Reviews for Shadows of Winter
Ali chapter 4 . 1/11/2016
This is such a great series! I love it, you capture Anakin and Padme and their passion so realistically
talerano chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
nice!
darklover chapter 4 . 5/10/2015
I just can't get enough of your writing. You are very talented in writing A/P. All of your scenes are very well written which make your stories an absolute pleasure to read.

I really liked the anniversary gifts Anakin and Padme gave to each other. They were well thought out.

Palpatine's thoughts are dead on. It's sad but true.
Lord Lelouch chapter 4 . 4/2/2014
Great story in your "Heart and Soul" series.

Your portrayal of Anakin and Padme and their love for each other is unmatched in star wars fandom. You make their overwheming love for each other beleievable and blend it very well with their views and principle in live.

You captured Padme feeling of respoensibility and duty to Naboo and the Republic and meshed it well with her love for Anakin and how despite the fact she wants nothing more than to leave the war and the senate behind she still feels obligated to stay and finish what she started.

You also captured Anakin's love for Padme exactly as I imagined it to be. Anakin is willing to leave behind the Jedi Order so that he can openly be married to Padme, no longer having to hide in the shadows like their marriage and love is something to be ashamed of. Yet at the same time he understands and respects Padme's obligations and her sense of duty seeing as those are also some of the reasons he fell in love with her in the first place, despite them causing some friction in their relationship. but also at the same time Anakin realizes that he also has an obligation and duty to the republic and is willing to see it through to the end.

I also love how you managed to add Palpatine/Sidious presence into the background. I habe to say that I agree with Palpatine that the Jedi Order itself is responsible for its downfall in canon. The idea that Palpatine was able to use the force to shroud and limit the the entire Jedi Order's ability to use the force to see the pathhways is ridiculous. The Jedi and their misguided loyalty to their Code and basing all their believes based on that Code rather than the force itself led them to their downfall. The Sith merely took advantage of their enemies short-comings. Also while Palpatine did manipulate and use cunning and patience to get power, he never truly did resort to violence.

I firmly believe that the republic was already dying long before Palpatine came into power and that the separatist crisis would have happened with or without the Sith's involvement. Palpatine merely used the inevitable to serve his own purpose just like any other politician.

Is it wrong that I share many of Palpatine's views about the Jedi?
JediGaladriel chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Love it so far! However, I really think you should do some stories about the incident in Padme's office; and stories about the 'aggressive negotiations' on the veranda, the Anakin projecting naughty images into Padme's mind when she's giving speeches, and Anakin undressing Padme with the Force again incidents! Would love to see stories about these incidents (especially the 'aggressive negotiation' on the veranda-LOL!)! I'm trying to imagine Anakin trying to get Padme to have sex on their veranda-HAHAHA! Love their banter! So cute!
Raxacoricofallapatorius chapter 4 . 10/3/2011
The end of this chapter makes me cry / It reminds me of me and my husband, he lives abroad for now while he works to get his visa, and while it is hard, the wait will be worth it, just like you portray in this story. You are an amazing writer and I love to read your stories over and over again.

Fiona x
Star Dust of Ancient Novae chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
cool
ongsiaoxui chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
dear shawn,

i absolutely adore your stories. you actually make anakin & padme into flesh n blood for me. so may i have the NC-17 version of this chapter, pls. or do you have other version for most of your stories? i would love to have them...

many thanks in advance.
Anjie chapter 4 . 6/17/2009
OMG this was such a wonderfully written story. Fantastic job, really.
OMeggy89 chapter 2 . 3/8/2009
I would love to read the NC-17 chapter, could you link me to the group please
SilkenPetal chapter 2 . 1/23/2009
Why don't you just post the NC-17 versions of your stories of so that people don't have to request them or sign up on yahoo to read them? That is just my suggestion, if ou do post them of please tell me so I can read them.
spedclass chapter 4 . 6/6/2008