Reviews for The Spellfire Saga, Volume Zero: Roots
ScrollPirate chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
I love all three of these shows so I can't wait to read this story!
Shaed Knightwing chapter 4 . 12/29/2009
Hey! I've been on that ygo site! I've only seen the first season on dvd but I read the ENTIRE series on that site! I wonder how they could be bothered to do that?
Shaed Knightwing chapter 3 . 12/28/2009
You're right, yugioh deosn't get enough credit, I freaking love the show! As a matter of fact, my friends and I would play the card game in the library at school at lunchtimes. But not even my sister-who is in yr 4-has anyone to talk about it with! What is with kids these days!
Shaed Knightwing chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
-raises hand- I think this idea is really clever, if you hadn't mentioned that you were gonna do this in the summary I would've skipped it. As it turns out the only anime I know of in this is yugioh.
Harry2 chapter 4 . 7/27/2009
Thank you for all the info on my ALL TIME FAVORITE series! One thing though that you might want to let your fans know: Swiftgolds site is now out of bussiness. So, anyone looking for materail there is going to be out of luck
Harry2 chapter 3 . 7/27/2009
*VBG* THANK YOU! You cleared up so much of what I had read and seen over the years in both the Magna and the Anime. My hat is off to you, and I look forward to reading more of your material. Now, for the final part: RONINS TO ARMS! SEASONALS TO ARMS!
Harry2 chapter 2 . 7/27/2009
I've seen some of the Yu Yu Hakashu material on TV, and have been reading some of the Magna in SJ magazine. Pretty interesting indeed. Now, lets get on to the NEXT part of this crossover, be it YST/RW or Yugioh!
Harry2 chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
I wish MORE authors would do something like this! It helps out tremendously in dealing with major stories such as Spellfire. Now, on to the rest of this tale. And, as they say in the states, ITS TIME TO DUEL!
Angel girl89 chapter 4 . 4/11/2008
I LIVE! Ok moving on, DD the Awesome, and long, in-depth essay on the series, the characters and the episodes for the Ronin Warriors has vanished. T.T If you by any chance have a copy or know where it might be floting around on the web please tell me. I would very much like to read it. And on a final note I LOVE YOUR STORIES! KEEP IT UP. .
MyAibou chapter 3 . 3/12/2007
Okay, you know I'm a dub apologist (at least up until the Ceremonial Battle where even I think they butchered it... but that's beside the point), but I feel I have to defend poor Dub!Kaiba, who has become, if not a favorite of mine, then just short of a favorite. Yes, he's an arrogant bastard, but I think they do a good job of showing as the series progresses that a lot of it is a wall he's built around himself to protect both himself and Mokuba. Same with the denials about magic. He's an excellent Scully to Yami's Mulder, in a sense. ;) Dig deeper, however, and you find that there's so much more to him than arrogant bastard or even Yugi's rival. He's a hard character to get inside - I suspect he's closed off even largely to himself - but even in the dub version, there's some depth there. If you look past all the really bad dialogue, anyway.

Great summary, though. You caputre the series up to Battle City very well.
DD chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
Ah . . . no, no - Duelist Kingdom took place two months /ago/, not over the /course/ of two months. _

You're right about the Tauk/Torque/Torc, though. XD
Sangfroid chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Thank you so much for providing this summary. I read the summary of Spellfire Saga, volume 1, and was incredibly excited to find a YYH crossover fic that seemed well-written. Then, of course, I finish reading the summary, and noticed just WHAT the crossover was of. I, regretfully, am not familiar with RW (though after reading this I wish I was), and was ready to leave the fic as it was.

As a crossover fan- and one who almost ONLY reads crossovers- I am incredibly desperate for goodfic, so I figured I'd give it a try. I read the first chapter, and then went back to your main page to find this- a beautifully written summary.

There are so few good YYH crossovers out there, and equally few YGO ones. I'm glad that I'm not going to miss out on another just because I don't know one of the shows involved. I wish more authors would take the time to what you have done here.
PharaonicWolf chapter 3 . 5/28/2006
Hello, long time no see! I'm bored, randomly wandering this website, and I come across your summary of the three stories from the Spellfire Saga. So I decide to read it, figuring that I'm going to read the Spellfire Saga eventually anyway. And... I gotta say, nice job you've done of organizing the huge load of stuff there is to know about each series. (Or at least YYH and YGO - I haven't read the RW part yet -sweatdrop-).

I only have one small bone to pick with the YGO chapter. I've noticed that you've blamed a lot of the dub mistakes on FUNimation. The company that dubbed YGO was 4Kids - the demonic institution that also mangled Card Captor Sakura and One Piece. FUNimation was actually the company that convinced 4Kids to start selling uncut Yu-Gi-Oh (of course, 4Kids made them stop production after three DVDS, muttergrumble). And FUNimation was responsible for the amazing dub of Fullmetal Alchemist, so they're not that bad, really. 4Kids is the evil force behind dubbed YGO. _

I'll come back and read the Spellfire saga soon, since I've got the time now.

Helix chapter 4 . 3/19/2006
Spellfire saga is a fascinating and in character story, but as the action picks up Im becoming ever more baffeled by the Ronin warriors portion.

The story is good enough in it's self that I am willing to do my best to compensate for my ignorance in YYH and RW.

However, while the YYH portion of this introduction is substantially helpful. I find that this intro to ronin warriors bewildering in it's complexity.

Cheifly, this intro to ronin warrior has a somewhat rambling nature that loses me by the middle of he character introduction. Call me dense but this is the third time Ive tried to weed through this.

Although I understand the Premise, the origin of armors and the Arago, I have yet to gain a grasp on exactaly what the story is about.

This becomes a problem when Im actually reading spellfire saga, as I have difficulty keeping track of who's who, and where they are, who's good, and who's evil.

Regrettably, Wikipedia is far from comprehensive on any of this information and is lacking in even the most basic of character introductions.

I like your stories alot, between the shadows and spellfire saga, but I feel like Im missing out on much of the story because of my lack of familiarity with YYH and RW (RW more than YYH)

... I'll try reading it again...

Heterochromatin chapter 3 . 3/1/2006
That was the best and by far the meatest run down of YGO ive ever seen.

Also, to post links simply intersperse them with spaces.

the software will not recognize as alink, but the reader will.