Reviews for Immortality
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Well...that was a rather dramatic way for Richie to find out about Immortals. I'll admit, I kind of love how he's freaking out and Tessa's just like, "Okay, let's grab the body and get out of here". Lol. Nice, not to mention necessary, filler moment!
Stroma chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Very good story
2B chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
very cute ending! :)
Keerawa chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
I enjoyed this story!

Richie's not wanting to order expensive food and being afraid to wear out his welcome with Duncan and Tessa seems very true to his character.

The car accident scene seems a little unrealistic, but it's certainly the most common form of accidental death in modern cities.

I liked Duncan trying to find "comfort food" for Richie, and not wanting to cut his hand open twice in a row because it hurts.

Very minor conventions, just because I noticed: replace "peaked out" with "peeked out"

replace "stalk still" with "stock still"
Martina chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Liked it. Well written. Richie's reaction seemed very realistic, though i'm thinking there could have been a better way of showing that he asked a lot of questions at once. Actually summing them all up... i don't know... didn't really work for me. The rest did, though. I like the end, Duncan cutting his hand again for him to see. Seems like something he'd actually do. Very cute.

As for the accident, well that didn't ring entirely plausible to me. A small sports car ploughing into a van at enough speed to tip it upside down, and yet not too damaged to drive away itself. Hmm... The whole idea is good. Duncan in one vehicle and Rich and Tess in another, seeing it happen. Good. But i think at least the vehicle doing the hit-and-run should be bigger. Possibly bigger than Duncan's van. A truck, perhaps? Not toppling it but just smashing it?

Anyway, good story.

~ Martina
Sharpsnout chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Hey I just stumbled onto this, this was really good, and it's a good why to explain how Richie learned about the immortals and stuff...

I really liked this

You write some really fantastic stories and I applaude you on you're great work!

Keep up the great work

Ivy3 chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
Very short but very sweet.
katie chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Hehe..I found a couple of lines amusing in that:

"free of the aftereffects of death"

and "No. It hurts"

Maybe its just me... :)

Nice explanation of things, thought you portrayed Richie trying to fit into their lil 'family'well
Richiefic chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
This worked out well, I especialy like the bit where Mac was whining about cutting himself cos it hurt.

Although, I was a bit surprised that there wasn't a sub text, I mean Mac tells him he's mortal like Tess. Did Mac ever tell him flat out he was mortal in the show? Cos that seems like a lie and not real honourable when he knows Rich can call him on it in the future. Ditto "Under no circumstances what so ever are you ever to try to fight an immortal.” Ever? Richie is gonna have trouble keeping that promise! I just think it would have been in the back of Mac's head that he was explaining all this to his future student, is all.
Cha's Aegis chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
I've had you listed as a favorite author for awhile, but this is the first time I've been compelled to submit a review. What could I say that hasn't been said before? Now that's changed because I had to let you know that you never cease to amaze me as an author.

First, it's obvious what tv show is your favorite ;) because you've done a great job capturing the essence of Highlander. Not to mention the fact that 99 percent of all your stories have to do with Highlander. What's truly amazing to me is that you don't seem to run out of ideas.

I also like the fact that you don't give a rat's patootie about canon because you've been keeping Tessa & Ritchie alive because you wanna. If they had people like you writing for Highlander it would've never gone off the air and Tessa & Rich would've survived.

A couple of spelling mistakes rear their ugly little heads in your stories, but not that many. No matter how hard you try those little buggers sneak their way in. I know from personal experience.

Thank you for writing such wonderful stories.
Laurakkc chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
That was good! Poor Tessa-having to pull a dead Duncan out of a car wreck. (what happened to the little car, by the way? nobody called 911?) Richie's reaction was very good. I can see him all wide-eyed and holding his breath trying to figure out if she's nuts or not calmly tending to Duncan.

I liked the quick run of questions Richie had-same ones I'd have probably. lol

At least Duncan didn't stab himself in the gut like Connor does-I imagine that'd hurt a lot worse than a cut on the back of the hand-

Nice vignette.

Tyger Magick chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
LOL very cute
Shannon K chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
Cool story. I have to say that you have definately grown as a writer. While I definately like your earlier stories, this one is stronger (sentence/paragraph structure, visulaization of the scene).

Neoinean chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
I can totally see this happening in an episode. Very well done!