Reviews for Training for the Job
Axcel chapter 10 . 7/4/2014
Sakura should have bargained with Inoichi for all he knew about he Uzumaki clan. She could gather more info about the clan from everyone she knows. After all, it doesn't seem they are forbidden from speaking of it, just the records are hidden. Heck, she could probably get Kakashi to find and recover the records, too. Then she could give what she knows and the records to Iruka, who can teach it to his students. By the time Naruto returns, people his age and below will hero-worship him and his clan.
Axcel chapter 8 . 7/4/2014
No offense, but the auxiliary system for those who fail the bell test is really stupid in this fic. The administrative and food and clothing duties should be attended to by hired civilians. The poisons, medicines, planning, blacksmithing and the like, and handling of sensitive information should be dealt with by retired ninja (who are paid for it, obviously), and academy students can be introduced to those things and help prepare basic ones and handle non-sensitive information. This would free up nearly the entirety of the auxiliary force for active duty and mission-taking while also resulting in better prepared genin. Basically anything not directly ninja related should be handled by the civilians.
Axcel chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
You know, I HIGHLY doubt that real life kunoichi slept with their targets. Honestly, making an artificial vagina for her to use and then drugging the target via putting stuff into his incense or drinks (since most targets for kunoichi would be wealthy or nobles) and then using the artificial device to make him THINK something happened would be far more efficient. Then there would be no risk of psyche damage, pregnancy, and disease. It is simply safer, far more efficient (especially since a drugged target can't cry for help or notice you escape or even remember who it was they were with, so he can't identify you), and just plain ninja-like.
Axcel chapter 6 . 7/4/2014
Any slug of any size that Sakura summons would be Katsuyu. She may only be summoning small parts of Katsuyu right now (due to abysmal chakra reserves), but the slug contract only summons Katsuyu or parts of her. I'm sure there are flexible uses of her parts like Jiraiya's summon that puts the enemy inside a mountain toad's throat (which shoots fire, yeah, totally awesome!). Like, maybe she could use a jutsu to fire or spit Katsuyu's healing slime or something. Or maybe spit her acid, that would be useful. Hell, maybe even squeeze through/into tiny spaces. Useful (though creepy) for a ninja.
Axcel chapter 4 . 7/4/2014
Something that didn't come to light until much later in the manga than this chapter was written is more details about Konoha's clans. The techniques used by the Nara and Yamanaka are not actually clan techniques. They are not even secret. It is just that no one else can use those techniques anywhere near the level the Nara and Yamanaka can. The Nara's shadows because of their intellect and the Yamanka's mind techniques because of their master of psychology.

It could be said that the only things unique to their clans are the Nara's genuis and the Yamanaka's psychology knowledge. I have to wonder, though, what if Naruto learned the shadow and mind techniques? This his creativity and quick thinking, shadows would be very good for him. With his shadow clones, mind techniques would be scary in his hands. After all, what if he had a clone mind-swap with an enemy and he ordered the clone's body to dispel? Yeah, poof, instant vegetable. Now remember how many clones he can make. Maybe even literal shadow clones, come to think of it that, when dispelled by an enemy, can suddenly become an area-of-effect shadow neck bind technique.

I find it amusing at the end of this chapter that Sakura thought Sasuke had an interesting, mysterious past. There is nothing mysterious about his past and unless you like mass murder, it isn't interesting, either. On the other hand, neither her nor her classmates know anything about Naruto's past, making it mysterious and therefore interesting.

As for Sakura claiming she loves Sasuke... she has no clue what love is. The fact she claims to love someone she knows nothing about and who either ignores or insults her constantly is proof of that. She just likes the attention. In Naruto's case, you gave him a strong reason for his infatuation with Sakura. She is his anchor to his ultimate goal. He wants to make everyone happy and views becoming Hokage as a tool for accomplishing that. Keeping Sakura happy gives him the reminder and encouragement that he can make it happen.

Something I always found kinda stupid was that Itachi wanted Sasuke to break the Curse of Hatred. However, Obito, Itachi, and Shisui seemed to have been born without the Curse in the first place (until Obito was turned into a lab-rat by Madara). Their descendants likely would also have been born without the Curse. Basically, by not blaming the massacre on internal clan strife (and knocking out and tying up Sasuke before beginning his mission), Itachi basically screwed up royally. Otherwise he and Sasuke could have remained together, he could have been there to help Sasuke overcome the Curse of Hatred, and his (and after breaking the Curse, Sasuke's) descendants would not have the Curse anymore.
Pyryp chapter 70 . 6/27/2014
I think I'm going to take a break now and come back to this when it's finished. Your story isn't bad but it isn't good enough to be more than a time sink. You made several questionable plot decisions and some of the characterisation was awful. Overuse of 'however' was annoying and there were some recurring grammar mistakes that always caught my eye (like then instead of than and words like neither having the 'ei' part flipped into niether). Overt focus on minor characters was also a mistake in my opinion. Whether Tenten will end up banging Lee, Neji or both isn't relevant to the story and something I'd only like to know about in passing.
And the option of her banging them both being on the table is also something I find rather distasteful. Relationships with more than two people can work but that is so rare that having more than one "harem" in the story is just unrealistic. The only reason the thing with Hanabi & Co might work is that everyone in it is in doing it with everyone. If such a relationship is to work, all participants must be in love with each other because otherwise people will just end up getting hurt and I don't care to read about people getting hurt. The option of no string attached sex isn't on the table either because neither Lee nor Neji would be up for that.

I have more to say about other things in the story (like the Yuugao fiasco) but I can't be bothered since you said on your profile that you don't read reviews anymore.
Pyryp chapter 69 . 6/27/2014
I doubt Naruto's reaction to basically being abandoned would be basically "Hey you are my mom right? Cool.". The whole thing just doesn't work. Anko had been in a similiar situation with the Orochimaru thing where everyone suspected and hated her so she would have at least given Naruto a chance. Another point is that the 4th wished for Naruto be treated as hero so would his lover have went against his dying wish without even checking?
So as I said the whole thing just doesn't work because Anko wouldn't have treated Naruto like she has in your fic and if she had then Naruto wouldn't have been cool with it.
There are several aspects in this story that you just haven't thought through but I think this is the most obvious and annoying example.
Pyryp chapter 63 . 6/27/2014
That kyuubi stuff is just so lame.
Pyryp chapter 62 . 6/27/2014
Your potrayal of Hinata's mother is somewhat annoying considering that basically every time she is mentioned, it's when someone says that Hinata inherited her gentle nature from her mother.
Pyryp chapter 60 . 6/27/2014
I've thought about Yuugao's situation and I don't think it's realistic. She's essentially dedicating the rest of her life to betraying her lover's memory in order to get revenge for him. Now I know people in grief are not always the most rational ones but while I think she might become a nukenin to kill Baki, I doubt she'd directly betray Konoha and bump uglies with the Uchiha.
Pyryp chapter 47 . 6/26/2014
I feel that using up all his chakra in that one healing technique is just a cheap way to add some tension to their escape.
Pyryp chapter 34 . 6/26/2014
Exactly. Shikamary is a strategist while Naruto is a tactician.
Pyryp chapter 26 . 6/26/2014
Still doesn't deserve Naruto.
Pyryp chapter 25 . 6/26/2014
Yeah. Sakura definitely doesn't deserve Naruto.
Pyryp chapter 23 . 6/26/2014
Your Sakura doesn't deserve Naruto either.
And I don't think making Anko Naruto's mother was a good idea if you are trying to make her into a sympathetic character. There's just no excuse for ignoring your son for 16 years. A son that had no one for about 13 years on top of that.
2,870 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »