Reviews for Revelations
Fookasu221 chapter 70 . 1/22
I CAN'T WAIT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT (and, honestly, I've waited YEARS just to get to this glorious chapter- no regrets)
I started reading your fics because of your 1XR stories and the little snippets of 4xD completely won me over. Of course I read this next, and I have to say you've turned me into a full-feldged 4xD shipper. This story is CANON as far as I'm concerned, and I cannot imagine Gundam Wing continuing any other way. The characters are so in-character, the depth you've given them completely natural and just PERFECT.
(I must confess I found myself sharing many things with Dorothy, as far-fetched as that seemed initially)
My deepest thanks for creating such beautiful, complex stories. I hope -against hope, but hey, it worked with chapter 70!- taht someday you'll get around to finish this, because it's just too lovely and too engaging to leave it like this. I hope you're doing well and only happy things have kept you from writing! Best wishes!
SnippyFangirl chapter 70 . 12/31/2017
Gaaah! Sorry again. "beco bemesI have sacrificed the capital that should have come at the beginning of this sentence.

I'm done now. If this happens again, I'll just commit seppuku.
SnippyFangirl chapter 70 . 12/31/2017
Sorry againbeco bemes" is supposed to be "becomes". You see what you've done to me? I'm a shadow of my meticulous self.

Also, I've actually read up to chapter 70. I reviewed chapter one by mistake and then decided to add my corrections to the same chapter for continuity's sake. This one is for chapter 70 because I hit my review limit for chapter 1.
SnippyFangirl chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
issuesunreliable is supposed to be issues: unreliable and "beco" isn't supposed to be there at all. That's what I get for reviewing in a rush.

Happy New Year. Please finish Revelations.
SnippyFangirl chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
I nitpick. It's what I do. Let me start by saying your three fics Manifestations, Realizations and Revelations are the best fanfictions I have EVER read in the whole GW fandom. I actively challenge anyone to point me to anything of even equal quality.

That said, you have two major issuesunreliable editing (random spelling mistakes pop up as you change Betas) and plotting inconsistencies.

I assume that you wrote Revelations after Realizations and weren't anal about making sure that events common to each story matched. Adding missing scenes is fine (delightful actually). The problem is when you give contradictory accounts of a single plot event in each story.

For instance: in Realizations, Relena doesn't know about Dorothy stabbing Quatre on Libra. She only knows of it as a rumor. But in Revelations Dorothy tells her about it during a video call and Relena tells her to stop thinking of herself as just the worst thing that happened to Quatre.

J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books have similar mistakes. After a book beco bemes hugely successful, editors get lazy.

Your problems can be easily resolved with the help of an anal Beta. Find one. Your stories are exceptional; there is no reason why they can't also be technically flawless.

And please update Revelations. It would suck for you to never finish this.
Moon Prynces chapter 48 . 12/30/2017
I'm beginning to feel terrified of reading further. This chapter - the past few, actually - have been so...anxiety inducing.

Quatre's pondering at the end kind of cracks my heart...because it's a kind of realization we all have at some point. Not necessarily about loving someone, but with different relationships and feelings about things. Are our beliefs/thoughts/feelings true, or are we just projecting? I had an introspective moment not too long ago myself, and it still bothers me.

I did enjoy, though, Heero seeming almost protective of Quatre when it came to Andrew and Byron. Subtle, and thus only noted by Quatre himself. Also, Heero finding amusement in Quatre's lost temper and swift exit while using his limited social skills to piece together the relationship with Dorothy was fabulous and definitely had me laugh.

Really, a good number of things tickled me. Like, Duo getting through the security measures but admitting to getting lost in the house. Quatre and Dorothy arguing about extracts.

...I can't really remember much more to recount because I read inbetween my day and the chapters have all kind of blended together.

I think I've come to realize that one of the reasons this story had such a hold on me is the characters. I think I missed out on too much when I was around Dorothy and Quatre's age, so it feels like living and feeling through them. I understand Dorothy's flirtatious nature, being strong-willed, and suspiciously coy tactics. And I also know the scarred person underneath all that. In Quatre I see the person I used to be before I became more like Dorothy - humble and kind, but to be honest I was more of a pushover to those I let in.

All of the underlying tension between the characters you've created, and the organizations they belong to, and the forces of society... Sigh... It's just as terrible and confusing as real life.

Thank you for your response to my last review; I didn't actually expect anything. I do know how life...happens. It's not something that you should feel damned or extremely guilty about, if you don't happen to finish this story. I was just hoping that chapter 70 is closer to your destination ending and less of the middle.

Lastly, seeing the date and all...Happy New Year!

xoxo
Moon Prynces chapter 42 . 12/28/2017
It's really hard to hold it in, so I give up.

This story is amazing. It has completely captured my heart, and I've finished half of it in about a week already!

The way you created these characters is something that will stay with me forever. I don't think I've ever read an extensive Quatre/Dorothy story before. Nothing beyond say 20k words or so, and also it's been a while. You developed them so far beyond what the anime (or manga) created. You gave them quirks and habits and conversational styles that make me feel like they're real people that I know. And you kept things consistent. The changes occurring within them aren't giant leaps in behavior or feelings or thoughts, but a slow erosion from one way of being to another that isn't wholly different – just subtly so.

This chapter in particular pulled me to leave a review, because that discussion of art was wonderful. I do love that you brought in Dorothy and Quatre's differences in background, including religion and culture, and showed its impact on the characters as they are in canon. Quatre's humility and modesty being influenced by being Muslim and growing up in a more conservative culture was so easily connected. And Dorothy being more open and blunt explained by her own European upbringing and Catholic faith made for great comparison. I like the idea of her casually lecturing the difference between nudity and eroticism, and that for some (such as Quatre) it was impossible to separate the two.

Reading their interactions and their lives play out slowly, almost day by day, feels like I'm a part of it (although I do tend to get lost in stories...). Watching as Quatre slowly came to love her and then slowly come to realize it, was beautiful. And his longing, his rising and falling hopes for a future with her, creates an ache while reading. Now, seeing Dorothy painstakingly go through the same thing, albeit at a slower pace, is near torturous. And it keeps me wondering at how things will unfold. I've read far too much in my lifetime to not be able to guess some of the possible twists.

I didn't read any of your other work so some things do still elude me – such as Mars, and other referenced events – but it didn't hinder my reading. Managing to seamlessly incorporate so many characters from the Gundam Wing universe has left me in awe. You didn't try to push too many characters in together at once, at least not the major characters. Instead, there was a time and place for us to deal with each pilot and other major characters, and they all served a purpose. But you did well when you had Quatre, Dorothy and so many Maguanacs to contend with. I think it's actually harder than it seems to juggle more than four or so characters in a scene.

I think one of the things I love most about this story is the..."this is just their everyday lives" type of feeling. There is no fast moving plot pushing everything forward. There is no specific goal or destination in mind. This is just them living, and how things develop on their own. I like the leisurely pace of it. I like that the characters are still young to not know or have experienced enough, but not as young and reckless as they were in the series/movie. There is that sense that time has passed, things have moved forward, but there is still a ways to go. And that's what we're looking at.

Your writing style has also left an impression. I wish I had such opportunity to speak in a more measured, almost elegant way. To have lofty discussions with thoughtful pauses and unexpectedly insightful responses. Your use of third person omniscient storytelling is also what helps me feel like I know these characters so intimately. It's not overbearing or too vague, listening in on the thoughts of Quatre and Dorothy, and understanding their feelings and thought processes.

This story has made me laugh out loud, shed tears, smile at nothing, and just stare on determinedly drinking in word after word, paragraph after paragraph. I love when reading something actually evokes an emotional response, even if it's not as obvious as the ones I listed.

Yesterday I was reflecting on how I was so reluctant to even take on reading this because of the sheer volume. Over 500k words. The most I'll go for these days is around 100k, but my attention span has been so terrible that I usually stick to vignettes and short stories. But thankfully, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did. Of course, the downside is that in my reflection I realized I wasn't even sure if this story was complete and decided to check and...my heart was crushed. I tend to avoid anything incomplete for fear of abandonment. So, I implore you to find it in yourself to continue writing. Like I said (and as you can see), I'm only half way done with what you have written thus far. I can't imagine how crushing it'll be to get to chapter 70 and find there is still so much more waiting to be written/posted.

Seeing that you started this in 2005 and were still writing until just 2016 is even more impressive. I'm not sure how you managed it, but I have faith that even if you never finish it on paper (metaphorically), you do know how it ends in your head (err, heart?). You, your editor and proofreader have done great so far, and I'm hoping you'll be able to see this through to the end!

Thank you.

xoxo
SincerelyKayo chapter 70 . 10/22/2017
Oh my gosh! I am so in love with this story! Your grip on Quatre and Dorothy is absolutely amazing! And the plot is fabulous, I didn't want to put it down! When are you going to post the next chapter though? I'm absolutely dying for more!
Spartangurl chapter 70 . 10/13/2017
im rereading this again.
Karamel-comets chapter 70 . 9/29/2017
We're Not only continuing to Read your great Story... like many others I read it again and again. Been looking forward to your Updates of this story since the beginning and won't stop hoping for a really good Happy end :) I never read a better story. The way you write is just amazing... you make these charakters come to life while reading it. Please update soon. Can't wait to know how it goes on :) thank you
Love chapter 1 . 8/29/2017
You cant understand how many times have i re-read this trilogy. Wish you can end it someday
Years i've waited and years i will wait, that's how in love with your writing i am.
Spartangurl chapter 1 . 7/29/2017
i know this is weird but... ive finished all 3 stories 3x already. yeah yeah... im getting my head checked. but honestly? what you did with these guys? its simply amazing. you created a whole entire universe. do you know how many times i was tempted to create a mini fanfiction for Ry and Alli? insane huh? yep. you are that good. soooooo... il keep waiting for the next update for Revelation. well, its not even a question on why. hahahah also, whenever Quatre plays his 'Dorothy' song, i cant help but hear in my head this Coldplay songSky full of Stars". i dunno. i reaally have to get this head checked.
huge fan chapter 70 . 7/23/2017
Can't stop re-reading this fic. PLS FINISH!
Spartangurl chapter 70 . 7/1/2017
Okaayyyy please tell me that that wasnt the end, yes? Because i am addicted. And i cannot. Literally cannot wait for these two to finish what they started.
Dwhisper chapter 70 . 6/20/2017
This story kept crossing my mind reapeatedly for the past week and I decided to re-read it once more as I reminisced about how amazing it was.

I can't tell you how much I've truly missed this couple. Just looking back at the conversations that they shared made me smile, cringe, blush, frown, screech and laugh.

Their sadness hurts my heart, their happiness fills it and the way they care about each other lifts it. They can always get me to fangirl and feel so many different emotions.

I truly love them and this story.

I wanted to thank you for writing it and let you know that we apreaciate your dedication to this story, the little details that you put in every chapter show how much love, care and thought you put into every single word and I can't thank you enough for that. I wanted you to know that Your Readers miss this story and will wait as long as you need. No pressure, I just wanted to let you that we're here and we still exist.

Ps; I can't wait till they are actually a couple. I can't help imagining Dorothy when she finally figures out that she can use an upgraded version of her seduction to tease Quatre since he is her boyfriend and it spiraling out of control until Quatre snaps and shows how 'passionate' he can really be which just makes her want to do it again. *giggles& fantasies*

*Sighs happily*