Reviews for Letters from a Stranger in California
Hasegawa chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
That was wonderful. I cried, really.

Woah.

The most georgeus aspect was the month 9.

I hate you.

I stopped breathing when I saw that.
caliginous chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
That was a beautifully sad story. Loved it
starvingstudent chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
I like it, seems very Ellis-like.
TVHollywoodDiva chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
great story
Lexi chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
omg i love it! please write more! update possibly?
TheMovieGrrl chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Apart from everyone's "this is great" speech, I'll go the extra mile, and explain why this is a beautifully written fanfic :)

I liked the space, the separation of time between the moment in the letters and Meredith's own thoughts.

Also, you're style in writing is simple but it really gives just enough of illustration and detail to take the reader along...which turns the pace of the story into this kind of nostalgic atmosphere. lol. the whole time I pictured Meredith sitting her house during a grey day, just in the middle of a drizzling storm, and just kind of taking back the weight of the letters.

I'd love to see a follow up...to see how this could effect her relationship with Izzie & George.

One last note, I really feel you gave Ellis Grey a voice that is missing from the subtext of the series. It would be awesome if a similiar type of episode were to be a part of the series :)

All in all */* stars from me :)
SonnyAngel chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
this was very good! I liked how you dwelved into the relationship of Ellis and Meredith. I think you're right about her, Ellis wasn't much of a mother to Meredith. I think that's why Meredith went into surgey...to try and gain her mother's respect since she so craved it while growing up.

I'm sorry this is only a one-shot but maybe you can do a follow-up sometime.
grindylow07 chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
I really like this story, and the background on Ellis Grey is great. Really sad, though... There were a few typos, but nothing too big.
Amy chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Nice work! A unique topic to write on, but still, very cool. It was sad and angsty. I liked it! Plus, the little Derek/Meredith at the end was a lovely touch! Write some more stories! You're really good at it!
newsgal-07 chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Whoa...weird. But that's a really good story.