Reviews for Sacrifice
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2015
Sad but good, Eric is the one who is always to suffer in silence for love
HDKingsbury chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Hello. I came upon your story in a Dark Phic C2 community. I enjoy reading these horror/supernatural one-shots, and yours was a fun little jaunt into that realm. Thank you for posting!

HDKingsbury
Maidenhair chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Oh my gosh! That was so sad and beautiful! You write really well! I love this sort of story, I can't believe you only have three reviews! Write more of this!

Smiles!

-Draver

PS

I'm adding this to my favs!
M Leblanc chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Very good! Very good, but kind of weird- but weird in a good way. ;) I loved how you portrayed Erik as a very tragic figure and explored his emotions in depth. A question- who was the little girl who talked to Erik? Was it his conscience or something? Anyway, great job. There's definitely room for a sequel. :)
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
You certainly have a penchant for writing obscure horror phics, don't you? It definitely brings a bit of originality to the bunch, but uh.. I have to say that this one still has me stumped. And it's the most obvious one, as well! Perhaps I'd better just take it at face value.

So. Yes. Very Christmas Carol-y, IMO. There was a Christmas writing contest on PFN back in December (when neither of us were members yet or had heard of PFN) and if you had submitted this there, I think it would have had a very interesting effect to say the least. ;)

Anyway. So. I do like the theme of choice in this phic. Delano presents this *choice* to Erik, but it is this little girl who makes the final decision, no? Although I suppose Erik still has a choice even after the vision, but ended up deciding killing Raoul was futile - thus, the title of the phic. So how is it that this little girl can speak to Erik if it's only a vision? Does that mean it was real to an extent, and Christine had, uh, turned blind and deaf which was why she didn't respond to the fact that there these two soul thingies hovering in the air above her? LOL. :)
phantomy-cookies chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Three submissions? Yeesh. That's quite a lot of morbidity for one person. I practically had to twist every last DROP of morbidity out of me just to submit ONE story. (And I don't think 'Squids' counts because it's just so damn silly.)

But anyways...

Interesting (and familiar) concept. Had a twisted and excellent beginning. Very dark... very creepy. The story, of course, is much more tragic and heartbreaking than anything else. What could possibly be more devestating than the sacrifice that goes unnoticed or unremembered? It's a clever way to demonstrate Erik's real and selfless love for Christine, and it makes him all the more a tragic character. By turning away that darker side of his conscience and remaining in his own miserable agony, he lives up to that ideal of redemption Leroux intended for him.

If he had chosen to kill Raoul and live with the ensuing consequences, I think it would have made the ending much more sinister, myself. Meehee. But maybe I just like the idea of Raoul deaths a bit too much.

*Huggles Sacrifice!Erik*

Great! Lovely! Hope to see more morbidity out of you the next time Siren decides to throw another party! *mwah*