Reviews for Something New
VeroniqueClaire chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
What an intriguing beginning - or stunning cliffhanger, as is. I very much enjoyed reading this, you've got a nice style and quality of writing, strong characterization, and some deft slights of hand (so to speak) with a bit of intentional misdirection here and there. Shall it be a one shot, or is this only the beginning?
Blaise White chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
This is really good. I like it a lot. *Adds to favorites*
the daroga chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
Methinks Christine will not be buying those darker, thicker curtains.

I see this as Erik letting go; whether it's the real Erik involved I am doubtful. I think it likely that Christine has manufactured this to facilitate her recovery; though that's just one person's opinion. I liked the idea very much, esp. the characterization of the skull as "handsome" and clean. Very nice thought, that. Many of our prized artifacts are another time's garbage, right?

Watch for "its" vs. "it's".
Mizamour chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
I love your work. That's all I can say. I just really, really love your work.
Red Queen of Diamonds chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Please update soon. I what know going to happen!
jellybellyboom chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
oh, creepy. I can just immagine the scene...

*shakes head to clear thoughts*

and I like your style. :)
phantomy-cookies chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Damn Stitchgrl! Revisions indeed! If I didn't know any better, I'd swear this was an entirely different story altogether. Hoohoo. Lock up your Christines, folks! Stitchgrl is posting another story! (ROTFL)

I loved, loved, loved this idea. LOVED IT! An exhibition of 'the famous skeleton' seemed so indicative of Leroux to me. (Especially after him waxing poetic at the end of the book about how 'special' that little skeleton was.) Christine and Raoul stopping by for a peek is even more crazy and wrong. It screams morbidity like a 5-year old girl locked in Scorpion's closet. LOL.

Your Erik is, of course, completely fabulous. I love how you stretched out his manevolence in this. A talking skull has a certain sort of charm about it that is incomparable to anything else. I also love when he pops up in the bedroom and... how did you put it...

((He grasped his heart with his long skeletal fingers and bowed gracefully to her horror.))

HAHA! Yes! Perfect! Goodness, but that was a fabulous line. Sexy and evil Eriks almost make me want to forgive you for your incomprehensibly stupid Christines. "No, you stupid, vain child!" *snorts* Was that Erik speaking or was that you, my dear? (Heehee.) Naughty, naughty.

Oh, and can I say how hard I laughed the first time I read this when Christine was describing what Raoul smelled like. 'Raoul smelled like a MAN!' HAHAHA. Suddenly I had visions of Raoul as the Brawny Man or something, standing in a flannel shirt and dispensing paper towels to lonely housewives. Merciful heavens, but I adore you Stitchgrl.

Thanks for posting this delightful work of art. Fear not- I honestly felt like you were kicking me in the groin while saying, "Ha! I'm a fantastic author and you suck! Don't ever criticize my writing again!" *kisses and hugs*

Gets the phantomy-cookies 10 out of 10!
Elcie chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
The story is well paced, the dialogue is effective, and the concept is very original. You really do get a lot of information across in few words which is difficult to do effectively and which I really admire in this piece.

The plot is much clearer now but it still maintains an enigmatic feel. It's clear enough to let us know what isn't going on, but no so obvious that we know exactly what happens to Christine (is she hallucinating, is Erik's ghost really talking to her?). This is very good as it lends a lot of mystery to the piece without making it confusing. Your revisions are great.
Ama chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
M very nice
ahomelesspirate chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Interesting. Erik has powers that reach beyond the grave. Delicously creepy, if I do say so myself.
Person chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
UNIQUE!
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Yay for revised editions! :D Um. I don't know what else to say because I pretty much spent everything I was going to say in like 2 previous reviews. :P I think it's much creepier this time and makes more sense. Although I'm still not sure if it was all a dream (as addressed in the last line) or if Erik or Raoul set it all up. I liked the idea of Christine counting down (or is it up?) each time Raoul leaves/returns. Speaking of Raoul.. poor Raoul. But he's a very nice Raoul at least. :)

This was indeed something very, very new to see. Kudos for originality. :D
Quiet2885 chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Slightly morbid, yet extremely satisfying! I loved how you wrote Erik in this piece. I also love a twisted E/C ending like this one. It's just as gratifying as an E/C fluffy ending. Wonderful work as always!