Reviews for You Don't Know Me
Sacred Sakura chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Wow...interesting...

A breathtaking perspective and narrative. :)

Excellent job, Azurite-sempai. すてき!
HallucinatingDreams chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Your writing consistently impresses me, and even in this three-page one shot, I am amazed at how well you depict the character's emotions.
Nutpyro chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
this is great
WallofIllusion chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Oh... interesting. Very interesting. Well done!
Starian Princess chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
At the end, Seto actually seemed to understand where this woman was coming from. I think it was a good way of interpreting the kind of person he actually is. Making Tea the secretary would have been interesting.
DarkShadowFlame chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Urg. I love your writing so much that I never ever want to offend you, but if I try to be too diplomatic, I'll end up sounding like the woman in here. :P

See, she started off nicely enough; it looked like she was going to make a comment about family. But it seemed like she really lost that thread. And then every time she was about to make a valid point, she hastily covered it up with apologies, and more praise of Kaiba. For me, it didn't connect. This might be a case of problems with the reader, rather than with the author, but it does seem like you lost the purpose...

This is just one point of view - mine - but I think this would have been better served in non-letter format. You did a lovely job tying in the letter with real life - it was within the letter itself that you sort of lost the thread. But I still think it would have been better as disconnected thoughts of an outsider; you wouldn't have to cover everything with a flimsy 'purpose' and you could excuse the jumping around.

Anyway, that said, it was very real, because real people do tend to jump around, and real people of a diplomatic mold do worry about offending people... and I loved the description at the end, where Kaiba does realize that its from a real person... And real people do tend to just sit down with a pen and paper and spill their thoughts, nevermind how disconnected...

Hoo boy, I spent more time trying to word this review than I did actually reading the story! I'm awful at finding that balance between attempted-constructive-criticism and... babbling. I'm off to read your next story!
Amazoness Archer chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
What a shocker, Awesome story!

always, †A.A.†
Angel2003320 chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
It was different in a good way. I never thought that anybody would idolize Kaiba but I guess I was wrong.
Bellebelle3 chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
Hm. This is interesting yet slightly confusing for me.
Travelling Stranger chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Actually, since utter devotion to work is a very Japanese viewpoint, I just don't see the problem. If anything, Seto should chew her out for poking her nose into his private life in any manner at all. It comes off as very conceited and "I know so much better than you".

It's well written, though, and I could see it being from the viewpoint of an American who married a Japanese person without knowing all the details and habits of those of that culture.

Not bad. But it could be better.
Morrigan chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Simply brilliant. I have never read a story like this, kind of a nice breather...