Reviews for When Angels Weep
kim chapter 18 . 1/22
omfg just finished reading in tears, well written loved the story absolutely beautiful
NewBornBaby chapter 18 . 10/13/2014
Oh my God, seriously that ending... I knew since the beginning that this was a sad story (the other reviews were very clear on that point), but still...

Gosh what can I say. I read this in little less than a day. Before I stumbled on your story I didn't know that good SW fanfics existed. I'd searched for SW fics a couple of years ago and I was so disappointed with their lack of quality. The writting was poor, the plots weak, the characters OOC... And in so many of them Anakin just ended up shagging obi-wan LOL.

I'll just start with the few that I didn't like in this story, just to get it out of the way. First, I have to say that all the things I liked least were in the second half of the story, the first part was utterly perfect.

The first thing that struck me as odd was Cordé, going back to Coruscant. I mean, seriously, the woman was scared to death of Anakin and Padmé wanted her to swore she wouldn't go back. I don't think that 'real' Cordé would have come back. She wouldn't have risked getting caught, knowing that she could be tortured into spilling Padmé's secrets and the twins locations. And speaking of it, I was surprised Anakin didn't try harder with her, he could have handed her over to interrogation droids instead of killing her, he could have worked her up for months of even years and have her break eventually...

Second thing is, I believe it's a pity we didn't witness Padmé's reaction when learning of her family's fate. I would have though that discovering that Anakin had killed her mother (and probably her father, sister, and maybe even nieces) would have been quite a blow for her... I just think it's a shame you wrote such a good scene between Anakin and the Naberries and didn't use it afterhand.

Third thing, Padmé giving Leia to the Organas. In the movie, Anakin believes his children died before Padmé could give birth to them. So why should he suspect anyting when Bail suddenly adoptes a baby girl ? But in your story it's not the same thing. Anakin knows that Leia (having her called Shmi was brilliant btw, and a bit disturbing as well) lives, he knows that Padmé took her away, and suddenly Bail has a daughter. Knowing that Bail was a close friend of Padmé, I think he would have been quite suspicious.

Fourth and last critic, I feel the last chapter was a tiny bit too short. You've built your whole story knowing you would reach this point, I think Padmé's death and Anakin's reaction to it should have been a bit more explored and lingered on.

Anyways, now for the good things... Well like I said in the beginning of my review, this is the first (and for now only) SW fic I read that was worth reading. Your writing style is fluid, precise, accurate, pleasant to read.

The best point of this story is that everyone is SO much in character. Except for the few details I've pinpointed, I think that Anakin, Padmé, Palpatine, Bail, Cordé, all of them reacted EXACTLY how one could expect them to react. Even George Lucas couldn't have done it better I feel like you've truly caught the essence of each character, so much so that this story is completely believable.

The downfall of Anakin was incredible, his inner struggle painful to witness but sort of beautiful at the same time.

Something else, I've read your extended 8th chapter and it's a pity you didn't leave it here, it's really good ! And you've rated your story M so you're 'allowed' to keep it here...

So, yeah, nice job. You've given me faith in SW's fics again, I'll check your other stories :) Good continuation writing !
Sobbing Ciaran chapter 18 . 9/6/2014
That. Ending. Killed. Me. I'm a mess of tears right now.
illusion95 chapter 18 . 7/25/2014
This was a beautifuly well-written story. You captured the characters perfectly and it was both realistic and richly detailed. I read it all in one sitting! Thank you for your hard work on this.
louise chapter 18 . 5/22/2014
so terribly tragic it was an amazing story beautifully written
Joan chapter 18 . 5/22/2014
this was so sad a very tragic love story but it was an amazing story it i kind of wish this was the way it went down in the movies deserves so much more reviews
omnomchocolate chapter 18 . 12/21/2012
That was beautiful and terribly tragic. It was well written and very interesting. Poor Padme. Thank you for such a great story!
ProudlyIrish chapter 18 . 12/29/2010
NO! padmé died! damn it even though there was still good somewhere in Anakin! and for Anakin to return just as she gave up and believed Vader had one Absolutely Heartbreaking :(

This was a fantastic story i just read it all and even though almost every chapter broke my heart i loved it, You wrote the characters so well. Even though i like to think that if anakin had won at mustafar then he and padme would have lived happily ever after and padmé would have saved Anakin, this is slightly more realistic and more likely to be honest. Padmé never would have given up her beliefs and Anakin probably would have continued his downward spiral like in this story. This story was beautiful and well written, it was a tragedy but i still almost prefer it to what actually happened in the movies. Anyway it was an amazing story, i still have tears in my eyes :(
fdksn chapter 18 . 10/6/2009
This was very well written. It was sad, but I still think it was good. :)
Bandbabe chapter 18 . 1/30/2009
This is an incredible story. Very sad, like a greek tragedy. I usually hate stories with sad endings but I'm in awe of your storytelling. You descriptions were wonderful and detailed with regards to the characters emotions. This was a character driven story for sure, each of the characters changed over the course of its telling. From Dormé's naive denial to acceptance and fear of the horrible truth. From Padmé's strong determination to protect her children and keep her dignity while struggling to redeem Anakin, to her final acceptance that Vader had won. And Anakin's long downward spiral to the illusions of the dark side and his stubborn insistence to bend Padmé to his will.

This story was stunning! I really enjoyed it. Though I wished Anakin and Padmé could have had an happy ending in the Star Wars movies, I am 100% satisfied with ending of this story! The motivations were well developed and it made sense. This telling of Anakin & Padmé's tragic romance is FAR superior to how it was portrayed in the movie ROTS! Kudos and thanks!
Airashii chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Loved the entire story. It was very well written. I surely enjoyed it. Thank you for all your hard work and for producing a very nice story.
bandwitch chapter 18 . 7/29/2007
That was amazing. I loved every word. So well-written and well-planned out. Just beautifully done. I applaud you.
hiddenhorcrux chapter 18 . 5/22/2007
Amazing. Simply amazing. It is truly so sad, I actually cried.

Struck speechles. Wonderful job
iri-skywalker chapter 18 . 4/30/2007
T_T how sad, too sad! I knew from the point he killed Jobal that there would be no happy ending,but I hoped...u made me cry...that says a lot about the story.
Madame Naberrie chapter 18 . 3/3/2007
OH GOD!

I am actually crying right now.

That was so unbelievably, fantastically beautiful.

Padmé's emotions were so real that I could feel them. The feeling she had of being trapped, of being alone, in a world where no one believed her...in an exquisite guilded cage, as you put it, I believe.

I felt so much for her- and for Anakin. You truly captured both characters perfectly.

God, this was SO good.

And then that ending...Anakin's final and permanent transformation into Vader, Padmé dying. It was so unbelievably perfect.

I think this story evoked more emotions in me than any other book I have ever read.

This was truly brilliant.

-Madame Naberrie