Reviews for The Twilight Of The Immortal
UltimateMForever chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
nice idea on this type of story
Yoroboro chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
Well, even though this story was completed "in ages past," I still found it rather charming. I personally enjoyed it very much. Keep up the good work!
ecnal nogardnap chapter 59 . 4/30/2006
And so it ends...XD

Well, another magnificent story. Scary that I finished like ten chapters in one day...

I really liked it with the action and humour bits (though nto the finale. NOT the finale!)and you had some gutwrenching drama there. I really did feel so sad, like I wanted to cry when (kersnap)...'Nuff said...

Anyhoo, I really hated Abaj then and there. Great work! Now I'm wondering what the next one is...Hooray!

...On a side note, can I ask for your permission to use your characters in future ideas for my oh-so-irresponsibly-unmoving FFXI fic? I actually had ideas on that though it won't be for awhile...XD

Well, that's all for now! I really liked it all, even though it made me want to just cry for all the tragedy slumped in there...And not a cry-because-it's-ham-acting! It's cry-because-I-feel-for-them! ...I'll shut up now...P
ecnal nogardnap chapter 56 . 4/29/2006
Only one word can sum up this chapter... (ahem)

(a'la Darth Vader)

No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!
ecnal nogardnap chapter 48 . 4/29/2006
Sorry if this comes up twice, but the review window jsut said that a problem occured! Damned fanfiction site!

Anyways, in a nutshell, I'm still really liking it! You pretty much have the charactes tightly knit, and I like that!

I also like Trevia's emotional bits. In fact, I don't mind emotion...I don't mind making characters aloof, but I love to make them more (if you'll pardon the term in FFXI) human...XD

Things are getting interesting and I'm curious once more as to how this will be resolved!

Hmm...And did Abaj just return? .
ecnal nogardnap chapter 42 . 4/10/2006
Ah, here I am again, six more chapters down the lane...XD

Well, I really liked th Sandoria arc and how you pretty much covered most things.

And I should probably find mroe synonyms, but I guess at the moment I'll settle for commenting that you ahd some nice suspense and action like usual..Bleeh...XD

The wedding chapter was an interesting viewpoint and I liked it. Of course, I'm curious to see just what exatcly will happen next...Meh, tha AlWAYS happens when you've got a six century gap or so...
ecnal nogardnap chapter 36 . 4/7/2006
Contrary to thoughts up to this point, your A.N.s DON'T make up half the word count...XD

I'm still loving it!

Sure, it MAY be an 'intrigues of the royal court' sort of story, but you really pull it off so well!

I liked the intro to the story arc with the Royal Guards dieing. It was rather dramatic for 'the world in general', in my opinion.

And you got some pretty nice characters introduced so far, actually. Dartian has a good sense of loyalty to his king. Oddly enough, a guy i know has a name similarly pronounced...

D'Mil is nice in that she is conflicted in a good way, though it's nice you've brought up suggestions for ways to progess her and the cardinal at the end of the chapter I'm reviewing.

Of course, I also don't really like writing 'bad' per-se characters, so I mostl stick with good unless it fits with what I think or what I want.

Anyhoo, I really liked it, and I ESPECIALLY liked the VERY far back foreshadowing of Bootus' (or Sotobu's) future...XD

'He'd sure show the Light Warriors' indeed...
ecnal nogardnap chapter 30 . 4/4/2006
(phew) School's had me a bit swamped, but nothing I can't handle. And a big point, I'm halfway through already!

I'm really liking the lighter tune of the present story arc (a rescue mission) but I'm also glad one ofthe larger story arcs was resolved nicely...At last, Olose is now THE last of the werewolves...XD

Yeah, I'm pretty much a sucker for happy endings in the long run...

Anyhoo, everything else is still great. Romance is actually sort of a plus with me, so nothing is detracting from this.

The final duel you had between Olose and Abaj was, yeah, graphic, but at least not TOO graphic and descriptive. I rather liked it, actually. Nice intense stuff.

Oh! And the characters! I AM loving the interactions and expressions myself in this! Suse is providing steady and fun comic relief...Oh. And Fred, her pet frog.

Well, that's all for now. I'm REALLY looking forward to the rest, though! Will read when I can!
ecnal nogardnap chapter 20 . 3/26/2006
Coincidence..The chapter I aim to read until shows a major event AND cliffhanger...Impressive, most impressive...XD

And contrary to your own opinions, I rather liked the previous chapters you thought were crappy. One of them fleshed out some background on (fic-wise) Phabrizoe and I'm just one of those saps that likes a bit of romance in fics...XD

The war was also had a pretty nice trick featured. Gee whiz, Final Fantasy sure does give a lot of room for stunts like that, doesn't it? XD

All in all, I once again enjoyed it. I'm really wondering what'll happen in the remaining thirty nine chapters...
ecnal nogardnap chapter 16 . 3/26/2006
Well, I WAS planning on saving this for chapter 20, but the A.N. has forced my hand...XD

Anywho, I liked the chapter before this for stand-alone adventures, and this is pretty nice. Probbly because I have gradually developed a taste for swashbuckling...XD

The drama...Hmm...Well, I thought the established settings for the characters were quite good and executed nicely, though yes, admittedly there are one or two points that left little room to develop. Minor, though.

It's not terribly tear-jerking, which is good for me, though I apologise if it were meant to be (or at least something like it).

And believe you me, contrary to personal opinions, I DO appreciate well-done drama. In fact, I think that most stories with even a bit of seriousness somewhere deserve a proper amount of drama. It's only when people overdo it and (for example) make their characters a crying, self-hating, suicidal wreck every one or two events that it gets REALLY annoying...Mortal Kombat fanfics are a good example...XD

And of course, your fics don't tread anywhere near that, a major plus with me.

All in all, I rather liked it once again. To recap, there was good action, humour, and some rather decent drama. though I didn't immediately feel it, I could imagine how hard it musta been to leave Olose there.

And now, the rest...XD
ecnal nogardnap chapter 14 . 3/20/2006
Well, a story arc complete, and if you bonded with the characters, you'd really feel for Olose...Poor guy 'died'.

I rather liked it with some good moments of drama and some nice action. Abaj Tuh seems to be the sort of guy you'd love to hate, at least to me.

Hmm, I wonder what'll happen in future...Either way, I rather like all the links you make with characters, locations and whatnot...XD

Right, that's it for today. Time to go watch Frasier...
ecnal nogardnap chapter 6 . 3/19/2006
Well, here I am getting around to reading this. I rather like it, in fact, though I must say, by the first chapter a sentient being with a name was killed off already...XD

The characters here are pretty cool too, and though I don't understand any of the Chinese, it's a pretty nifty gimmick. I suppose it's a good sign that Norg and Olose settled their disputes so quickly (a one chapter span) and Olose got over his cursing his heritage.

Hmm...Abaj Tuh...WHERE have I heard that before...Neh chutta! XD
Neo Xain chapter 58 . 11/2/2005
Wow! that final battle was...man, i cant even find a word to decribe how great it was. and the ending...it was very fiting. i never thought i would finish this story in less than a week, but i did. im accually glad that i read this story, it was an unforgetable read. i really got nothing negitive to say about the whole story in genral...and if i did i wouldn't spoil this last review becuase of something in the past.
Neo Xain chapter 43 . 11/1/2005
i think you have developed trevia very well. i was able to follow her evolution form a cold hearted assasin to who she is now. also the way you discribed her feelings about her emotions and such was phenominal. i really should chastise(j/k)you for doubting your ablities with character...i dont know how many times i said that is your strong point.
Neo Xain chapter 42 . 11/1/2005
i really love how this chapter came out. instead of haveing it role into a flash back, going thru the wedding day; haveing something stupid but funny happen...you know what i mean. haveing olose talk about mad me feel that is was very important to him. however...

if i were reading this when you were writeing the story, i would have told you to drop the current line that you are writeing and move on to another era. i mean, 600 years is a long time. this constant droping of all the characters would show the tragic side to olose being immortal. but...

i see in this chapter olose mentions, "Back before I was used to be immortal, my first lifetime, really. I guess that’s what you could call it," kind of give the excuse to stay in the era with arcadia.(its a great line by the way) also, this isnt the end so i dont know if you go into another era.