Reviews for Terror Firma
Nutterfly chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
This is a good story wherein Sam must use his wits to figure out the reason for the leap as well as how to resolve the problem. I loved the idea of the Leapee trying to hack into Ziggy! Of course this keeps Al from being there to help Sam – and Al’s eventual desperate solution was extremely inventive. And just when you think it’s over, the action begins anew to end with Sam fixing things for everyone involved.

I particularly enjoyed switching from the Leap to problems at PQL HQ; it built the suspense wonderfully by leaving one plot “hanging” while the other evolves.
Irish Story Teller chapter 21 . 1/18/2009
This is a great story. :) You've nailed down Sam and Al perfectly and they work so well together in your story.

Your story sure does bring back some fond Quantum Leap memories. I look forward to reading your other stories.

Your friend,

Janice R. Sager chapter 21 . 3/31/2008

I'm not really as familiar with this show as most people here probably are, but I really enjoyed this story. You really brought back my memories of the some few episodes that I had seen. Al's peacock-like suits had me in stitches and I thought Sam's voice very true to what I remembered of the character on TV. David, while being overly curious and too-smart-for-his-own-good still managed to remain a sympathetic character despite nearly killing Sam. And Frank and Bill were well rounded secondary characters. The tension was maintained and slowly built throughout without ever becoming overly melodramatic. Really well done and a pleasure to read. I'm looking forward to reading your sequels.
Sherlock's Sparrow chapter 21 . 11/8/2006
Very good story! I loved it! I'll be sure to read the others very soon! _
LadyKayoss chapter 21 . 2/28/2006
Finally finished this today! You really like to play up Sam's heroic side, don't you? There are some costumed superheroes who'd be put to shame by his actions here... This was a good read, with some tense scenes - especially the part with the cement truck. Ouch. The fact that you used both 'she' and 'he' to describe Ziggy at one point was confusing, though. I look forward to reading the next stories in your series!
LadyKayoss chapter 5 . 2/24/2006
This is definately off to a great start, so far. You've characterized Sam very well, and the bit with the car crash was pretty intense, like something that would've been on the show. I can't wait to get back to reading this when I have the time!
LadyKayoss chapter 3 . 2/24/2006
I admit it: I'm impressed already and I haven't even started reading the fic yet. I mean, this isn't a fan fic, it's a novel that, in a fair world, would right now be sitting on the shelf with my other QL books! I can't wait to read this through, and I'm glad I have the time to do it on Spring Break. And I can't wait to get to your fourth story, which I would read now, except that I want to go in order. Anyway, I think I'll go and start reading now...
Xiilnek chapter 21 . 1/3/2006
Hi. I just wanted you to know that I really, really like this story and the way it turned out. The ending, too, was great. He's lucky you put him so close to the finish line!

I'm glad you have posted the next story - I'm going to go read it, now. This is a great way to spend the last day of my Christmas vacation! Thank you for writing (and posting) this.
Xiilnek chapter 5 . 1/2/2006
This is a wonderful story. I look foward to reading the rest of it. I like how you write the original characters to seem real, each with a different personality. Sam and Al, too, are written really well. The description of Al's outfit was greatly amusing.

I don't think, though, that Sam would be affected (effected?) like that by those events - he has faced much worse without having a reaction like that. I'm pretty sure. (I don't get to watch the show much, unfortunately. Only the occasional marathon on the sci-fi channel)

I think it's cool, that you set up the first few chapters like a book, even including the letter from the publisher. That set a good mood.

Hurrah for long reviews.