Reviews for In an Instant
Beth6787 chapter 1 . 3/29
What really made this story work so well was having the narration from Tom’s POV. Excellent job and a clever mechanism to get KJ to face her inner demons.

A great read, well done.
pennyd chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
A wonderful story! I really enjoyed having it be Tom's POV, you definitely "get" him.
ghosteye99 chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Great story, & I liked the use of Tom's POV to bring the real depth of feeling across with his humor
bevfan chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
This was really well-written. I liked that it was in Paris's point of view and I liked the part where he thinks about how he and Janeway are the two possible outcomes of their upbringing.
Kath chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
What a beautiful, well-written story! I especially enjoyed the scenes between Janeway and Paris (wish the show had explored their relationship more). I love Tom's quiet wisdom: "You can't weigh pain. When it hurts - it hurts." Reminded me of his heartfelt talk with the doctor in "Real Life". Thanks for sharing.
bina W chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
HELLO. This was a well written story and I liekd Blanna's humor at the end.
Asthore chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
What the hell was that review beneath me about? They don't know what they're talking about. This is a J/C fic, not a fic about blowing Voyager to bits (well, it kinda was, but you know what I mean).

Anyways, I loved the fic. It was touching. You could pretty much understand what they were going through emotion-wise. Good job and keep writing. :)
poppaeasabina chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Now this was a really interesting concept, at least until we find out that Voyager wasn't destroyed. But that explains why Tom was so nonchalant starting to tell this story-if the ship had been destroyed he'd hardly have focussed on J&C's little shipboard romance!

IMO there are two things that could be improved about this story: 1) Don't let them off that hook. Destroy the ship! 2) Convince me that Tom (since he's telling the story) cares more about everybody he's just lost than about whether Janeway and Chakotay get together. Put yourself in his place and ask if you would give a damn about the ex-Command team's relationship, for months anyway.
xkawaiix chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I enjoyed reading this (: I think you wrote Paris very well and I loved his and Janeway's scene together. This also reminded me of another fandom I used to love, with the way they faked their explosion and all :P

Great fic! (:
LynnEGib chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Wow! That was great. I enjoyed the story.!
dottid chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Loved this story. It was great. And from Tom's POV. I could feel his ANGST. Thank you for sharing.
phoenixfire74656 chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I can't even describe how great this was! I loved it from Tom's point of view and you captured all the characters perfectly. Very, very well done! Loved it. ~Phoenix
Butterfly Hippie chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
ooh! ooh! love this! LOVE this!
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Great! And I'm glad for Kathryn's refusal to back down from what she has already resolved. I do admit to a twinge of regret that they didn't all get stuck on a nice planet and form a colony, but I know they need to get home too. Decisions, decisions.
Hestia01 chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
That was awesome, I mean that in its original sense, incredible fic!