Reviews for Training for the Job
NoneAvailable chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
This looks like a really unique and well-written background! I liked the descriptions on the medical report. I hate how they downplay just how much damage they make the poor kid go through.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 73 . 2/28/2012
Great fic
Falcon-Rider chapter 73 . 2/11/2012
I don't often review, especially long 'abandoned' stories, but due to the sheer scope and enjoyment I received from this story I felt I must! This was an amazing, wild, ride I had while reading this and from a normally staunch anti-narusaku reader, I have to say you won me over to the pairing (at least to give other stories a chance). I initially found this recced over at tropes and while it said it hadn't been updated in forever, due to the length (and my love for AUs that give Naruto his due) I felt it was worth the risk of not being finished.

You took me on a ride with this story and while at times I was frustrated (Kakashi! I was pleased to find out the reasonings behind that frustration though), I perserved and found that the story was quite possibly the best plotted fic I've ever read. While I realize there is strong AU tendencies given current events in the manga, I don't believe it matters.

You took a world and put your own spin on it that is simply amazing and well thought out-in addition to being simply wonderfully crafted together. And while I'm a big fan of Kushina and Minato, I understand that this story was begun prior to their revealing and thusly is, I believe the term 'Jossed', but that simply doesn't matter. Some of the best stories are written at the beginning or middle of canon and thusly and rightly are AU due to not knowing the original authors conclusions. But, that is why the are fanfic, ne?

Anyway, forgive my ramble, but I simply adore how Naruto was 'trained' within your story and the development of Blossom, his relationships with others, and the dealings of the clans (I really, really want that Hyuuga Matriarch strung up).

I also want to Thank You for not stoping until after Naruto became Hokage. Too often stories stop before a major plot point (or their entire point, which doesn't necessarily have to be the intended conclusion of the story) such as that and leave me frustrated as a reader. One of your major intentions was to see Naruto to the position of Rokudaime Hokage and here you have done that, complete fic or not, and you did so in a believable AU.

So for that I applaud you and thank you very much for writing this epic. I adore it and will be reading it again in the future, Naruto's evolution as a leader is just simply outstanding.

Thank you.

Elizabeth
IDK chapter 73 . 1/21/2012
Been three years... I know you said long gaps, but over four years is pushing it dude. Or is this account inactive and abandoned?
Celestial Indigo chapter 73 . 11/29/2011
This is the first time I've read your fic and I have to say, I could hardly stop reading it. It took me 4 days to get to this chapter. I like the details you've encorporated into the story. Even without the 'lemon' portions (of which I read the 1st mating of Naruto/Sakura/Kyuubi) it was very entertaining.

I don't remember the chapter, but one about the first time Hinata announced she was pregnant to Naruto, Sakura, and Hanabi, you had Hinata say her name instead of Hanabi. I forgot where that was.

Lookin' forward to your next chapter.
Lerris chapter 26 . 9/6/2011
So, in the end Sasuke shows up and Sakura is given an easy choice. In summary Naruto has struggled did everything for her all his life, and the only reason he wins, from what I can tell, is that her crush graduated evil academy. I'm also a bit confused how having Sasuke's baby would save Sasuke. It all sounds kind of cliche to me.
Lerris chapter 25 . 9/6/2011
I didn't really care for this chapter. Sakura blatantly manipulates Naruto apparently with the goal of making her boyfriend/possesion look better, even though she still has a thing for Sasuke. I also don't think it is canon for the Hyuuga seal to be able to compel anyone. Sure the main family can kill or torture the branch, but I didn't think it was anything beyond that. Finally, Naruto should have lost the chess game. Sure if Naruto had practiced regularly for a year he might have had a chance, but right off the bat, no.
Lerris chapter 23 . 9/6/2011
Okay the Anko is his mother bit is novel I guess, but, well, Sakura's indecisiveness and Naruto's blind devotion are getting old fast. Sasuke was a traitor. Whenever he had to choose between power and his comrades, he chose power, no matter the cost.
Lerris chapter 18 . 9/5/2011
Another think I note about this story is it is a Naruto Sakura story, despite Ino having a decent shot, if she would only try... In fact, based on how the story started, that pairing would almost seem to fit more...
Lerris chapter 14 . 9/5/2011
The one thing that struck out recently was that Sakura appears to still be pining for Sasuke and claims to even love him. This doesn't really seem to make much sense to me. I don't think Sasuke in canon has ever showed Sakura any real kindness. At any rate the story is going well, overall. It was just that one thing that stuck out. Oh I can see her having some unresolved feelings for the kid, although perhaps that is all they really are. As far as a summary goes, how about this:

A mission failed. A promise unfulfilled. Questions unanswered. A lonely soul seeks truth through dreams. The dreamer awakens, yet the dream remains.

At any rate, that is all I could come up with in a about ten minutes. Feel free to use it or not. No credit is required. I do, however recommend some kind of summary. A summary isn't really about completely summarizing your work. After a certain point that is impossible, but it should server as a hook to get people to look further, and maybe later on as something people partially remember so when people see a new chapter they can take a look.
Lerris chapter 2 . 9/5/2011
This is a surprisingly good start, particularly for a story that currently lacks a summary.
Crystal M. Key chapter 73 . 8/31/2011
I really, really like this story. I am saddened that it seems to be discontinued, but I'm going to your profile page for more great stories next!
Tobyisagoodgirl chapter 73 . 8/22/2011
Love the story and hope to see more chapters soon!
fireforge92 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
i have not started to read da story yet. i am reading another one right now and mentioned this story. if you would please send me a summery i would be very greatful. thank you for your time.
dimriver chapter 10 . 8/16/2011
I like your concept of administrative genin.

One thing I think is odd is you made them slower than an old man if it took them two weeks longer to make the trip than last time.
2,877 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »