Reviews for Training for the Job
midnightscar17 chapter 75 . 11/9/2014
Update.

also please dont do arrange marriages. Have sakura find another way. Arrange marriages are wrong beyond belief

I think you should cancel tentens mission. I dont feel right about what you are about to do to her. Having sex with lee is one thing bc she likes him but sending her to the slave town where the one prostitute girl is from along with two other girls. Where bad things happen to fake prostitutes and what not. Either she gets trapped there or she dies. Please for the love of all creation have something change whats going to happen.
midnightscar17 chapter 23 . 11/8/2014
Its Minato Namikaze and kushina uzumaki. Learn to use the proper name you fool
iitrnr chapter 9 . 11/7/2014
I find this search for a Rock nin to teach Earth techniques a bit weird. I mean it's not like Jiraiya's looking to teach high level earth techniques to Naruto. As far as I know Jiraiya's fairly good with Earth techniques. And I remember seeing the Sandaime using fairly good Earth techniques. So I am sure Konoha has those techniques in its possession. So, what's the point of this?
Kodachi Claws chapter 75 . 10/15/2014
Meant to come back and read these new chapters that just came out of nowhere, but other things got in the way.

It seems the whole Hyuuga Civil War has ended. While it was nice to see Naruto forgive the matriarch, I felt his actions should have had more of an impact to bring peace in the clan. I do feel bad for Hanabi though, having to kill her own mother (even if it was to end her suffering). I'd imagine her actions, despite her somewhat redemption, will have consequences Naruto will have to deal with in the future.

It is interesting to see Naruto and Sakura worry about their kids and the resulting new gene pool. However, I don't like the idea of the two arranging a marriage for their kids just for the sake of diluting whatever demons may come of it. It just seems out of character to both for me, and even if the demon blood thing was a genuine concern, I can't see the two forcing their kids to hook up with someone to prevent insanity. If Sakura can identify the genetic triggers (realistically probably no such thing but whatever), then surely she can take steps to prevent it (medication, gene therapy). I'm not opposed to the idea of their children hooking up with Hinata's children mind you; I think the idea in of itself is cute, but I'd rather their children get together though genuine love.

As for your version of Rock Village...uh, wow. I think this is the first time I've seen women in fantasy suppressed via forced prostitution. Yes, there are a bunch of stories out there where women are sold into slavery and become part of a harem, but not on a scale like this where it happens to EVERYONE. It kind of feels like a weird combination of the Taliban regime and Vegas. The former because they declare absolute law on what women should be with no opportunity to better themselves, but instead of those ridiculous burkhas and forcing them to have husbands, they're trained to service any man they come across and give the money to their master. I'm usually used to oppression of women based around some twisted form of chastity, but I guess in a sense this kind of oppression is more original (and just as vile). Still, you actually got me worried for Tenten, and I do sympathize with Lee's feelings on the issue. Though it certainly did make for some amusing dialogue at the end (I'd imagine that would very much be like Lee's first time if it were to happen).

I also feel that I'm missing something. This chapter mentioned something about a conversation Sakura and Naruto had on their honeymoon. Is this event on the mediaminer version?

Anyway, I wish you best of luck with your publishing. I'll make a note to visit your place and see what you have to offer. Also, if you're going to reply to this review, please don't tell me anything that's happening in canon. Trying to save those chapters for myself at a later time while I'm busy with other things (it's more fun for me to read a bunch of chapters at once then agonize week after week with 'What's Going to Happen Now'?)
The Defenestrated Typewriter chapter 7 . 10/10/2014
That throwaway Sakura comment at the end doesn't really do much other than confuse
The Defenestrated Typewriter chapter 6 . 10/10/2014
One thing you have failed to mention is does naruto know that someone else has been digging through his head, copying his secrets and the telling everyone about his past. Naruto hasn't told anyone what happened so he should be enraged to learn that someone else has without his permission. They are naruto's private memories and they are bein passed around like a new book.
Disturbedhrt chapter 48 . 9/12/2014
No offence but you spend more time explains things then writing the story and it's preventing me from finishing the story
Axcel chapter 10 . 7/4/2014
Sakura should have bargained with Inoichi for all he knew about he Uzumaki clan. She could gather more info about the clan from everyone she knows. After all, it doesn't seem they are forbidden from speaking of it, just the records are hidden. Heck, she could probably get Kakashi to find and recover the records, too. Then she could give what she knows and the records to Iruka, who can teach it to his students. By the time Naruto returns, people his age and below will hero-worship him and his clan.
Axcel chapter 8 . 7/4/2014
No offense, but the auxiliary system for those who fail the bell test is really stupid in this fic. The administrative and food and clothing duties should be attended to by hired civilians. The poisons, medicines, planning, blacksmithing and the like, and handling of sensitive information should be dealt with by retired ninja (who are paid for it, obviously), and academy students can be introduced to those things and help prepare basic ones and handle non-sensitive information. This would free up nearly the entirety of the auxiliary force for active duty and mission-taking while also resulting in better prepared genin. Basically anything not directly ninja related should be handled by the civilians.
Axcel chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
You know, I HIGHLY doubt that real life kunoichi slept with their targets. Honestly, making an artificial vagina for her to use and then drugging the target via putting stuff into his incense or drinks (since most targets for kunoichi would be wealthy or nobles) and then using the artificial device to make him THINK something happened would be far more efficient. Then there would be no risk of psyche damage, pregnancy, and disease. It is simply safer, far more efficient (especially since a drugged target can't cry for help or notice you escape or even remember who it was they were with, so he can't identify you), and just plain ninja-like.
Axcel chapter 6 . 7/4/2014
Any slug of any size that Sakura summons would be Katsuyu. She may only be summoning small parts of Katsuyu right now (due to abysmal chakra reserves), but the slug contract only summons Katsuyu or parts of her. I'm sure there are flexible uses of her parts like Jiraiya's summon that puts the enemy inside a mountain toad's throat (which shoots fire, yeah, totally awesome!). Like, maybe she could use a jutsu to fire or spit Katsuyu's healing slime or something. Or maybe spit her acid, that would be useful. Hell, maybe even squeeze through/into tiny spaces. Useful (though creepy) for a ninja.
Axcel chapter 4 . 7/4/2014
Something that didn't come to light until much later in the manga than this chapter was written is more details about Konoha's clans. The techniques used by the Nara and Yamanaka are not actually clan techniques. They are not even secret. It is just that no one else can use those techniques anywhere near the level the Nara and Yamanaka can. The Nara's shadows because of their intellect and the Yamanka's mind techniques because of their master of psychology.

It could be said that the only things unique to their clans are the Nara's genuis and the Yamanaka's psychology knowledge. I have to wonder, though, what if Naruto learned the shadow and mind techniques? This his creativity and quick thinking, shadows would be very good for him. With his shadow clones, mind techniques would be scary in his hands. After all, what if he had a clone mind-swap with an enemy and he ordered the clone's body to dispel? Yeah, poof, instant vegetable. Now remember how many clones he can make. Maybe even literal shadow clones, come to think of it that, when dispelled by an enemy, can suddenly become an area-of-effect shadow neck bind technique.

I find it amusing at the end of this chapter that Sakura thought Sasuke had an interesting, mysterious past. There is nothing mysterious about his past and unless you like mass murder, it isn't interesting, either. On the other hand, neither her nor her classmates know anything about Naruto's past, making it mysterious and therefore interesting.

As for Sakura claiming she loves Sasuke... she has no clue what love is. The fact she claims to love someone she knows nothing about and who either ignores or insults her constantly is proof of that. She just likes the attention. In Naruto's case, you gave him a strong reason for his infatuation with Sakura. She is his anchor to his ultimate goal. He wants to make everyone happy and views becoming Hokage as a tool for accomplishing that. Keeping Sakura happy gives him the reminder and encouragement that he can make it happen.

Something I always found kinda stupid was that Itachi wanted Sasuke to break the Curse of Hatred. However, Obito, Itachi, and Shisui seemed to have been born without the Curse in the first place (until Obito was turned into a lab-rat by Madara). Their descendants likely would also have been born without the Curse. Basically, by not blaming the massacre on internal clan strife (and knocking out and tying up Sasuke before beginning his mission), Itachi basically screwed up royally. Otherwise he and Sasuke could have remained together, he could have been there to help Sasuke overcome the Curse of Hatred, and his (and after breaking the Curse, Sasuke's) descendants would not have the Curse anymore.
Pyryp chapter 70 . 6/27/2014
I think I'm going to take a break now and come back to this when it's finished. Your story isn't bad but it isn't good enough to be more than a time sink. You made several questionable plot decisions and some of the characterisation was awful. Overuse of 'however' was annoying and there were some recurring grammar mistakes that always caught my eye (like then instead of than and words like neither having the 'ei' part flipped into niether). Overt focus on minor characters was also a mistake in my opinion. Whether Tenten will end up banging Lee, Neji or both isn't relevant to the story and something I'd only like to know about in passing.
And the option of her banging them both being on the table is also something I find rather distasteful. Relationships with more than two people can work but that is so rare that having more than one "harem" in the story is just unrealistic. The only reason the thing with Hanabi & Co might work is that everyone in it is in doing it with everyone. If such a relationship is to work, all participants must be in love with each other because otherwise people will just end up getting hurt and I don't care to read about people getting hurt. The option of no string attached sex isn't on the table either because neither Lee nor Neji would be up for that.

I have more to say about other things in the story (like the Yuugao fiasco) but I can't be bothered since you said on your profile that you don't read reviews anymore.
Pyryp chapter 69 . 6/27/2014
I doubt Naruto's reaction to basically being abandoned would be basically "Hey you are my mom right? Cool.". The whole thing just doesn't work. Anko had been in a similiar situation with the Orochimaru thing where everyone suspected and hated her so she would have at least given Naruto a chance. Another point is that the 4th wished for Naruto be treated as hero so would his lover have went against his dying wish without even checking?
So as I said the whole thing just doesn't work because Anko wouldn't have treated Naruto like she has in your fic and if she had then Naruto wouldn't have been cool with it.
There are several aspects in this story that you just haven't thought through but I think this is the most obvious and annoying example.
Pyryp chapter 63 . 6/27/2014
That kyuubi stuff is just so lame.
2,877 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »