Reviews for An Amalgam of Lost Tales
koalared chapter 5 . 8/6/2005
Please don''t leave this unfinished!
dawn2dusk chapter 5 . 8/4/2005
I really enjoyed reading this. It is interesting to hear it coming from Jinn's point of view.
sarcastic rabbit chapter 5 . 7/28/2005
Ah, you don't know how much I love you for writing this little series. I discovered Samurai Champloo a few weeks ago, thanks to the notorious Gavin_Gunhold, and instantly became a die-hard fan from the opening credits of episode one (I kid you not). It's my new favourite obsession, the only problem being that it's over and finished, and there will never be more.

Thank you for this wonderful bit of fanfic, with it's perfect Jin-ish voice which is to die for. It's hilariously funny: Jin takes himself way too seriously, and is so smart, yet so clueless when it comes to himself and other people. The Fuu and Mugen characters are true to the anime too. But your Jin is spectacular. Thanks for this funny, clever, true-to-the-series take on my favourite character.

Gavin Gunhold chapter 5 . 7/28/2005
This is SO terrific! Your portrayal of Jin is perfect - written with much loving disrespect. Which is exactly how Shino treats him, too, and is the reason why that episode is one of my favourites.

Extra points to you for the "I can't believe you've stolen my swords" scene. There just isn't a better way to make Jin angry. :D (Oh, and for the "Jin finally caught a fish..." bit too. And for all the other parts, too, because they all rock!)
imayb1 chapter 2 . 7/21/2005
This was a terrific chapter. I loved the bits about Mugen's stench and how he was "obnoxious" for showing off and fishing with his feet. I liked Jin's thoughts about tranquility and the gut feeling about "the right thing to do."

Then, you tied everything together beautifully with Mugen's "bath" and Jin catching a fish. You write these characters incredibly well. Their relationships are vividly accurate.
imayb1 chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
I'm glad I've finally started reading this. I think you've written the characters superbly.

I love Jin's calm and his observations about Fuu in particular. So many of his musings were unvoiced in the anime, but I felt them. It pleases me to see them printed so clearly. You are a marvel that you were able to present this story so... truly.
BlackSails chapter 5 . 7/18/2005
I really like the story. Mostly your charactersation(did I spell that right?) of Jin. You made him introverted and introspected, but still with a certain idealistic(not sure if that's the best word, but its the only one I could think of)view of things thats been slightly tarnished by betrayal. If that sounds confusing, your right-it is. But I don't know how else to explain Jin. He's an intereasting character.
Elementary Magpie chapter 5 . 7/14/2005
This story is just such an ever-expanding delight. I love the understated way you weave together little allusions and references: bringing back the island game to show how awareness of his missing katana invades Jin's dreams; Jin rationalizing away his grief at Fuu's leaving before he can even really feel it. And "Lightening knows nothing..." that could be Jin describing his own thoughts and actions in this story, all unawares. I'm glad you found my previous comments helpful - I like your edits a lot; they recover the tone-perfect nature of your Mugen and Jin conversations. I especially liked "Just like sensei was" - an elegant and more heartrending way of having him realize what you want him to while still expressing it in a characteristic manner.

Overall: Yum! Looking forward to finding out how you wrap this up.
Lady Kagewaki chapter 5 . 7/13/2005
LOL! "The man has the stealth of a brain-damaged elephant" This is great. The descriptions of Mugen are fantastic and so very Jin-like! I'm so impressed with your knowledge of artifacts and culture. How did you learn all of this? I read quite a bit, but still lack in many ways. I love Jin's thoughts on Shino. Her answer to his question was brilliant. (I'd bold the "brilliant" but I can't!). I can't wait for your next chapter!
poornmiseable chapter 5 . 7/11/2005
i'm confused...why did they have to trick him to go to the shack
en route chapter 5 . 7/11/2005
haha, loved it. as always, your portrayal of jin is very believable and how i would imagine him to be. update soon!

Phi-Dono chapter 5 . 7/11/2005
i have to say, this chapter made me laugh so much, it caught me by surprise. i mean, you wouldn't think jin to be the comical type, and yet here i am, snorting cuz i'm trying to keep the giggles in, all because of a few choice lines jin thinks of, or an image that pops in my head. such as, "No. I can still hear him, crashing around in the forest. The man has the stealth of a brain-damaged elephant." and then the mental picture of jin fully clothed, standing in the middle of a river with ten or so fish wiggling their tails in his haori. maybe jin should get sick more often. _ oh this one was so great - i know i keep saying that, but it just seems that every time i read this, every chapter gets better and better, and so much more satisfying. i also love the fact that there is slight humor and a touch of romance. it's not like other fics where the story is practically dripping with angst and drama and what not. this fic gives me the kind of "what you couldn't see" kinda feeling. like 'behind the scenes' and what not. i guess that's what makes it more personal, and more enjoyable. as always, just on time with the update bee-sama. please do continue and update soon, as you have been doing. ;) (btw, i'll go back and re-read all the chapters once you've posted the last one, since you've made some changes. since we can't review twice, just know that i'll already love em! :D)
Lady Kagewaki chapter 4 . 7/9/2005
THis doesn't need to be romantic! Swiming around in Jin's thoughts is a very satisfying experience. This is very interesting! A fever! Who'd a thunk it? I love your Mugen too. He's vile and disgusting, yet totally and brutally honest.
Lady Kagewaki chapter 3 . 7/9/2005
Lol! This story doesn't even need a plot! This is great. THe way you describe Jin's insecurities is really touching and yet logical!
Lady Kagewaki chapter 2 . 7/9/2005
LOL! This is amazing. You are amazing! This is the best Samurai Champloo fic I've ever read! Beautiful! Charming and Fantastic!
110 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »