Reviews for Ashes
BetaReject chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
Holy sweet crap was this amazing! Especially the ending just blew my mind and knocked me off my seat! WOW!
Voldy's pink teddy chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
"I am able to see him as nothing more than a tool, because this is what my master requires of me, and what I require of myself. I am able to shut off my emotions easily, and yet I can plunge in a second into the anger that is my only nourishment. I am lucky to be able to do this; it is a necessity, or else my emotions would destroy me...

I must, instead, shove everything that I feel behind the durasteel wall that separates me from Anakin Skywalker, Luke's father. I must not allow myself attachment to this boy, I must not love him.

For everything I love turns to ashes, burned by the fire that consumes me."

Very astute descriptions of Vader's dissociation from his true self. Interestingly done.
Ldihawk chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
"...Everything I love turns to ashes burned by the fires that consume me"-Great last line! The nightmare sequence was particularly effective. Well-written, captured Vader's self-loathing and hatred well.
Kimaa chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
God, this was great. I loved the last three paragraphs. You're way too talented to just be writing fanfics, though. I hope you've got bigger plans.
ZekksGoddess chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Hey, this is ZekksGoddess from JC!

I didn't know you were here too and I just had to pop in and mention how much I love this fic!
Treenahasthaal chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Wonderful! Just wonderful! Beautiful writing - thank you for sharing this!
Eruvyweth chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Wow! Very moving, very powerful last two sentences. Quite impressive. You've done a very nice job capturing Lord Darth Vader - I commend thee.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Brilliant. I love the line where Vader blames the dreams on his son, rather than looking inward for the reason. And perhaps, in a way, the dreams are predicated on his discovery of Luke, but it's his own soul that equates all the evil he does with hurting Padme (the symbol of the ones he loves). He KNOWS he's wrong, he just doens't want to acknowledge it.

I have often thought that Vader's mind must be a minefield of "Do not go there" and "Don't think that". How else could he be who he is? He's not just divided, he's shattered...he's a million disperate peices, cutting out the old life that he had as Anakin and trying to pretend that he is all right. And Luke comes along and just shatters that illusion, blows holes in that farce.

*Stops waxing poetic* Nice one-shot, liked it very much.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Good, good, filled with emotion. You're wording is moderate, and I especially like these lines; "I hate no man like I hate Obi-wan...except perhaps myself." There's a unique pain flowing through this vignette. Vader's vision of Padme touching him through the Force is very interesting and probably something Anakin thought about occasionally, and the revelation of it all as a dream is done pretty well. The emotions at the end are a little vague, like it doesn't explain where all this in episode three stems from, except that he killed Padme. Altogether enjoyable.
Barbossa'sApples chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
That was incredible. You truly had Vader's emotions. Just how he would react and think...I think. Great job.
J.E.A.R.K.Potter chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
The was a great story! Nice insight of Vader!-(Erin)J.E.A.R.
VA-Parky chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Wow, that was wonderful! I think your characterization of Vader is dead on, and that's what makes it especially heartwrenching. Great job! Going to add this to my favorites right now.