Reviews for Annihilation Of The Minds
ChocolateTeapot chapter 2 . 12/16/2015
I know this is an old story, but it is a very good one. The characters seem quite well portrayed and there is some great imaginary. The details you give the world are seem fitting and are very neat to read about.

There is a bit of a problem with it's/its confusion. The dialogue punctuation also seems a bit strange.

The bit about Lal wanting to give his faction a nickname too was neat, although it was then surprising for Deirdre to already use Peacekeepers.

My favourite passage is the very beginning. I really love the short bit from planet's perspective.
aethelswin chapter 2 . 8/26/2006
Nicely written, with good characterization. The sapphire dragon suggests you have some original ideas in store. Let's see them!
Cole chapter 2 . 2/15/2006
I think the Hive could be a great thing. I've made it great, without serfdom.
Reflectivity chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
Thank you very much for your critiques. They are very much appreciated.

To be fair, Yang is the villain here. But he does have a very good reason (cough cough Sapphire Dragon cough).
John Chao chapter 2 . 10/16/2005
This chapter is good, too, keep it up. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little unhappy about your choice of Yang as the (seeming) villain, but that's your decision to make. To be fair, though, Yang doesn't so much repress freedom as he demonizes it- as the writers at Firaxis wrote, everyone in the Hive can feel Yang's moods, as if they all are linked. Yang's ideology is more about submerging individuality than it is about oppression or slavery.
John Chao chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
I'm very impressed with this, you're obviously a talented writer with some experience and education. You seem to have a good grasp of the Alpha Centauri storyline, too. Props, keep up the good work!

I especially like the touch you had with Yang, he has always been my favorite character and the Hive has always been my favorite faction.
aethelswin chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
This looks like a good start. This group is pretty quiet now,

but since Firaxis is hinting at making a new Alpha Centauri game,

it may have a lively future! So please do continue and trust that your audience will arrive eventually. (I'll do the same with my story.)

The two suns on the horizon is a bit of poetic license. I think Alpha Centauri B is far enough from A so that it would just look like a bright star from Chiron. But that's okay within the spirit of the game, which is not rigorous hard saifai (antimatter plate armor indeed!).