Reviews for Before it Began
Selena Hufflepuff chapter 42 . 9/1/2006
I hate Peter and what he did has not forgiveness… I load him with all my being.

An he stole Harry’s stone, hm, that’s not a good sign, or is it?

It was dreadful to watch Sirius’ sadness when he heard that Harry had stopped Voldemort and that both his friends were dead

It was so frustrating to watch Peter escape and Sirius being taken to Azkaban.

Everyone is so happy that Voldemort has disappeared that no one really cares about Harry’s destiny apart from a few group of people in the whole wizarding community. That’s so sad. I really liked that Harry’s eyes only turned full green after what had happened.

It was great that Dumbluedore cast a spell that only a Potter can enter Godric’s Hollow. That’s really interesting, you know. :)

Oh, what have really happened to Calli, is she dead? Is she working for Voldemort under the Imperious Curse? I don’t know what’s worth, poor girl.

Excelent work as usual, I loved it.

Selena Hufflepuff chapter 41 . 9/1/2006
*Cries*

This chapter was so sad Courtney, so sad… so intense and powerful.

It was heart wrenching to see Lily’s and James’ lives being ripped from them… watching those two wonderful souls leaving this world never to return. To watch their courage, their fought to the very end to protect their son ’(.

I wish I could turn back time and change their tragic destiny, but I can’t.

This chapter was so wonderfully well written that I am at a lack for words to describe what it made me feel. I’m still drenched in sadness.

Thank you for writing this scene so well.

I admire your talent.

Your friend,

Selena Hufflepuff chapter 40 . 9/1/2006
Hey Courtney, I’m so sorry I took so long to review the last chapters of you wonderful story.

I will review them all now, though ;).

This chapter was so sad. I’m so sorry for James, Lily and Harry. They went though so much grieve before their tragic death.

I want to hurt Peter, I really do.

Sirius told Cadence about what he has to do, good.

I loved when Lily performed the spell to protect Harry.

Lovely chapter,

AlinnyWeasley chapter 43 . 8/29/2006
How could you do this to all of us!I just totally cried my eyes out reading the last part!UGH!Well I hope you have time to write a sequel!I cant wait!
Fizzing Whizbees chapter 34 . 8/23/2006
i love this story! i was wondering thoug, if i could steal your awesome phrase at the end, 'still holding her with all the love in the world'. im not sure if i will end up using it, but i'd figure i'd get permission just in case.

GREAT STORY!
Selena Hufflepuff chapter 39 . 8/21/2006
Awesome!

I'm so looking forward for the sequel.

It's so close to the end and I'm so curious. At the same time I fear to read the end because I know it's going to be o sad.

I loved Lily's ideas for the protecting spells.

I loved teh ending with Voldemort planning to... To kill the Potters *cries*

Loved it :)

your friend,

Esacko chapter 43 . 8/19/2006
i think that your age shows in your writting, it would help you greatly if you took this story and went back through and re-wrote it (not re write i guess, re-vise i spose, kinda in the middle *smile) with these three things in mind (trust me i leanred how much these helped this year during collage writting and my creative writting course)

1. Pacing (make sure you pace yourself through situations, don't have them jump and skipp around or last for three seconds. enlighten us wich brings me to-)

2. Write, don't tell (instead of TELLING us that he is scared describ that emotion, instead of bluntly coming out and telling us somthing describ it! you tools in that is the five senses, use the five senses to enhance your writting ten fold)

3. Revision (go through your work at least three times, you have a lot of grammatical errors and spelling errors in your story which becomes increasingly annoying. you should first take a story and write it out, i didn't like to WRITE things either untill this class it helps SO BLOODY MUCH, then take it and do another written copy then take it again and do a computerized copy, every time you take it and re-do it use the precieding two tips and you'll be unbelivable)

overall i enjoyed your story i like how things connected to JK Rowlings but i definetly like your take on things, i do think that you moved way to fast through the exciting parts and you paced your writting perfectly through the dull, filler, background parts. overall, excellent!

'
princess52577 chapter 3 . 8/18/2006
aw..poor alice! good job so far on the story!
pococurantee chapter 43 . 8/16/2006
The last two chapters made me cry... No matter how many different versions of how that idiot, Peter, betrayed James and Lily, killing them, and sending Sirius to Askaban, I always end up crying. But your story, ahh, just more tears. Loved it. By far the best fanfiction I read. I'll be back if you write more Lily and James fanfics. I really enjoyed this one. D

- Rochelle
Selena Hufflepuff chapter 38 . 8/15/2006
OMG, what a great chapter.

I loved when Lily found that poem, it's (I believe) the magic she's going to use to protect Harry.

Ohh, an the Dark book... was the note written by Voldemort? Is that a list of the Horcruxes he made, written in Parseltongue.

I'm very curious about that.

Awesome chapter and I'm sure the sequel is going to be as good as this story ;).

Selena Hufflepuff chapter 37 . 8/15/2006
Perfect... absolutely perfect. That's what I have to say about this chapter.

It was emotional, sweet, exciting, very well described and I loved everything from the title to the very last word. Amazing.

I loved espeially how you wrote the connection between Harry and Sirius even before he was born.

I loved this chapter and it makes me sad to know that their happiness is not going to last for long.

Lovely chapter :).

I'll read the next one right away :D.

scarbolt chapter 43 . 8/15/2006
Wow.. nice ending!
Quidditchplayersdoitbest chapter 13 . 8/14/2006
i just wanted to let you know that I am so impressed with your writing. I honestly didn't think you were a ninth grader while I read your work until you mentioned that you were going into grade nine. Your writing has such a mature feel to it. I can't write like that and I'm going into my first year of college in a week! Good job and I love your story! I guess the only thing I wasn't so keen on was the short time the gang was at Hogwarts. I guess I'm just a romantic and I've fallen in love with Lily and James and love to see Lily finally falling for James. But I still love your story!
Italian Dream chapter 43 . 8/14/2006
aw she died :[

that makes me so sad.

basically remus [and ugh pettigrew] survived. thats so horribly sad. this is the one part i hate about the lily and james stories, the ending. it was such a fabulous story, and that last year and a month was so much fun to read. i loved it all. i hope you do write a sequel! that'll be neat.

until then, you are such a great writer and i hope you continue doing it. i really loved Before It Began and im sad to see it end, really really sad in fact im about to cry. well i'll look forward to seeing what you write in the future!

~Flora