Reviews for Erik's Reward
Child of Dreams chapter 1 . 12/9/2016
The Khanum?
Vampiric Phantoms chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Wow, didn't see that coming. I really liked it, very interesting take on it. Damn, Nadir needed to be there! Poor Erik has had enough problems in his life and now this...
WanderingTeen chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
GAH! This is scary! But well written.
Reading Redhead chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Well, that was definitely morbid! But I sincerely enjoyed the language of it - the vocabulary and its usage were stunning. I'm sure this did well in that contest. It's always good to read more by you - you have a genuine, unique talent!

~Red
Death by Wasabi chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
This fic was rather morbid and pretty damn good. I have to admit that for a while I was worried that it would be an "Erik falls in love with some one else who is prettier/smarter/more talented/et. than Christine" fic. But your track record, good writing, and the realization that the fic probably matched the summary kept me going.

You're one of the only authors I know of in this fandom that can manage to keep Erik in character and the story realistic.
phantomy-cookies chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Erik abuse... a place where few Phantom fans dare to go! (At least in the sense that his eyes get plucked out of their sockets and he was led to his death. LOL.) Ah, my dearest, darlingest Elcie. Stories like this are the reason why you're on my favorite authors list. Your perspective of the Phantom universe is not only appreciated, it's damn well adored! *kisses and phangirlish applause*

This, I felt, was a great contrast to your last story. Where Christine was taken for a bit of a tragic ending in the last one, Erik gets his own sinister bit of Elcie execution. (Meehee.) While this is actually more of a 'What if' situation, it still presents itself as being completely plausible. Forgetting all of the nonsense Susan Kay suggested about Erik's and Nadir's relationship, I'm often left to wonder why the Persian would have felt it necessary to save Erik's life. This is a happy alternative.

And YES! Your Erik is NOTHING like Kay's... which struck me quite visibly when first reading it. The setting and situation were very Kay, but the Erik was nowhere near as 'horny and/or out-of-control' as you put it so perfectly. The great thing about your writing is that the sexual tension (and hooray for sexual tension!) plays out so well without reducing the story to a shameless excercise in smutty perversity. You KNOW what you're doing with it, and you KNOW how to use it. Especially when building on a theme of tragedy and horror.

So! With this last heaping shovel of cookie love, let me beg and plead with you to write more of these brilliantly morbid cupcakes. I am, and will always be, a humble adoring fan. *mwah*

Gets the phantomy-cookies 10 out of 10!
Tango1 chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Eek, the eye-piercing is what immediately got this story the "Sick Award" from me! That was definitely one of the creepiest endings of any of the entries. I am not usually fond of Erik-in-Persia tales (personal preference, nothing to do with content) but I really enjoyed this one, and it was one of my top 10. In particular, it was so nice to see a strong and somewhat warped female character who has an agenda of her own, and I loved the way you characterised Erik.

Tango
orianna-2000 chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Ep! Poor Erik never gets the girl. A lovely "what-if?" story... which are the best kind, of course. And I mean "lovely" in a dark and morbid sort of way. Beautifully written, short and ... well, certainly not sweet! But well done.
MastersofNight chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Very well done!
StitchGrl chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
I guessed upon reading this fic that it must have been yours. Truly, it was the best one out of the bunch, and one of my top two choices. The exoticness of the woman-in-red was entirely other-worldly, and I like anything that takes me out of the standard Final Lair. I notice that in your stories, Erik is often childlike, almost a fool, but not a common fool that we scorn, but we love almost immediately.

As this story progressed, I felt the story spinning as wildly as Erik's head in the last scene. "Visions overlapped and the candles multiplied and splayed out so that where there were three, now shone six." I particularly like the image of her lifting a foot onto the sofa next to his head. Erik has never in another other story allowed anyone to be physically above him, or even walk in front of him since Persia.

I also like the clever dialogue:

You may call me Erik, though it is a name that I come by through chance alone.”

“Are not all of our lives slaves to chance, Erik?"

Witty dialogue is non-existent amongst the women of Phantom.

I didn't find the plots of the second Morbidity Contest to be as interesting or fresh as the first one, but I do think this is the better of the two entries you've submitted, and I congratulate you! I really am looking forward to more stories (on any subject) from you dear :-)
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Yay! You don't know how nice it is to see an Author Alert in my inbox from Elcie. I haven't seen you update for ages since you completed "Bodies on the Shore."

As you probably may remember, I had a lot of questions about this phic. I mean, how does blind!Erik work into canon? Your explanation makes so much sense now. The answer? He doesn't. He dies. Poor Erik. ;) It's clever, really, how you took a line from Leroux and spun a What If? tale from it. Silly me. I never catch those What If? lines.

In spite of some of the unanswered questions that this phic evoked during the contest, this phic was my number 4 vote, and I also voted it for the Writing Award. It was such a tragic story, and the details are so vivid, I can see it all happening. Erik in Persia phics are so nice to see - they're so different from the post/during POTO phics that you see. :)