Reviews for New Beginnings
Scott chapter 12 . 10/10/2007
TK,

A very nice story. You really take some time to think through the consequences of thought trains and actions. That is really refreshing.

A few places in your story are a bit thin, e.g. the dead, disappearing persons justification for the Major and Batou's identities. Frankly, the whole Mengele (spelling?) thing is very believable, but cyberization process would be so classified, that it wouldn't be as prevalent in society as Ghost in the Shell portrays it.

Thank you for a lovely read.

Regards,

Scott
eightroses chapter 12 . 2/26/2006
O.O

Awesome.
RebLaw chapter 3 . 10/8/2005
I like the story so far :-) The line in chapter 2 about Motoko's breasts cracked me up.
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 12 . 9/20/2005
I dig the ending. It was the closure befitting for the ending for the 1st GITS film. Sorry I didn't review for ch. 11, I'm having Spyware removal issues. Can't wait for S-9's next adventure!
Veritas in Pitus Nectarinium chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
An excellent job getting inside Batou's head, an intriguing backstory for our heroes, and quite a twist in Chap. 10...
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 10 . 9/4/2005
*BKAM!* KO for the twist!
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 9 . 8/28/2005
Wo... I wonder what revelations our Batou-chan will find on R & R? Or who will he find?
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 7 . 8/14/2005
Batou kawaii sou! Maa, kudos on the cybernetizing past of his and Kusanagi's. Too bad we haven't met a GF of the Shousa's yet... let's hope...
Anibee2481 chapter 7 . 8/13/2005
Unfortunately, you are way off on the past of Motoko and Batou, but that's okay Everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Their whole stories are episodes in 2nd GIG, the second season of GITS. I've seen it in Japanese...their past is actually with the war and Major's accident is all explained. I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it though :D But I like how you came up with this idea. Pretty clever!
Anibee2481 chapter 6 . 8/6/2005
Trust me I know what you mean! I don't want to spoil 2nd GIG for myself either, so I've made up a past of Batou I'm posting later XD Nice chapter though.
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 6 . 8/6/2005
Batou is a closet romantic! Keep going with this fic.
Quan chapter 5 . 8/2/2005
first off, i'm enjoying this story quite a bit. it has a good bit of off-the-job, domestic scenes more reminiscient of the second movie than the first, but it works well. in truth, dealing with the character's relationships requires a better understanding to do so. in that i congratulate you on keeping true to the impressions i have of the characters. i like action, but i know everyone is section 9 can kick ass. while i enjoy being reminded of this now and then, i like this other side of th estory, one i thought the second movie did well (it's hard to keep a seqel original). i'm also enjoying your perspective through batou's eyes.

i don't mean to sound sappy, but when you read 100 fics from a series, all the author's ideas and interpretations meld together in extending and enhancing my ideas of what the characters are, and that kind of endears them to me more.

so please keep at it, i'm enjoying your tale, i like what's happening and am anxious to see what happens next.
Anibee2481 chapter 5 . 8/1/2005
Hate it? Nah! Now that Togusa is around it's getting quite fun It's funny how he went out with the guys...kinda makes them seem normal and having fun. Great job on keeping them in character...and hahaha for Major being carried out like a sack of rice! Continue with it if you would like :D
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 5 . 7/30/2005
Hate this story? You should consider updating twice a week! Still... since I'm the only one who has reviewed so far, don't take it too personally (my GiTS fic only got 1 review). The fans might be grinding their teeth for the 2nd Gig US release since SAC collection has been complete as of this month. Besides, Batou's my fave chara!
Saoirse the Irish Colleen chapter 2 . 7/13/2005
I hope chapter 3 is out soon! The comic interplay is golden, and is this based on the movies, series, or manga? B/c Togusa was hospitalized in the manga... poor bastard.