Reviews for A Written Penance
This is the best story I have ever read! It is not a random sue basher and is amazing! Please contonue
Tilly88 chapter 6 . 1/30
It's really a pity that you decided to give up with this story... I really hope that you change your mind :)
Aki0Storyteller0 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Without a doubt this is the oddest and yet most interesting story that I've ever come across. I like it.
Ashi-Grey chapter 6 . 1/9/2014
So, I'm going to guess this won't be updated now, after so long, and I do understand. I've got fics that I haven't finished despite my best intentions. All the same, I wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed what of this you have written. I've never come across a fic like this, that so successfully pokes fun at Mary Sue's without dissolving into a pointless, plotless mess that is more Plot Sue than the Mary Sues the author is trying to ridicule. If you ever do get back to this, I'll be reading it!
Yuki Suou chapter 6 . 3/23/2013
Pls write m0re...
Freydris chapter 6 . 2/16/2013
This is interesting. Truthfully, I hadn't come across a fic like this, it's marvelously weaved, the main character is not overly perfect and her tales are realistic. It is well done and I sincerely hope you finish this story to the very end. It's something in which I wish I'll find out what's the ending.
Periodic chapter 6 . 3/2/2011
What a fantastic story! Your characterizations are superb, as is your use of humour. I think my favourite part is still in Chapter one where Roger offers Jane a truffle. It was so very realistic and absurdly normal given the situation that I couldn’t help but laugh. In fact, there were several moments throughout your chapters where you had me laughing out loud.

I have to admit, Roger Morton is my favourite character of your story. The humour with which he is written appeals to me. I love that while he isn’t a physical presence in the majority of the chapters, he is still a reoccurring presence in thoughts, dialog, and Jane’s items.

As for Jane, I love that she is so undeniably human; vomiting, getting a tic, getting a headcold. I love that she is an ordinary woman, and I think that you perhaps picked her name as a metaphor for her ‘plain Jane’ contrast with Aria? At any rate Jane’s character is wonderfully refreshing.

It’s great how you are able to keep the reader interested while following the movie verse – sometimes I think authors get too caught up in following the movie, and it all becomes one big retelling. With Jane you get something new, and I’m curious to see how the plot develops. I’m also interested to see how the relationships between all the characters develop–especially, I suspect, the potential “love triangle”?

I know you haven’t updated in quite some time, but I hope the plot bunny comes back to you soon (not that I’m one to talk; I’m forever starting and leaving stories unfinished). However, I truly think that you have something great here, and I hope that you will consider continuing it again soon. Until then I’ll wait patiently for an update :)

Graphospasm chapter 6 . 12/30/2010
LOVE this. You're basically redeeming 60% of all LotR OCs with this, and for that I-not to mention the rest of the fandom's writers and readers-am eternally grateful.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 6 . 1/16/2010
I will not be surprised if Jane wants to die while running after Merry and Pippin.

I like this interesting concept.
Liliesshadow chapter 6 . 11/16/2009
its been a while but are u still willing to update?
Flocon de Neige chapter 6 . 11/7/2009
A tenth and eleventh walker, is a bit cliche, but I gotta hand it to you, the way you right is absolutely fantastic! I also like the fact that the chapters are extremely long. I hope that you'll update soon, because it seems like you actually has a plot, or a sub plot and not just following and messing around with Tolkiens work.

Keep up the good work!

-Mocha Muffin
ZutarianNaiad chapter 6 . 8/11/2009
Wow, this looks so cool.

This is an awesome, original plot and I really enjoy how you're handling it-the plot, the non-canon action mixing with the canon action, and the random interjections with character development.

This is a real treat for the favorites list and I can't wait to see what comes next (especially with what we saw in Galadriel's mirror).

In Christ,

Scarletty chapter 6 . 8/7/2009
Utterly delightful. This is by far the best Mary-Sue story I've ever read! I'm looking forward to future chapters.
missiworld chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
I honestly adore the idea for this story. Good work; I'm interested in seeing how it develops.
Gasanechi chapter 6 . 6/29/2009
Are you going to continue this story?