Reviews for 16: Misunderstanding
zeilfanaat chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Poor Jeff doesn't understand his son.

Poor John isn't understood by his father.

Glad the grandparents understood.

Great story! Thanks for sharing!
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Gosh, I love this piece soo much! It's such a great look at the complicated relationship between John and Jeff. Excellent!
Agent Five chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
It's awesome how much depth you can stare into when you read one of your 2-D stories. I love the people portrayed here. And I love the style. Amazing.
barb from utah chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
I love this story from Jeff's point of view. His feelings on how his boys were raised especially the 2 youngest and the problems relating to John in his teenage years. It made a lot of the distance between the two much clearer. Thanks for the great story.
darkhelmetj chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
You know, you absolutely had me by the heart strings by the end of this. Given Jeff's personality and John's introversion, this entire story makes a lot of sense. It also answers a few questions that I've had, such as what happened between Jeff and John to cause the level of seperation that there is between them.

It's so sad that Jeff could never quite comprehend just how smart John was for his age. If he had, the little kid would have been off to Harvard early rather than trying to survive in a normal and humiliating school environment. But that's Jeff, wanting things to work at the top efficiency that *he* knows best. His analysis of all of his boys shows that plainly - he feels for others, all right, but a part of him just doesn't understand. And I really felt for John at the end of this chapter; his reaction isn't really out of line considering what Jeff (accidentally and unfortunately) has done.

Can I hope for another chapter to this story? ;) I really do enjoy the back stories as much as I do the main feature, especially when they're about John.
Opal Girl chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Oh my, will Jeff and his son ever come to an understanding? Poor Jeff manages to muck everything up no matter what he does. Its a wonder that his sons have stayed with him for so long. There must be something there. Maybe that's a future side-story.