Reviews for For Absent Friends
KelinciHutan chapter 3 . 8/11/2008
The by Troufeilloumont makes several spurious claims, the most notable of which is accusing Kittenmommy of plagiarism. If you've spent any time reading Kittenmommy's work, you'll know in a second that the claim is ridiculous.

The second is that the "Universal Repository of Works" is a community with which Kittenmommy is not actually affiliated. It was created *by* Troufeilloumont as an "experiment" in plagiarism (the main goal of which is documented in said user's profile). Ignore her review. She's trolling because Kittenmommy had the gumption to call her on her BS and she didn't like that.
The Voice of Reason chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Attention all honest and hardworking fanfiction writers. "Author" Troufeilloumont is the owner of the site he or she is complaining about and Kittenmommy found out the truth about it and left.

Do not listen to Troufeilloumont who is apparently insane, and insists ficcers are 'not subject to the petty laws of men'.
greysw chapter 2 . 10/17/2005
I was just re-reading this fic, and thought I'd praise it once more. There are so many memorable scenes here - Sabé's funeral, Padmé's meeting with Yoda, and Palpatine's conversation with Anakin's ghost... I love them all. :)

I especially like this line: “Loves,” Palpatine corrected. “Present tense.” He smiled sadly. “I speak from bitter experience.” That does such a lovely job of capturing Palpatine's character - he still hurts, himself, but he has the patience and experience to help others with their own pain. Very cool.

Anyway, thanks again for writing this. I hope to read more of this fic someday!
dutchtulips not signed in chapter 3 . 8/6/2005
Oh, thanks for totally putting a knife in my heart! Anakin and Sabe dead? I thought it would be a dream sequence or something... damn! But I'm thrilled to see you back again! I've always adored all of your SW fics. ;-)

Very heartwrenching so far, but very good. Padme's emotions are totally understandable; I really feel for her. I do sincerely hope you choose to continue this; I must know where you go next with this story. You're going on my author alerts. Kudos again!
Agny chapter 3 . 7/15/2005
Somehow I know that the Chancellor won't be left in peace... I wonder, who is the new phantom menace.

And where are the kids? Being a jedi is not an excuse for not supporting parents in such a difficult time. Anakin's children as well as Sabe's definitely don't share their parents' independent character.
greysw chapter 3 . 7/13/2005
How bittersweet it must be for Padmé to see Anakin again, but only briefly... and I wonder what it is that the Jedi are keeping from Palpatine?

I especially like the way you've shown the reactions of the press. That's a very nice touch. I'll look forward to the next chapter!
Cmdr. Gabe E chapter 3 . 7/13/2005
KITTENMOMMY :)! I really feel so sorry for Padme :(! I can just imagine how painful it was for her to see her deceased husband standing there knowing that that's the last time she'll ever see him. I really love the dialogue betweed Anakin and Padme too. He really wants her to move on, but Padme can't seem to. She can't let go of him. But Anakin's right...it's time for her to make new memories. Looks like Padme and Palpy really have to take care of each other now. Hm...i wonder what Anakin was telling Yoda in the last line though... ANywayz, please do update SOON :D!
DarthChina chapter 2 . 7/8/2005
As usual, very well written, Kittenmommy! :)

I really felt sorry for Padme & Palpatine. I never would've thought the sequel would start so sad for them. :(

Can't wait to read the rest...
Agny chapter 2 . 7/7/2005
Do you know, why I like your stories (especially non-humorous) so much? Unlike the majority of SW fics they are very thoughtful. You manage to invent characters and situations that are realistic and easy to believe (within SW mythology, of course). Reading your works is similar to reading some detective/romance, they are not worse than ones written by professional authors. And for me they are much better, because my favorite character is in their focus.

You are doing great work. Please don't stop. If someone does not appreciate what you are writing, this his problem, not yours. You have your readers and I am sure that in time our numbers will increase.
catherinerofa chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
I really cannot think of anything to add! I enjoy your story as I enjoy your posts!
Cmdr. Gabe E chapter 2 . 7/5/2005
KITTENMOMMY! OMG, thank you so much for the update :D! You know what? My heart really felt really heavy while I was reading the latest chapter :(. Like i could feel what Padme and Palpatine are feeling. I bet they still haven't recovered from their losses - especially Padme. I see she really, REALLY wants to see Anakin again no matter what. Poor girl. If she has to jump off a cliff to see him again, she probably would :(. At least Palpy and Obi are still around. They will at least comfort her. And Palpy better take care of her as he had promised or else...
Agny chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
To say that this is very sad is to say nothing...

I confess, Anakin's death left me indifferent (i am heartles ;), but Sabe's demise... This statement in the very beginning of the story was a shock for me. After listening to the song that had inspired you I knew that two of the heroes were to die. I was almost sure that they would be Padme and Anakin or their children or Obi-wan and one of his apprentices or another combination of this characters. Who could possibly imagine that you would KILL SABE PALPATINE?

I loved the way you pictured Sabe in your previous stories. She was strong, determined, witty... I think the best dialogue lines were hers. And Palpatine-Sabe relations... so tender... so loving... Now you understand what emotions were aroused in my soul by the very first sentence of "For absenr friends". At the words “No, Palpatine. Dying is peaceful. It’s like coming home after a long, hard day… and what could be frightening about that?” I was almost crying, honestly. It reminded me of something... Lev Tolstoy, "War and Peace", the episode of slow and painless death of Andrey Bolkonsky - his "awakening from life".

Thank you for your work.
warinbabylon chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Excellent beginning to the sequel! Am looking forward to more. Poor Padme!
Cmdr. Gabe E chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
KITTENMOMMY! OMG, NO! Sabe is dead? :(...and at such a young age of 51 too ;(! poor sabe. poor palpatine. i wonder if her children already heard news of her death. they'd be devastated. as for anakin, i see he too has passed :(! so many deaths in such a short time :(! the fanfic really has a sad feel to it. but at least palpatine and padme are still alive. i bet they would need each other's company after losing the people they love :(! anyway, i'll go reread the naboo chronicles and marvel at the lives of sabe and anakin :)!