Reviews for Reflection: Restless Night
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
this is so frikking fantastic i don't even know where to begin. everything, every nuance of vocabulary, every little sentence ("he was always in darkness," "he didn't even know his way around town without yugi's help.") is just perfect, portraying completely and flawlessly where yami's head is at the moment. as far as character development goes, i agree with absolutely everything that was said, and was thrilled that your portrayed their relationship in incrementing steps. it seems to me that as their personalities untangled themselves, they as people grew closer as friends. like, as they separated, they grew closer together. it's wonderful!

there were a total of two discrepencies to my way of thinking (aside from the fact that i like the manga version of how the puzzle was shattered better than even the japanese anime):

1) during bakura's monster world shadow game, i think the reason yami didn't come out was because of whatever bakura was doing to keep ryo out of the picture. it was sort of a blanket spell that kept the currently dormant personality down. yami couldn't get control of the body until yugi was gone from it, get it?

2) what ishizu said exactly was, "my Item is no enemy of yours." yami frowns at her, the subtle wordplay not missed on him. it's something i like about ishizu (glad you used the english name there btw) - she tells the truth, but only just enough of it to get what she needs.

you really should do something like this with doma season (aka waking the dragons, orichalcos season). please, i know it's not manga, but it's my favorite season, and i would love you forever if you did something with it. because you know where yami promised he would never go against yugi's wishes? they never say it in english or japanese, but he broke that promise. and the season as a whole gives such new insight to yami as a person than any other, even the millennium world arc. in all the other seasons, you think of him as this sort of god-like being - as soon as he comes out, you know everything will turn out alright, because he doesn't lose at anything. doma season shows that he's fallable, human, and brings to light exactly how important yugi is to their relationship, something few people recognize. so this isn't a request, this is a beg. doma season (the japanese version anyway; 4Kids can go jump off a building) is an emotional masterpiece, and i would love - LOVE - to see how you render it into words.

hopefully!

Ryuu-chan
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
What a wonderful summarization of everything Yami and Yugi went through from beginning to present. I loved all the emotions Yami went through and how you described them all. Great job!
Azure Teriques chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
It's a very well written story! I love it
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
Wow...this wasn't that hard to read, but I still don't know what to put here. It's like you were reading Atem's mind and you put what he was thinking that night on the net. No matter how many times I read one shots like this, I still can't get over the fact that Atem has to leave Yugi. I remember, about this time last year, near the end of the Doom saga. I thought Atem (didn't know his name then)would be with Yugi for the rest of Yugi's life. Now the realization that Atem has to leave forever hits me, and hits me hard. This reminds me of the emotions that he (Atem) was feeling and hasn't had the chance to feel in so long. Well, this is just me blabbering. Keep writing!
Free Angel -dead chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
WOW! This was the longest one shot i've ever read! And it's unlike anything i've ever read! You havea unique way of writing as well, i like the extreme increase in vocabulary. 2THUMBSUP! *adds to favs* GREAT JOB!
Ghostwave Alchemist chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
O_O whoa! that was the longest story i've ever read! it was good though _