Reviews for From It All
dmichelle312 chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
I agree with reviewer mystic99.

Both Tru and Jack feel like they are cursed and burdened with a calling they didn't even choose or ask for. Even in the show you can see that they're unhappy with their calling and feel cursed. What Tru said to Davis about her called in "Star-crossed" (among other things). And the look of anguish and horror in Jack's eyes after he let go of Megan's hand (it's heart-breaking and tragic, and Jason is such a talented actor, that scene made me cry and felt sad for both Megan and Jack, Jack is haunted by this and in some fics, that's one of the reasons why he quit). Jack is threatened and manipulated by Richard who took advantage of a poor, vulnerable man who checked himself in to a psychiatric ward because he didn't know what the hell was happening to him and thought he was going crazy. Richard knew that Jack was all alone with no family and friends, and no place to stay (heck if it weren't for Tru, he would've been all alone on Christmas day) and didn't even know what the hell was happening to him with the whole calling/reliving days thing (at first he even thought he was crazy and he also had a NDE), he knew Jack was alone and vulnerable with no one to guide him so he manipulated Jack. Tru had Davis to guide her, but that Richard bastard is all poor Jack has ever known in this world. Tru is tired of not having a social life, of not being able to go after her dream job, of having to constantly run off and lie to her friends to hide her double lives, and then there's what happened to her mother (she's smart, she would eventually figure it out). Both Tru and Jack feel trapped and want to escape, though they sometimes try hard to hide it but even in the show it's more than obvious. You captured their feelings so well. And this fic reminds me of the last chapter of Nicky's "Beyond good and evil" fic.

"But nothing!" she exclaimed, her voice breaking. "You're right, there is nothing you could say! I know everything now, I understand everything, and I hate you for it. I hate you for doing this to us. I hate you for not being strong enough to just… walk away from this stupid calling without feeling like you have to kill your own wife..."

She looked away, then. There were shining tear tracks across her cheeks.

"Why did you do that, dad?" she whispered. "Or was it so common to you to just… take lives that you didn't even think about the damage it caused? Was she just another job to you? Something you had to take care of? God, I wish I never had this stupid calling, I wish I could just be someone normal from a normal family, instead of this family – we're all cursed, aren't we? I…" she buried her face in her hands, breaking down in sobs.

"Tru - " Jack said softly, advancing toward her.

"Don't," she cried vehemently, flinching away. "I don't know anything anymore, okay? I don't know what to do or how to deal and… I just want it all to go away…"

"Tru," Richard said, his eyes filled with anguish. "I'm sorry."

"And you think sorry is going to be enough?" she demanded, lifting her head angrily. "You think sorry is going to cover for all this?"

"No, I'm sorry for this," he said as he withdrew a gun from behind the desk, and pointed it at her.

It was the same pistol he had used to threaten Jack earlier. That could have been entire lifetimes ago.

For a moment the air inside the room seemed to solidify, and the three of them stood there, a tableau, lit by the weak sunlight of the New York morning, streaming through the windows like quicksilver.

"Richard," Jack said, taking a step forward. "Don't."

Both you and Nicky capture Tru and Jack's feelings so well, whether it's their feelings about their calling, their feelings about their struggles, or their feelings for each other.

But as you know, what I like the most about your fics and Nicky's is in the end Tru and Jack get together, embrace each other, and Richard is defeated.

Sallywags who wrote "Parallel lines" (as you know since you reviewed it, this fic can also be found on FFN) also captured this well when she wrote about their differing views and how their experiences shaped them but how undeniably attracted they are to each other.

I love how those fic writers kept them in character but at the same time developed them as characters and their relationship.
Stephycats7785 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I absolutely loved this story! The way youu wrote Jack trying to help her was interesting. Jack doesnt do things like other people and I think that is why I like him so much. I felt bad for him tho at the end when he thinks Richard can never know.
CupCakeConundrum chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Understood, and loved it. You're a great author.

keep on typing

* hannah *
Osage chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
This was a nice one, I really understood cherry. Love the fact that Jensen was put to rest, I really didn't like the fact that she brought him back in the show. But yeah this was good my friend.
Holly Fowl chapter 1 . 11/16/2006
Nice story.

I really liked the Dancing scene, it was so... i dont know, kind of magical.

And Tru and Jack are so touching when they don't argue.

~Thanks
Habita chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
I love your idea and I love the way you wrote it! Im sorry I dont say something more about your fic, but my English is really terrible! I can understand it, but I write and speak it like Tarzan!

Thanks for sharing! :-)
da-super-dude chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Nice plot so far. Add a little more Jack/Tru. Please update.
AmethystB chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
Hi. Well, I promised reviews and I'm (finally) delivering. When I first read this, it had a huge impact on me. I loved all the emotional stuff, with Tru dealing with Jensen's death and how she deals with her latent feelings for Jack.

And then the second time I read it, I felt the same impact. Wow. Great writing, fantastic interpretation of the characters and their feelings. I have to admit I am a little sad that you didn't explain Jensen's death; I was hoping it would be incredibly violent ;) Not a huge fan of the guy...

Anyway, great job with this one...I really loved it. Two thumbs up!

Peace
FullMoonDreams chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
A great piece, very dark and a great way of showing how similar Tru and Jack's callings are even though they are opposing forces, to borrow the phrase from the featurette on the second season dvds.
Kerri chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Lara-!

wow...this is amazing...you have such a talent for this, its incredible...bravo!
Turtle2 chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
Yes, I think I understand what you were trying to say. While I think it's a tad out of character for Tru to turn suicidal, I really liked the idea of finding comfort in an 'enemy' for one fragile moment. I also liked how you noted that Tru and Jack each have different rules of operation, both of which do happen to allow such a moment despite what one might assume about their otherwise adversarial relationship. Bravo, my friend.
Ms. Thang chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
You are a freaking genius of fanfics! No fanfic can ever hold a candle to this magnificently bogus fanfic. It is the queen of all fanfics! It puts the FAN in fanfic! And you, put the auth in author! And I, well I...put the view in reviewer! And now, I shall put the well in farewell! Good. Night.
informantxgirl chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Oh, dark! Definitely much darker than the Bell Jar, but then again, Esther didn't have the weight of the world on her shoulders. I especially like the night club scene, very well-written. Keep up the good work!
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Aw I loved that, very angsty
Coney Island chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
I'm not sure if I already put up a review on this site or not, but you know how much I loved this story. Seriously, please continue, not only is it one of the best Tru/Jack stories, but also it's one of the best fanfic's I've ever read. The style is so unique!