Reviews for The Blue JellO Metaphor
mirage24 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Just found this and it was such a good story! I loved it, thanks for writing and sharing it :D
kat6919 chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
I loved this. Love how you caught the underlying love and concern that each of the guys feels for Sam. I adore The Wonder Twins and really missed that aspect of the show in later years. And I like that Teal'c gets what's going on with Sam. Like Daniel says "he's deep".
PatchworkDK chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
"She felt unreasonably angry with the Colonel for some reason. Maybe because after all these years she’d expected him to gain some understanding of the physics of gate travel. She’d thought he’d at least pick up the vocabulary instead of making her explain herself. Every. Single. Damn. Time."

And if CanonSam felt that way, if she told Jack where he could go shove himself and his attitude, I wouldn't hate her at all.

Sam was a little over-the-top in the Pilot, true, but she toned it down in the rest of Seasons One through the first part of Four. I liked her. She wasn't my favorite - that's got to be Teal'c - but she was likeable and understandable. Then came the Jack/Sam and the Jack/Sam/Pete triangle, when TPTB got too busy showing Sam's love life (abandoning her post to run to Jack? WTF?) to remember that she's supposedly a highly comptent military officer. And so: I do not like Sam at all.

But if TPTB wrote her like you did here? That would be a very different story indeed. I mean, blue jello. BLUE JELLO. "Quark." Heh, that was funny, and the guy bailing on her, and "but she still wasn't wearing the tights." Awesome.

Razzbaby chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
OMG! I happened to just find this and I soo could see this happening with Sam! Excellent. Thanks for sharing!
HS33 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Love, love, LOVE this story. I think I read it about a year ago? Can't remember now, but Carter's outsider-ness, and her sweet teams inclusiveness. Very nice. Well done. Thanks!
brains103 chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
I love this! It's absolutely wonderful! Sorry about the gushing. I love the wonder twins thing with Daniel. He's so sweet.
Pagan Twylight chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
this was very good. Thank you.
Blueeeee chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
LOVE IT, common, everyone is a blue jello in this world ;), really nice fic.
Redd chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
Haha! I loved it!
Seshut chapter 1 . 10/27/2006

Loved the story. I think everyone feels like blue jell-o sometimes...I know I accidentally talk over people's heads without meaning to.

The way the guys showed how they cared was brilliant - no mushiness, just friendship. And Sam was insecure without being annoying or neurotic.

And I loved the moral - it's who says it that counts!

Keep writing!
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Awsome! Keep writing (I think she's almost perfect though ;) lol)
kepulver chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
You made me tear up! And now I want blue Jello! And I don't have blue Jello! Seriously, this was a great fic. Poor Sam.
Anunnaki chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Wow. That is, bar none, the absolute best Sam!fic I've ever had the privelege of reading. What a perfect metaphore. What a deeply insightful monologue. I can't possibly praise this story enough. FANTASTIC work.
Ann-sgcfan chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Great story! I loved how you captured Sam so well! Favorite part was when Teal'c understood and they shared a moment over jello (perfect). Loved the moments with Daniel and Jack too. :D
SG-Fan chapter 1 . 11/12/2005