Reviews for Farewell to the Child
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I like that! Nice stuff.
dani2015 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Oh my gosh. I absolutely love love love this story! Aurora is definately my favorite princess and I love how you showed the dynamic between her now and before. Your writing style is great and I hope you write more!
Hasegawa chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I second your opinion, but sometime I believe that such a fairytale just ruin a dream of a girl. the expectation killed the happiness.

By the way, that was the first time I considered that Aurora might have that kind of thinking- I bet there is no such thing as happily every after.

very amusing job.
ACompanyofSwans chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
This is a really well written fic-I always loved how Aurora seemed so happy in the woods, and actually wanted to stay there instead of going to the palace with all the riches and finery. I also wondered how she would adjust to palace life, and you've managed to create a very clausterphobic tone that captures it perfectly. I do like that it ends on a positive note, though xOx
teacupz chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
wow, that was really good. amazing description you have. I liked the choice of words. also a good idea to make Aurora comparing her life now to the one before. it was describe and nice. I haven't watched the movie but your description said how much she wanted her old life back even though she couldn't. really great fic! :)

well, some unimportant opinion from me. please correct me if I'm wrong. :D

this line: The maid had intended to do that but on her first morning in the palace of the father she had never knew she had Aurora explained that that was something she would do by herself.

I think it might be better if you put comma in it: The maid had intended to do that but on her first morning in the palace of the father she had never knew, she had Aurora explained that that was something she would do by herself.

and this line: When she walked down the hallways to the dinning room servants bowed to her.

I think it also might be better if you put comma: When she walked down the hallways to the dinning room, servants bowed to her.

I guess some places could be given effects like centered if you put a single sentence in a different line.

example: Her parents. It still gave her a jolt.

well, I guess the sentence 'her parents' could be placed in a new line. also the sentence contained Phillip that was written in italic; I think it might give more effects if you put it in a different line. sorry if I am wrong!

but, apart from those things, the fic was already great. I liked when you mentioned this part:

But Briar Rose wasn't dead. Aurora saw her every morning in her mirror, mocking her. Reminding her everything she had given up, the family and the happiness, because she had been foolish enough to believe there was something more out there.

really cool sentences! I loved that you mentioned Briar Rose as a reflection of Aurora. it told something like: they were the same from outside, but had changed on the inside.

also nice romance at the end. great fic. keep on writing!
dark kitten chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
An absolute pleasure to read- great sentence structure and excellent choices in phrasing. I love the way you have Aurora reminiscing and realizing that she must make the transition from childhood to being an adult with her child's life of Briar Rose and her adult's life as Princess Aurora with her prince who loved her from the beginning, even when he thought she was a peasant. Brava!
Karalora chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
This is gorgeous! You've done a great job bringing depth to a very sparsely written character.
CrissCrossedHaiku chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
My love for you has been solidified. We should totally make FIC BABIES of Sleeping Beauty variety! NO REALLY. CAUSE ITS MY FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE EVAR.
CrazyGirlofManyNames chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Beautiful, my favorite princess next to Belle and Jasmine.
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
This was beautiful. I'm at a loss for words to describe how perfect, touching this was. It was... You wrote Aurora very well, showing her caught between two worlds. And finding what bridged that gap, realizing where she belonged.

The only thing that didn't seem to quite fit was the queen's reaction to hearing Philip was back. Considering how the movie ended, I wouldn't think she would be surprised by Philip's visiting. But that is just how I interpreted that part. It didn't take away from the story.

Your descriptions were very lovely. There were so many parts that stood out:

That was the problem. She already had a family, she already had a life. She had three mothers and though they hadn’t given birth to her… they had named her.

Briar Rose.

What had Briar Rose been? A shell that had been used to hid the true Aurora underneath? Or was Aurora simply the mask used to hide the country coarse Briar Rose?

Her mothers had disappeared among the ornate halls of her palace. Sometimes she would doubt they had ever been real, but then she would see the flash of Flora’s red and the soft words of Fawna and Merryweather’s tut-tutting. Then she remembered it was all real and it made the pain in her stomach that much worse.

She walked to the garden and it was almost as each stepped became lighter. Phillip… Phillip… Phillip… her whole body sang. It was in her hair and on her skin and in her blood. His name. Phillip. She took it apart and dissected and bisected it until it was just fractions of fractions of syllables.

It was Phillip who was part of both worlds. Briar Rose had fallen in love with Phillip’s laughing eyes and gentle smile and that love burned harder in Aurora’s chest than it had before. It was the bridge between the two worlds, the palace and the forest. It kept Briar Rose connected to Aurora.

Job well, well done!
nikkibelle18 chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Wow, that was fantastic! I felt butterflies in my stomach while reading, and my heart went out to Aurora. I think you captured her character beautifully! Well done! Five stars!
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
nice

she's my favor as well

i think because she's so overlooked
Martha chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
You word this ficlet so well! It's impressive the way you write. You do a great job differentiating between Briar Rose and Aurora. You also do well describing Aurora's feelings.
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
That was sweet
phantomgirl110 chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Firstly, I was so excited to find this; Aurora seems so neglected compared to the other princesses. I'm always glad to see her get some attention.

Secondly, this is a wonderful fic! It was beautifully written, sad, romantic, realistic without changing Disney's plot...I love it. Definitely faving it. _