Reviews for The Darkness Within
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
i know that song its a good song i also like my immortal by Evanescence
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Sort of a poetic telling of some of Kaiba's inner thoughts. I liked how the story was told through his thoughts without a single word from him to her...sort of like a flashback as he looks over parts of his life.
jessi chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Very dramatic story! It is an interesting look at Seto Kaiba's character. I really enjoyed it!
Nintendo Queen chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
Wow...just wow.

This is beautifully written. But my heart is totally crying for Seto. It reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera. Lurking in the shadows, drowned in the pain of the past.

But very well done.
Almandine-Azaleea chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Exquisite! Such powerful imagery! I love the format of the story, the darkness dripping from each word, the introspective-nature, and Seto's reasoning for not approaching Anzu.

I absolutely adore the contrasting sentence lengths-they serve to emphasise each point as it is made. His view of Anzu is touching. I love how you stay so true to Seto's character.

The conclusion was so strong, with such a strong sense of finality-it was the perfect ending to the perfect story!
kawaiiS chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
I think I'm going to cry...

To tell the truth I really don't like Evanescence(not that I hate them or anything, I do like some of the songs), my sister is the one that likes them..anyway, you did a really good job on portraying the reasons why Seto pushes away Tea so much, if only the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh could have imagined this lovely pair together.
evilbunnymusicbox chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
sad. : (
DarkShadowFlame chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
I started to write something like "Dep" but I felt like such a nerd. But yeah, that's the first word that came to my mind: Deep. I liked how you bravely plunged into a dark and angsting Kaiba's mind.

Oh! I finally know what this reminds me of! See, I read it Friday night, but was distracted by comedy shows that my parents were watching, so couldn't comment appropriately. It's been nagging at me slightly; now I know what I've been thinking of. Have you ever heard the Broadway version of 'Beauty and the Beast'? The angsty songs the Beast sings ("If I can't love her... then let the world be done with me..." and along those lines ) remind me of this.

In just that angsty, "I suck and am dark", slightly depressing way of course.

Ciao!
Starian Princess chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Dark indeed, it sounded like Seto was dying. LOL. But nonetheless, I love the way you write; about Tea being the light and Seto being the dark. It was.. moving in a sense. Please write more.
darkangelwp chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
loved was absolutly fantastic.
dreamcloud516 chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
omg... that was... so... good...

I WISH I COULD WRITE LIKE THAT! TT_TT o well

i loved it. a MILLION props for you. _ lol

Genners
KonekoTsuki chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
That captured the very essence of Seto Kaiba. Bravo! I applaude you and your stupendous writing! I'm not a fan of Anzu or the Seto-Anzu pairing, but you make the pair plausable and lovable. Great job on this fic and all your others fics that I haven't had a chance to review.

-Koneko Tsuki
Angel2003320 chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
I doubt she'll become darkness. If they had gotten together, I think Tea would melt his heart of ice and not the other way around.