Reviews for Aurora Borealis
LezBlowShitUp chapter 30 . 5/8
What can I even say to express my love for this fic? I’m not sure if I’ve ever read anything that resonated with me so powerfully. Maybe Memoirs of a Geisha. Your writing is stunning, so elaborate and imaginative. There are several lines that I think I’ll remember for years. This is what has kept me coming back to it time and time again. I must have read AB at least five times by now. This passage from Ch 1 is possibly the most romantic thing I’ve ever read. I’m not kidding or being overly complimentary. I honestly mean that.
Her eyes were green Athrun-colored, like wet grass. Kira stared at her until Tolle nudged him in the ribs, amused and teasing. From that moment on his friends have been sneaking glances at the spoiled girl he doesn’t know because he’s interested in her and not because there were pale flowers all around her green eyes and he was looking for Torii on her shoulder. Tolle wasn’t wrong when he claimed that Kira’s expression was that of a guy who’s just realized he’s in love. But Tolle doesn’t know that this universe was created as a background for Athrun Zala, so he doesn’t know with whom.

Other things that I can’t forget: The image of Athrun decimating the crew of the archangel-Jesus. Sai watching Athrun tell Kira that he will “die if he wants him to”. Yzak and daffodils. Seriously, how did you come up with this? It was completely brilliant. I love how much time you spent on DeaYzak by the way. They were a really interesting foil for AsuKira, but also just fascinating to read about as an underappreciated ship. But I have to say, the mind-numbing frustration of having the story end with Sai is something I kind of hate you for...sorry.

Canon-wise, I don’t agree with your depiction of coordinators as the ultimate species. I do feel strongly that the purpose of GS and GSD is to convey a message of peace and inclusivity (i guess that’s obvious). However, within the context of your fic, everything works extremely well. Kira does not just suddenly decide to change all of his views, the transition is slow and with reason (very much unlike other Kira gets captured and joins ZAFT stories). It could have benefited from a good beta reader, but regardless, any errors really didn’t take away from the power behind your writing. I know it has been a long time since you have written and GS ff. I just want you to know that If the thought ever strikes you I will definitely be reading it. Thank you so much for AB.
dawnraptor chapter 22 . 11/2/2014
I love your story, this is the first thing to say. But I'm Italian and I learned English by myself, mostly. Only I even know that solider and soldier are not the same. And really, I read this everywhere and it's very bothering. Sorry.
Lilian Cass chapter 30 . 6/21/2014
This was a good read! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!
Kiheada.Ray.T chapter 30 . 11/7/2012
.Gundam. I really enjoyed reading this. Just enough fluff, just enough plot, beautifully written. Looooved it! 3

Okay, into more details: The French was hilarious. I speak a bit of French so I actually understood what Yzak was saying (and of course I know the "Voulez-vous" phrase) and I burst out laughing. I adore Yzak and Dearka as a couple, and I really liked the back-story you put into Yzak's character, especially the abusive dad bit. I also like the "Nicol is in a one-sided relationship with Athrun" bit (sorry Nicol-san) because it added an extra layer to the story.

And of course, I love me some AthrunxKira. I actually had the idea of writing a fic like this, but seeing as I wouldn't be able to top this, nor would I want to copy it, I'll refrain.

I know this is a rather old fic for you and etc., but I think it was a good start. It took me a while to finish because of other life complications (stupid life, getting in the way of wonderful yaoi fanfiction) but I'm glad I was able to finish. Anyway, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate this.
Kiheada.Ray.T chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Wow, this is amazing for an "old fic". I was looking forward to reading this all day as a treat to myself, and I wasn't disappointed. So, I shall continue on and give a more proper review once I've read it all. 8runs to next chapter*
Scarlett Skylar chapter 30 . 6/7/2011
This was an awesome story. I loved it.

Thank you for writing it!
SeraphimXII chapter 4 . 3/2/2010
I love! but I can't read the rest right now... either way it's going on my fav's! XD Good read so far! :P
kk chapter 29 . 8/29/2009
you, seriously need to learn how to spell their names. It's Comander Le Creuset, Dearka Elsman, Chairman Guilbert Durandall, and Fllay Allster. Not Klueze, Elthman, Dulindall, and Allister. If your going to write about them , you need to make sure your spelling the names correctly, otherwise people will just walk away from it. It is really irritating
Rau Le Crueset chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
Like the name up top, thats how you spell their commanders name, its not Kluze or whatever.
TrayialBirdOfLight chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I absolutely LOVE how you wrote this chapter. It's probably the best written fanfic I've ever read. I've only read the first chapter and I'm already in love with it. Keep up the good work.
kami chapter 2 . 4/7/2008
huh, Archangel would've never left Kira behind.

All was good execpt the "I love you" which was utterly out of place. (my point of view)
feli-chan chapter 30 . 7/18/2007
That was lot of fun, great fic!

I'm not an YzakDearka fan at first, i love Yzak but not the pairing. but...they look so cute together in this fic _

I really like how you write them, my favorit line is “I love you, you big idiot.” that was Yzak, right?

so yeah, my new fave pairing!
Silver-Serval chapter 30 . 7/17/2007
Wot! I finally finished reading the story. Yes, finally. Obviously, my favorite chapter was this one; all hail the crack chapter! And I agree, sequels all around! (That obviously means I've not gone to CHECK if ther is the spoken-of sequel.)

Anyway! Great jopb!
Master Elora Dannan chapter 30 . 7/23/2006
YES! Finally got through the story! Lovely AU you wrote, and I much enjoyed the crack epilogue. You hate Cagalli, huh? I'm going through this anime on spoiler fanfics, the first few manga and what brief scenes I can find on YouTube (having a terrible time getting hold of the actual anime episodes), so I haven't seen much of Cagalli yet, but I do notice she somehow manages to mysteriously appear whenever it looks like Athrun and Kira manage to get some time alone to bond and fling herself between them (note the scene at the fence and the one after they fight together, RIGHT when it looked like they were about to hug). I'm sure I'll hate her plenty once I start watching the series. Anyway, a sequel would be nice!
BambooBoom chapter 29 . 6/18/2006
Aw...this fic is so long and inspiring...too bad you didn't continue it...T_T!

This fic is like a jewel...it's so rare to see a good ifc with AthrunxKira pairing, I've been looking around and notice that almost all of them are half the quality of AthrunxCagalli or KiraxLacus, and yet, yours are between those fics who can save the AthrunxKira fandom from shame...to bad you didn't continue it...Maybe one day after your Naruto Fever is over?