ... the other direction. I'll accept him for your story, but I still consider him a poor friend. Harry forgives him WAYYYYYYY too easily.

Okay, I spoke too soon. Harry is going to require somfrom him and Hermione. 'Bout time, I say.

"I'm his girlfriend. I'm allowed to see him." She said. "Don't worry, I'll take you a picture." she whispered after him. **** Yes, a rather disloyal girlfriend, if she meant that. I don't like that behavior.

I am glad Moony was healed. He deserved it.
Ice Demon Ranger chapter 13 . 8/27/2017
Wow... the end ... just wow. Roflmao...
bellalib chapter 4 . 8/23/2017
Love the story. Only thing I hate is when people demand that Harry tell them everything. They act like they have that right. It's BS... And yet they lie and keep secrets from him. It happens in most Harry Potter fanfiction... Great story
Harrypotterpercyjacksonfan90 chapter 29 . 4/30/2017
Very good story thanks for writing it!
missgsmith51 chapter 23 . 4/23/2017
Please do NOT consider this a flame. It isn't meant to hurt or insult. You do, however, have a serious then/than problem. They are not interchangeable. THEN is used to show time, sequence, one consequences. The examples here are all used correctly in your text:

He THEN promptly fainted. (Used correctly)
McGonagall stopped as well, looking from James, to Lily, to Sirius, to Cedric, THEN back again. (Used correctly)
"THEN a slow grin lit her face, and her eyes danced with mischief." (Used correctly)
*********************
THAN is used to show comparisons, differences, discrepancies. In each of the sentences below (from this chapter), you used "then" instead of "than." Examples:

"You lasted longer THAN I expected." (Corrected)
"... the Windrunner's could reach the castle grounds considerably quicker THAN the rest of the war party." (Corrected)
"I don't like this blonde any more THAN you do Swift," Harry replied. (Corrected)
"I DO hope your stay in the castle will be a bit less interesting THAN it was last time, Mr. Potter?" (Corrected)

Sorry to nitpick. Once a teacher, always a teacher, I guess. I would have sent a PM, but you have turned off that feature. Then and than aside, I am obviously enjoying your story, since I've stuck with you for 23 chapters.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 4/22/2017
Harry is acting like a weakling as a leader, if he is going to cave every time his non-Elf friends "poke" him too hard with questions that are none of their business. He isn't even telling all of his Elves everything. He needs to tell his STUDENT friends that some things are not for them to know - even if they are Marauders.

LOL at Ron. I should think a wizard would be more likely to know who Julius Cæsar is than what a Cæsar salad is! After all, aren't great warriors and royalty - like Cæsar and Cleopatra, among others - usually claimed to have been witches and wizards?
***************************

LOL! I love Olvyn no-nonsense way of dealing with Dumbledore, who complained about being sealed in at Hogwarts.

"He's gone to fight. Voldemort is attacking Diagon Alley, and Harry sealed us in," Dumbledore said.

"Ah. Of course. He wouldn't have wanted you in the way. Elves fight as a cohesive unit, and work better in such small groups if they don't have to worry about allies interfering with their attacks."

I'm glad the old Elf said this, because Dumbledore WOULD get in the way. He is not a warrior; he's a diplomat ... a talker. He is the reason so many former DEs were still alive to join Voldemort. He is also the reason so many Order members were killed in the first war. DEs were killing and disabling; Order members were stunning. Dumbledore himself may not have killed anyone, but he has blood on his hands just the same.
***************************
Poor Harry. If he falls apart at every innocent casualty, he's going to quickly go insane.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 4/22/2017
Red-haired Marauder Elf? Why do I keep thinking ... Lily Potter? Could it be possible?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 4/22/2017
Why is McGonagall acting like a complete idiot? As Deputy Head of the school, her responsibility is the safety of ALL students. She already knows Harry is a high Elf, so she should certainly be aware that a potion for humans might not be safe for him to ingest, now that he has transformed into his true Elven form. Why would she insist Harry take it, especially before he'd talked to Poppy? Honestly, she is acting like a big Lockhart and VERY un-Minerva-like.

Ha! I was right. Frankly, I'm surprised that Minerva would give the potion to her classes. She strikes me more as a by-the-book type who would insist her students pursue this particular study the hard way - through meditation. Every other fic I've read has the potions as a sort of fast-track shortcut, not really recommended by responsible teachers.

I have to LOL at Hermione as an owl ... Hermione, who hates flying with a passion! Malfoy's form was perfect! I wonder if it's white again?
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 4/22/2017
"So?" Ron said, as he turned to Hermione. "What have you read about High Elves? What can you tell us?"
All the nearby Gryffindors leaned in, hoping to hear something new.
Hermione seemed flustered as she responded. "I, I don't know anything. Nothing. I've never read anything about High Elves anywhere. I've never even heard of them before."

Well, THAT'S certainly OOC for the resident bookworm, especially for anything connected to Elves of any kind.
FangirlYaoiLover chapter 10 . 8/21/2016
This story would have been amazing of it wasn't for the fact in has romance. You have an amazing plot but the romance ruins the whole story. It would have been so much better if it just focused in Harry as a elf and his fight against voldemort.
Shadowdog11 chapter 7 . 7/13/2016
The random anti-Animagus wards were a bit convenient
Aqua Aquana chapter 6 . 6/2/2016