Reviews for Fallen From Grace
tuxjim chapter 24 . 9/3/2014
No need to apologize, Angel...I don't remember every nuance of the original (read it on ShoujouAi Archive a couple of years back), but your editing has done you proud, and justifiably so. This is every bit as good as what I remember from the original.

Yes, it IS a pity when, for one reason or another, a story has to be deleted from the lists, mostly because I think this is one of the places where readers and authors gather. A missing story is one less opportunity to see part of another person's mind and soul, and see how well our OWN fits into the 'cosmology'. This one has always been one of my favorite "long" stories (I usually try to limit my 'consumption' of long stories to ones of 35 chapters or so at 6 a year)...long ones take too much time away from reading the shorter ones...but I WILL follow a long one in chapter installments.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the "original" of this take 26 chapters? Since the Archive shut down, there's no way to know or recover those stories...more's the pity. Anyway, since I've proven to be a perennial fan of this one, I've taken the 'liberty' of elevating both it and you to "favorite" status...something I couldn't do in the Archive.

Well, gotta go for now...lots of '"shorties" to read, as well as chapter updates to check out. Take care and be well. Ja ne for now. BTW, I like to re-read the good ones...and this is about my 5th time for this one.

Just a Crazy-Man chapter 24 . 3/20/2014
love it
ADevlinGraceFan chapter 24 . 10/4/2013
ive never imagined this pair..

then one day i become crazy and mixed them up..

then i found this treasure..

wonderful writing..keep it up!
Guest chapter 24 . 4/8/2013
This was a great story, one of the best I've seen. I definitely enjoyed the story, and it was a fun experience. Thanks.
tuxjim chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
NICE attack creation...and I wanted you to know that I checked and your 'poetic license' covers the creation of 'extra' powers in the situation of fanfics (but not videos) as long as such creation(s) are limited to three per completed story.
Actually, I first read this story on the Shouji-ai Archive site, and am glad that I could just 'post' a review here like this instead of the additional hoop or two that they make you jump thru for that. I've read and re-read this one before (twice there, and this is my first read on ) and I have it 'favorite'-d there and will also do it here.
This story IS a bit lengthy, but I feel you couldn't adequately cover the subject, including the losing and re-finding, as well as you did. If it was printed in a book, I'd buy it, even at today's prices.
And now, back to the re-re-read for me.
Chiba Hiro chapter 24 . 8/6/2012
Gotta hand it to you, this story was a real tearjerker, but you pulled through. This is my second time reading this and it never fails to entertain me!
raavenshadow452 chapter 24 . 5/19/2010
I have to say this probbly is my favrite fanfic and I have read just about every fanfic involving one scout with another scout. And I have to this has everything a good story should have. I hope you will continue writting more beacuse you honstly have to much talent to just stop. I egerly look forwared to your next story.
6darkwillow chapter 24 . 11/22/2009
i really loved this story it was so good!
Saiyagurl87 chapter 24 . 11/11/2009
wow _ absolutely amazing. wish more ppl would write about this couple!
JustJun chapter 24 . 11/7/2009
this is by far one of the best stories in the yuri-sailor moon universe!

I'll be honest I hadn't thought of a pairing, but you have done it so well the couple has become one of my faves. Regardless if a sailor moon fan hasnt heard of the couple the story and writing is too lovely too ignore, this is a must read!

I myself have read it several times. I find myself falling in love with each of the characters every time. Not only that but your story flows nicely and i can imagine that if sailor moon continued into the future this would be it.

What i did appreciated that you included enough of your own characters for the story to be realistic, yet not too many (which is what a lot of authors do) that you got consumed with them and their descriptions. The main focus was hotaru and rei's growing affection, and you've captured it perfectly.

I tip my hat off to you, and hope to see more works like this from you in the future.

(also i liked the fact that you paired evryone else off, and that mina ended up with Setsuna etc. Also you describe rei and mina's friendship wonderfully.)
draconichybrid chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Agreed on the Saturn-getting-a-new-attack thing. I mean, really... why can't Hotaru's new attack/ability sequence follow Ami's?

And aren't Ami's contributions pretty much limited to tactical analysis/planning, exposition, and assistance (i.e. Ami freezes youma/cardian/etc so _someone else_ can actually kill it) until she gets her Super form (which she gets in SuperS)?

... Anyways, I love this story because (SPOILERS):

a) Rei and Hotaru share the spotlight, and they are my two favorite Senshi.

Supernova temperaments are interesting (to say the least), and pairing them with extremely short fuses is even better.

And someone who can literally _destroy the planet_ by dropping her weapon _and_ is a genius? Power and intelligence makes for a first rate character.

b) You do my absolute favorite thing to most of the characters - you give them their happy ending, but not before making them _earn_ that happiness by dragging them through the Nine Circles of Hell and back again before they get it.

I _hate_ it when protagonists are simply handed everything they need (and more) exactly when they need it, antagonists are idiotic to the point where we the readers/viewers start to wonder how they can even find the right city/building, let alone a specific target, or (worse) both.

c) You have the characters worry about realistic things, have realistic strengths and weaknesses, and react realistically to the evolving plot.

d) Sure, there is only the one youma attack, but... Hey, at least he's a decent foil to the Senshi and not his own worst enemy like they usually are. *shrug*

LionBoy gets credit for obviously taking the time to do his homework before taking the Senshi on. It's not _Leo's_ fault the Death Senshi pulled a kick-ass new attack out of her Glaive, now is it?

And that's just the _first_ chapter!
choyu chapter 24 . 4/9/2009
Nice job! i love how the characters interact :D But i wish the ending is a little bit longer though. your story is great.
Anon chapter 15 . 3/23/2009
Unforgivable that you mentioned fanfiction, Linkin-fucking-Park and InuYasha in this. Let alone pairings, I feel kinda betrayed, considering it looked like it would be a good story. Seriously, die in a hole for mentioning Hotaru dancing to Linkin Park. I hate to break it to you, but if she's as cultured as you're trying to make her, she wouldn't be listening to shit like that. And although Mars did read manga in the anime and manga, don't don't suddenly have her geeking out in the middle of nowhere. We're not reading this to go, "OH SHE'S LIKE ME
bad girl chapter 24 . 8/23/2007
WOHO that was great! i loved it! great long chapters! *claps* good job! .
HistoryDreams chapter 24 . 8/5/2007
That...was great! Sara and Hikari got their happy ending and that stupid bear WAS NOT like Hotaru..(like I knew it wouldn't be!). Glad that Utena got her happy ending as well. Oh and can't forget the main stars of this story Hotaru and Rei. I'm glad that they did indeed truly get their happy ending and that the necklace was not lost. Just so you know I'm actually surprised there was only one youman attack and that Usagi was only actually present in ONE chapter. (I love Usagi...most of the time but I'm glad she wasn't really present in this story cause it was great the way it was.) With just Rei and Hotaru. Anyway...great story. Thanks for writing it. I at first thought that it was unfinished cause it doesn't come up in the complete section. But I'm glad that it was completed, it really was a wonderful story.