Reviews for Gifts
WeAreTomorrow chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
i like it

i don't excatly understand it, but i definatly like it

it gives you a kind of funny feeling when you read...

love the last line

'Spill not your red secrets'
ThJaFl chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Are you talking about the body, with movement being the heart, lungs, etc., stillness is when the above stop working, and red secrets blood?
Aldama chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Good job. What does it mean.
Spiffsta chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Very sly of you shadow of dragons. Your little author's note has driven the content of your reviews. They are more focussed on their personal interpretations than the quality of your poem. Perhaps this was intentional.. or not. I do not presume to know your logic. In any case, I shall give you both:

Grammatically, when you said those at PIECE, perhaps you meant those at PEACE? Also, there is no punctuation in your poem. For your poem to make MORE sense, I encourage you to add in commas, periods, colins and or semi-colons where lack of punctuation distracts from your message.

I did enjoy your poem. My favourite part was the last line "Spill not your red secrets" because that really does have so many connotations.

1) One could view "red secrets" as blood and thus one would interpret the line as "Don't die".

2) One could also view "red secrets" as "secrets of the heart/passion". This would refer to Alex's loved ones. Thus the line would be advising him not to devulge who he loves (in order to keep them safe)

The part about movement tells Alex never to stop because stopping means death. This can be meant literally (as in a gun fight scene) and also emotionally (move past the death of your uncle).

"Gifts given by those at peace"- I believe that means Alex's uncle who trained him with karate, acuba diving, etc... to become an agent one day. It could also refer to his uncle's love. Either way, the gift seemingly continues even though the giver is at peace- dead.

So hopefully, this certainly lengthy review will boost your spirits and you can continue writing. Please take my suggestions to heart. Cheers

Spiffsta
Huactaw chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
line 1&2: If you can move, you're alive

line 3: Silence you're dead

line 4&5: You've done things for others, who are now glad

line 6&7: Keep going (don't stop) and don't tell about the things

you shouldn't have done

This is what I thinks it means, but a poem has many meanings

Another chapter! (please) I liked it X )
Poneh and Pony chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Very good. Kind of like a riddle. I'm not sure how to say what it means, it's like...a feeling. Kind of how you have to keep going so you don't die. But that's only a little of what I got from it. Wonderfully done!

Pony
Hollefine chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
It's really nice...but I have no idea what it means...something about dying and secrets...? Please post the next chapter! :'(

-ML
Zeppelin Girl chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
very very good. I like riddles. My intake on it: is that its life and then you die, and something to do with the dead...hmm...intersting. Cant wait for another chapter Kelsey
DreamGirl101 chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
ok? what was that and please for the next chapter no

riddles please
Tora Macaw chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
My analysis: Life, birth. A new begining to fill the void left by death. Look to the future, seek not an ending. (Of course, I could be wrong. Anyway, it was interesting enough)