Reviews for The Villainy You Teach Me
F chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
I'd almost given up hope for a decent Saw story, after wading through so much crap ... but here's a good one. Pity the story doesn't continue past chapter 2. Free of silly slash, self insertions and repulsive depictions of gore and overblown prose, it's a worthwhile read. My search has been rewarded. Now, are there any more like this?
Salem Saori chapter 2 . 7/25/2006
I had never felt so much instant sympathy for a character's portrait in a fanfic like I did with that bit with the bus. :) Your description short and sweet, enough to make you see and *feel* the scene without overloading on the details. And by wanting to take John out of his mind, Zep's actually just dwelling on him.

Once again, describing his apartment to us shows rather than shoves info down the readers' throats. Psychology, sociology, anatomy, theology. All that speaks so much about your interpretation of him - I become hooked on your writing style.

His backstory is... particular. I love how you start off telling this to us and elaborate into what it's made him turn to, instead of doing it reversely. Not often does narrative of an "odd" childhood stage elicit much interest from me, but with this one, you've managed to. Two thumbs up, sir or miss. You've aced it.

Yep, he's insane. Show instead of telling indeed, so much intensity and actual impact (!) when the only thing you've done is subtly drop a passing thought by. Beautiful!

This IS how Dr Gordon was meant to be portrayed, methinks. That too is what I got from Saw, and Rebirth, side of death to the other? You just killed me. That was just, poetic. Beautiful. I love it.

He likes power. Oh yes, he does, and I so very hope we get to see more of it. Indeed, this is very introspective - and thus, a certain degree of a pattern with John is set, and I see where they could get mutual understanding from. Bravo. You developed the idea wonderfully, and I must take off my hat for that.

...and we don't get more? No way that's happening. You can't leave me like this, you just can't. You seriously have something here and I fully encourage you to go on. It's just, oh dear. I urge you to go on.

~Salem Saori
Salem Saori chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
All right here, you've got my strict attention. Not only are pieces focused in Zep extremely rare, but he is one of my favourite characters and it's a treat to read something which deals with him so lovingly.

The initial impressions on his character are indeed brilliant. You introduce him as an odd but, by now, sympathethic enough figure - not unlike his first scene in the Saw movie did. His role is to watch from afar, comfort but never really get involved with the patients' feelings...

And then John, indeed. You made it truly sound like he's just... unique, different, and Zep is the first one to notice. There's a certain elegancy as to him, something which makes him one of a kind - it succeeds at making my favourite orderly's fascination incredibly understandable; you've got a kind way to show things rather than telling them, through the details, and that wonderful choice of words.

You've got some difficult issues there to write about, but from now this small chapter is so brilliant I'm already yearning to know where this will go. How will their relationship develop and how will you shouw us? Shame it's so short and... only two chapters? Hm, we shall go on and take a look.

For now, the only I can certainly say is this, dear, is pure gold. :)

~Salem Saori
Not Human chapter 2 . 4/10/2006
This is lovely. I always liked Mr. Hindle. I do hope you plan to continue this!
Fermata chapter 2 . 11/17/2005
Very nice, I love it.

Is this the end?
E.R.M. Griffin chapter 2 . 11/10/2005
Wow. You know, I never really knew what to make of Zep when I saw him in the movie, but I think your story might just sum up the part of his character that made him a target for Jigsaw. Interesting and well written. I hope you decide to go a bit further with this.
Delightfully Wicked chapter 2 . 11/3/2005
I liked it. In fact, I want to continue reading it.

Please continue as soon as you can. I'll be waiting...

(That sounds a lot more... creepy... than I'd intended...)
tazitz chapter 2 . 10/31/2005
pretty good. not too sure where its going, but i would love to see. write more soon!
Vangrul chapter 2 . 8/29/2005
Seem's like he's crazy. Story's taking another turn? Its a good story though. Continue.
GrecianPrincess chapter 2 . 8/29/2005
Ah, I was wondering where you were. :) I am glad to see you are continuing this story. You are horrible leaving it where you did. :

Continue writing, I am anxious to see how you develop the whole grotesque relationship between Zep and John.
Jenny chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I liked this one! Keep it up, will ya?
GrecianPrincess chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Very interesting. Looks to be quite an interesting story; a different facet. Please continue; don't leave me hangin'!
Partial Anaesthesia chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Interesting...not really sure what else to say about it but it looks to be promising. Please, continue.
Chiyojo chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Oh! You have to continue on this one- it looks so damned promising!
Graciecocopops chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
YAY! another Saw fic :D

o please update, this sounds interesting..

..don't tell me that it was meant to be a one-shot!