Reviews for To Begin Anew, part 1
Greta Herron chapter 1 . 5/12
I love the story, and the idea that Sarek would be quietly keeping tabs on his son makes perfect sense...I'm sure it started from trying to learn as much about his vulcan patient as possible in case he had to treat him, but in the process McCoy would have discovered he needed to learn more than the physical aspect of Vulcan medicine. Kirk's tendency to focus on a single thing at a time would actually know less than McCoy on many fronts, and occasionally you saw signs of that. The idea that he had no idea Sarek and Amanda were Spock's parents were a clear sign of that; he should have wondered whether or not Spock knew the Vulcans who were going to be joining the Enterprise!
Renewed Fan chapter 1 . 3/22
Amazing story! You've got me hooked and I have to read part 2. I'm having a bit of difficulty with Kirk being so callous and hurtful, but the McKoy/Spock interplay is fascinating. The impact Spock's immature body is having on his mental state is an interesting point.

I love your writing!
Well, this is an amazing story and I love it :). It's a great idea about Spock as young little horseman and I like watching relationship between him and McCoy. (I am sorry if I did some mistakes in this review but english is not my home language.)
Kerry chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Wonderful story-you captured the intricate blend of child/adult Spock. Please continue.
Light8mare chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
This is so cute I don't even watch Star Trek and I love it. Poor vulnerable Spock. He'll have to give in to his childish needs eventually. McCoy can't very well deny a child help either with the memories of his daughter.
NaoNazo chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
I really loved reading all of this, but especially seeing McCoy and Spock fumbling their way towards a better relationship. Can't wait to see if you've written a continuation!
mtcbones chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
i'm reading this again i love your story perhaps someday you will tell us what happened after sarek and how spock recovers.
Livia chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Fantastic story. Great writing!
Bergamotte chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Fantastic beginning, Pat Foley! It was AU, I can see that, but everybody seems in character, and I love seeing Spock as a child getting a pony.
femmedecoeur chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Loved this story, sad to see that it was completed years ago... Thank you again for a wonderful escape into the world you created!
Linvalay chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
DUUUUUDDDEEE this is fan-freaking-tastic!

i have to go to bed right now but i plan to read the 2nd half tomorrow!
Fafy chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Great story
srmacrina chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
This is the story through which I discovered Pat Foley and it is the most unique Star Trek story I've read. I do hope that some day she finishes the sequel with which she very briefly enticed us.
Gotham's Siren chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Excellent story so far! I love it! Spock is adorable in this!
Got the Jitters chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
So you wrote this a looooooong time ago, and I was like seven years old when you first published it. It was so long ago that infact, I probably shouldn't even be writing this review. I should probably go off and do something else with my time, except... This story is just so amazing that I just HAD to write a review! I don't even know if you'll ever read this, but I'm going to write it anyway. (Please excuse any misspellings you might see, I'm writing this quickly.)

Overall, this is one of the best stories I have ever read on this website, or elsewhere for that matter. The plot was brilliant, and the characterization was perfect. Kirk was a little out of character, but since this is an AU and you wrote him so believably, I could very easily suspend my disbelief.

In fact, if I were to ever meet the Captain Kirk you have depicted in this story, I would have given him a piece of my mind, and then slapped him. Hard. Of course, that would probably have hurt me more than him, but you get the idea.

Tired of my ramblings yet? Hang with me here, please, for just a little longer.

This story made me laugh, cry, groan with dismay, and shout for joy. I smirked along with McCoy, raised my eyebrows along with Spock, and wanted to slap Kirk. I even loved your OCs, which is very unusual for me! I got into this story more than I ever do for other fanfiction, or even published books. I could hardly bear to stop reading at points in the story. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write one of the best stories I have ever had the pleasure to read, and for making my favorite characters come alive again before my eyes in this wonderful fanfic! Please continue it. Keep up the great writing!

54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »