Reviews for Star Trek: The Third Generation
Claire chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Wow!

I love it!

Though, the thought of Jean-Luc and Beverly being dead makes something inside break.

Jack's perfect, I love Moriarty and Konnu.

But I have to agree with another reviewer, the idea of Picard having a problem with Jack's religious reading doesn't quite fit for me.

Thank you, it was a perfect bedtime story last night (even if it did take several hours!)
Pothangfanfic chapter 2 . 3/9/2008
I'm on the second episode and I've gotta tell you...Next Gen would've been so much better if they'd had strong writers like y'all.

This is amazing!

And, I know that I'll know before the day is out because I plan on finishing this, but do we see Captain Lester again? I really liked her.

Do you have any more of these fics? And, if so, might I ask where they are archived?

Thanks for sharing this amazing fic.
Persephone Kore chapter 8 . 12/9/2003
And I wasn't thinking about the "act" aspect of Hethor's behavior when I wrote that other comment...
I'm curious about the stories surrounding the feyralen. Interesting creature. (Well, besides this story. ;) Which I am still quite enjoying.) I liked Gwyn's riff on their being mythical. ;)
Song of Solomon. *snerk* :)
"Because Starfleet, to use a familiar metaphor, is a whitewashed tomb." Ouch. I'd just been reading some discussion of the ethics of the Federation's behavior in DS9, too.
Persephone Kore chapter 7 . 12/9/2003
*is laughing hysterically at the six trillion copies of Moby Dick*
Persephone Kore chapter 6 . 12/9/2003
"This is the Admiral's plan to _relieve_ my stress?" -heh. I'd ask if the testing wasn't over, but somehow that doesn't quite seem to fit.
I was a little thrown off in the first section over Jean-Luc's "reaction" to "studying primitive religious scribblings" - I can pretty readily accept that he would be disconcerted at finding her to *believe* in them, but I would imagine it wouldn't be until that point in the conversation that he did react - I keep thinking I (vaguely) remember him or possibly other characters quoting the Bible in such a manner as to suggest its being regarded as still interesting *literature*, at any rate, so that reading it at all wouldn't be cause for surprise. (But I figure the seriousness of her study was the reason for the reaction. And I'm actually trying to figure out if I'm imagining what I think I remember, since it *is* that vague.) I'm a little confused at Hethor's reaction given the reason given for Catian objections to searches, but perhaps I didn't quite follow something.
Persephone Kore chapter 4 . 12/9/2003
Well, *that* was exciting. I like the choice of address from the Borg to Jack.
Persephone Kore chapter 2 . 12/9/2003
EEk!
The characters are still fascinating, and the plot is getting that way too. (And I noticed this aspect in one of Rebecca Anderson's other Star Trek works - interesting, if sad, to see the attempts at trading promotions for, ah, gratitude. More generally, while I'm not sure about Admiral Thompson's expressing his lack of support so bluntly, I do like the way the matter of prejudice vs. acceptance is being dealt with. The characters are making a definite effort to evaluate individuals *as* individuals, and rightly so, but the fact that many of the prejudgments they might be inclined to make are not without reason isn't neglected either.)
Most of the time the various authors' writing seems to mesh quite smoothly, which is also nice.
...Does T'Pryn by any chance secretly enjoy the way her smiling disconcerts people, I wonder?
Moriarty taking over the computer. Losing the captain. Now the Borg showing up. Just one thing after another, isn't it?
Persephone Kore chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
This is intriguing - I hadn't quite expected to be drawn in readily by the, ah, next next generation, but every now and then a story like that does work, and the characters and their interactions here are intriguing. And I think I do like Gabriele's sense of humor. :)
Loriel Eris chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
Hi,

I found you on after reading your Potion Master's Apprentice series on SQ a while ago, and then searching for you here this evening.

I'm really enjoying ST:3Gen so far. Its quite unusual reading after having seen DS9, Voy and Ent, but that's not stopping me! I'm very interested to know what happened to Barnabus and to see what the situation is wih the new counseller, and all the rest of the new crew. Usually I dislike stories where authors dump all the information about thier new characters on you in the 1st paragraph, but in this case, I'm almost wishing that's what you and the other authors had done - curiosity is killing me here! :)

Loriel (off to read some more of 3Gen)
Fairfax Raveka chapter 9 . 3/1/2003
I think I read some of this long ago off of the AOL download servers. I was very happy to see it in the fan fiction archive and getting a chance to finish it.. I would love a second story based on this universe.
cal chapter 9 . 8/29/2002
hello, i enjoyed it the story. some things disturbed me about it though.. like how nobody i can notice isnt that alarmed at the wasili (sp?)after they got away. they certainly are hostile as lt. konnu (sp?) can attest to. some things, took some getting used to. esp some of the cannon stuff. like the federation flagship having a cloaking device and the romulans not going nuts about it even if it is in the future.. but you can get away w/ that in an alternate universe. :)

oh, have u noticed that admiral hethor kinda speaks like yoda? at least in the beginning.

as you have writen the story, it sounds like there would be a sequel? it sounds like there would be room for one, that deals w/ the coming war w/ the wasili (sp?. maybe even go over what would happen during the peace treaty signing on romulus. in any case thanks for writing and hopefully i can read more star trek fiction from you soon.
Wolf550e chapter 9 . 5/29/2002
11 years ago RJA wrote a Mary Sue fic.

I type it, but I don't believe it. Oh well, just another proof that Shakespeare was right on the money, as usual.

Do all your stories have a happy end? You wrapped it up unrealistically nice for everyone (sans 3 dead crew members); experience teaches me that RL doesn't work like that; usually such good stories are the stuff of fairy tales or wishful thinking. But it was an enjoyable read none the less. I wasn't even bothered at all by the religious theme!

But it was too short for my taste and lacked depth for secondary characters. I mean, yes they were real and believable enough, no cardboard, but after we got their stories I'd like to see some plot involving them, for a time period longer than a few weeks. This, just like D&L, was more Romance than Sci-Fi. And about ten more chapters would be really nice too... Basically the Bujold balance is a good formula, IMHO.

Mitch Lafontaine chapter 1 . 7/16/2001
I don't really know what to say. This story had me glued for more since each person was so well described and the interactions between each new crew member well done.

Since I have watched almost all espisodes of all the Star Trek programs I could follow the story line very well. I see where the story line takes from and the sense of deja vu in certain areas, but that was explained at the beginning which is fabulous. I look forward to the other episode.

Mitch
Josh chapter 9 . 4/16/2001
Very good, excellent...smooth flow, and consistent character behavior. If the action were stretched out a bit, this would be a wonderful novel. Congrats!
Second Mouse chapter 9 . 4/16/2001
More! And thank you ever so much for the Christian captain. *sigh* I'm happy now :)