Reviews for In The Shadows
Brukaoru chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
This was great! I like the idea of the two opposing forces coming together to fight together against a group that they both consider 'evil'.

I absolutely love the idea that thinking innocent thoughts will cause a warrior to not feel any sense of danger. I think this is quite true to real life in a way, because even if your face does not show it, when you project positive/negative thoughts to others, some people can tell.

Ha, I wonder how that talk between Okita and Saitou went, if Okita told him the truth and said Kenshin saved him?

Lovely work as always!
Amita4ever chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I was just writing to another Kenshin fan that among my favorite animes, Rurouni Kenshin and Hakuouki share top billing , in part because they seem so closely related that I kept expecting Battousai to show up in Hakuouki.

What can I say, you made my dream come true, and in such a fashion that none of the beloved characters from either show broke character or killed each other. Kudos and cookies :). And not only that, it was well written, and you weave a mean fight scene. Wish I could take lessons there *GRIN*.

Just had to say thank you :).
CakuRamen chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I love this fic because it gives both people a certain humanity, like despite their different sides, they don't hesitate to help each other. I like it when those unlikely collaboration-friendships form. And your writing style is great too, always a pleasure to read!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
That. Was. Beautiful. I'm wasn't really sure something like that would've happened, but when I saw two characters that I love fighting together and getting along (kinda ) I realized it didn't matter. Seriously, I loved that. I liked your portrayals of them; their reasoning and reactions and stuff, and the weird humor and irony (and mental-image-epic-ness) that was there for the whole encounter. I mean "GASP! An Ishin Shishi and Shinsengumi NOT actively trying to kill each other?"
jau0062 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
That was so good! I love Okita he is so cute I love Okita/Kenshin fics!
sirensbane chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Okita is amazing, and we don't usually hear a lot about him. Thanks for writing this; I enjoyed it very much. And let me say it again: Okita is amazing.
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
You've got style when writing. There's no overly complex language, no metaphors flooding the text. All of the emotions come across so clearly in this story; of Kenshin's gradual change, Okita's courage, and Saito's steely belief, even when he is only briefly mentioned. Wonderful fic!
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Very interesting. Kenshin would definitely be the one to do something like this.

I always like well thought out stories with Okita :)
tcl7189 chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Cool plot. I can totally see Ken doing this, especially after Tomoe's death...
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
amazing. and i'm sure, very IN character. the choice: men with no honor / an honorable warrior.

ginny
Jill chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
a very original story my only complaint is that it ended :P
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
Oh, I loved that. I'd kind of like to see Saitoh's face when Okita tells him what happened :P
Switchblade237 chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Interesting situation,and interesting outcome - I loved your ending to it. Your characterization throughout was very good as well - definitely a fave -
J.J.M. Fisher chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
You are a very talented writer. I truly enjoyed this story, especially the conversation between Okita and Kenshin near the end. It was very well done.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Oh, I liked this. And, hm, well, I think I noticed two grammar errors in this one, but the only one I can find now is in the note at the beginning, when you said 'before Kenshin lay down his sword' when it should of course have been 'laid,' since it's the verb 'to lay' not 'to lie,' and it takes a d in the past tense. I probably didn't need to say all that, but oh well. You did ask. You were very convincing about the stews. Generally convincing, actually. Heh. There was one unclear point, though - Okita hadn't recognized Himura until the yakuza said his piece, or had he?
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »