Reviews for Ten Things I Hate About You
alex.d.burns chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Loved it. It was easy to read and had a realistic train of thought feel to it. The ending was very very smooth. Would have been very easy to mess up but the author made it flow very smoothly and had gave it a satisfying ending despite being fairly short.
Historian1912 chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Okay story. It was a bit funny, though the political jokes not only fell flat for me but also hurt my opinion of it, not counting the fact I disagree with you (and Raven). Seriously, if you want 'worst president' look up anyone from 1869 (start of Grant's presidency) to maybe 1900. I'll refrain from making more comments concerning current politics for both our sakes. To put it simply, politics is a good way to ruin my day even when I agree with what a person is saying.

Anyways I liked how the letter part of the story felt like it was a bit of a rambling letter, sort of justifying the fact that it is frankly too candid for Raven under normal circumstances. Acknowledging that in-story was a bit amusing and helped my suspension of disbelief. I have to say, though, that the break between the letter and the events after Raven wrote it felt a bit off, though I can't think of a way to smooth the transition. Feel free to ignore that last bit because of that.

In summary, not bad but I've read some of your other works that I liked better.

Sincerely,

Historian1912
Rainbor123 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Aw i loved that... was suppose to be cleaning my room but still loved it :)
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Love as an anesthetic? Never thought of it that way.

This is one of the better foray's into Raven's mindscape that I've read ... and I've read some. I'm not sure how I had managed to avoid reading it until now, because I love your work (you're in my Favorite Authors list), but I'm VERY GLAD I got to it today. Just getting to experience this story made up for all the aggravation my computer has put me through in trying to load my new CAD software. Well worth it! Thank you for this gem.
Sharpclaws chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Bravo! (clapping) This is wonderful. This a great mixture of humor and romance/heartfelt emotion. Quite a few times I burst out laughing from reading a line ('is this some type of screwy favoritism?')and every time I was thankful that no one else was in the room to question my sanity. Though another part of me wanted to get up and show this to my brother, but I would have to stop where I was at and I just couldn't do that. I had to read this to the end. As it went on it really got to me and I wanted desperately for Beastboy to read the letter somehow. Thanks for this wonderful little story.
tiamat100 chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
This was so brilliant. Those are all things that Raven would never say but you wrote them so that they sounded like her thoughts. The whole time she and Beast Boy were in the kitchen I was holding my breath, hoping that somehow he would get to read it. Thank you for not leaving it as a "He would never know" type oneshot. This made me smile. I loved the idea of Beast Boy being the perfect support for her, no matter what.
sessha16 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
...ever read a fic that had you grinning like an idiot... this one just did it for me...

...it was difficult reading through the heavy paragraphs, but it was worth it... ;
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Sweetness and pain. How very BB and Raven.
Anthony1l chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
This story is hilarious, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
Super Girl chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I loved this! Really funny and sweet!
obsessivereader95 chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
:) i liked the ending best.
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Beautiful and funny story. I really liked it, especially the part where Raven listed the most irritating creatures on the earth. xD Hilarious! Once again, nice job! ;D
GreenRock chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Personally, one of the most heart-warming one-shots I have read.

The way you start it off with a humourous tone to it and carry it on about halfway thorugh sets the story up for such a sweet, touching twist nearer to the end. You certainly pulled the laughs out with the list but as you reached the conclusion, you sweep in a beautiful element which sprinkles the story with heartfelt emotion.

If you get a warm fuzzy feeling when writing, I got a warm fuzzy feeling reading this one-shot.

A great job well done.

:D
Treskttn chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
This was GREAT! I LOVED IT! Great job!
Raven's Favorite Emotion chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Okay... freaking wow. I was looking for some amazing Beast Boy and Raven stories tonight, and I found it! Oh my goodness, this is just amazing.

I honestly can see this happening. I mean who hasn't seen that freaking movie? It's a good movie, I must say. Anyway... this was really good.

I loved how you had Raven type out the letter and then throw it away. I loved how Beast Boy found it. I loved how at the end you can just feel the self hatred coming off of the page (or computer screen, whatever) in waves. I loved how Beast Boy sneaked into her room and put a room on her cloak (where in the world did he get one). I loved how Raven called Starfire her sister. I loved how as soon as I started this story I couldn't get out of it. I loved how it sucked me in. I loved how this story made me smile with it's wry humor. I loved how everyone stayed in character. I loved how you included everyone at the end. I loved this story, end of.

The only part I have to comment on is a few times in the story some of the words are put together likethis. But it only happens a few times, and I can understand it with a story this long.

Fantastic job. Really. Fantastic.
158 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »