Reviews for The Promise
Blood Zephyr chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Was this a one-shot? It doesnt say complete... I'll alert it anyway.
kateydidnt chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Hmm, the thing about mortal/elf marriages is this-Elves, even when they die-go to the halls of Mandos for a time of healing and then are returned to their bodies in Valinor. Mortals on the other hand die and for a period go to the Halls of Mandos but after that time their fate is unknown. That is why it is such an extraordinary gift given to the half-elven to chose the fate of elves or the fate of mortals-so that when Arwen chose mortality she then shared the same fate as Aragorn-but Haldir is not given the choice of a mortal fate and so after the halls of mandos Ashk and Haldir would be parted until the end of Arda.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
That was sad...:(
CK chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
I love this series. I have missed reading about them. i hope you will continue. The series is well written, interesting and intriguing. Just cannot wait to see what will happen next. I wondered if Haldir realized that he has been in denial about losing his wife to death. I think now Ashk must realize how very much he loves her.

Please continue the series, I love reading it.
TJ chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
I'm glad you are continuing, but... the elves and mortals don't go to the same place after death. This is seriously out of cannon - is it deliberate?
Coolio02 chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
Wow *sniff* this was very touching. Good job on this. I do hope you will continue doing more fics with Ashk and Haldir.
huntress73 chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
How incredibly sad! Instead of going through the whole list I'll just be lazy and say poor everybody. I suppose it is something they had to talk about sooner or later because it will happen...unless you think of a way that it doesn't :) If you ever do decide to kill her off I'll have to be sure to have a box of klennex and alot of chocolate on hand.
sparrow's strumpet chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
That was so sad. I never realized how much Haldir would have to suffer were he to live on while Ashk was gone. Brilliant.
cymrulady chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
This was so touching. Please continue to write about their lives - you do it so well.
Dee69 chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
I am so glad that you have continue writing Haldir/Ashk story I love them. This story is really wonderful keep up the good work
Pamie884 chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
That was so sad! Sad, but good of course! ::sigh:: I've realized that I'm still bitter that Ashk will die eventually lol. But it's only because I love her character so much. Anyway, well done!
Stacey chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
So wonderful to see a new installment with Ashk and Haldir! It's been way too long, but I understand how busy life can become. :) I'd love to see A & H's storyline continue...so many angsty possibilities!
Julia chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
It was good to read about Haldir, Ashk, and the twinnies again, even in such a sad story. I hope you post more about them soon, I've missed them!
MythicalRhythm chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
That was really well written, though I don't like the thought of Ashk dying...anyway, please continue, and I also really liked the first part of The Mage!
Song in the woods chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Poor Haldir, to choose the easy way out of grief or to have to fight it daily for the ones who love him. That sounded mean, but it isn't meant to be. He will have to fight daily just to find a reason to live once Ashk dies; and Big Anna will blame him no matter what he does.