Reviews for The Dull Life of a POW
Katy chapter 3 . 4/9/2012
Entertaining story. I like how it's unfolding.

One thing: if it's possible, I think the next story you write should be in the past tense. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it hard to concentrate on the plot when a story is in present tense.

Love you portrayal of Major Zolle. Favourite line:

Klink: you must have a very lonely life!

Zolle: I have a dog.

Klink: Do you trust him?

Zolle: No.

ROTFLMAO
DaughterOfWinslow chapter 8 . 2/21/2007
Brill! It's absolutely brilliant! I'm in love with this story. You are a great comedian and I think it makes perfect sense. Please write more the minute you have the chance.

You are very good at keeping in with the characters-although you have taken a few dramatic liscense with Newkirk and Hogan's character. But that can easily be overlooked.

Blimy! Please write more A.S.A.P.
Mackenzie Kane chapter 7 . 2/14/2007
I adore this story. Never laughed so hard. You definately keep in the theme with the characters from the show. Great job. I want to hear more!
Nitestalker chapter 7 . 4/17/2006
Cute story. Poor Carter, I feel sorry for him. Maybe we need to get Maria to give him a few lessons on how to dance with a girl. hehehe. I like the chapter. I did find a few spelling mistakes. Thanks for the update and updat again soon.

I can relate to the computer problems. I had them when I wrote my short song fic Heart of a Hero.
JacobedRose chapter 7 . 4/16/2006
You updated! I'm so excited. Poor Newkirk, that date didn't exactly go as planned to say the least! Is he okay? What happened? Jamie worrying about him is great, and I hope you update soon! Happy Easter!
Fallen-Soldier chapter 6 . 9/24/2005
I like your fanfic. I haven't watched Hogans Heroes for a few years so this was like a blast from the past. Keep up the good work, and I hope you update soon. 'Till next time, adios.
JacobedRose chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
I just wanted to tell you again how much I love this story, and although I completely understand being stuck, I still really want you to update soon! Keep up the great work.
JacobedRose chapter 6 . 8/19/2005
First of all, I'd like to say that the date sounds very good and Newkirk letting Carter come along too is great. The author's note is great.(again) Please update very, very soon.
Nitestalker chapter 5 . 8/15/2005
Dont keep me in suspence too long on how they are going to keep Hogan at Stalag 13. I like it so far.
JacobedRose chapter 5 . 8/13/2005
This is great. The Authors Note at the end was really good. Keep it up.
marylinusca chapter 4 . 7/27/2005
I think your talents lie in scriptwriting. The dialogue is witty, funny, fresh, just like the show. The problem, as I see it, is that it's so rapid fire, one joke after another - bang! bang! bang! - and so much of it, that it's overwhelming. It's all good stuff, and the idea of Newkirk suddenly senior officer is very good stuff. [a really good punchline ending this chapter, by the way]. I think all that good dialogue needs to be broken up a bit with some straight narration and description. For example: the men are searching for Lt. Winsor. They're at the drop point, but they can't find the officer. They're getting worried. Time is fleeting and they know the Germans are scouting the woods for the parachutist. Hogan keeps checking his watch. Carter is scanning the woods, looking more and more nervous. Newkirk, the viewpoint character here, feels his grip tightening on his gun. He tries to relax. No one is saying a word. The woods are dark, silent. Too silent. Newkirk feels suffocated, as if the trees are closing in on him. Then, from above their heads, a female voice calls down to them. You see? The brief description of the men's expressions and of the eerie woods and Newkirk's increasing disquiet stretches the tension out a bit, making Lt. Winsor's voice more startling, punchier.

You've got a great gift of dialogue, and nothing is flat and static. The story has Papa Bear Award potential. It just needs a few slow bits to let the reader catch her breath and to give the snappy bits more build up.
Nitestalker chapter 4 . 7/27/2005
Oh my! This is getting interesting. Looking forward to see what happens next.
JacobedRose chapter 4 . 7/26/2005
He's being transferred! I like the Barracks 7 thing and the cooking lesson for the bomb. I like this idea, please keep going. Newkirk will make an interesting Senior POW officer, of course he has to be two people.
ML Miller Breedlove chapter 2 . 7/20/2005
Lots of good ideas and some really good remarks from the Heroes. Glad to have a new writer among us. I'd really love to see you develope your ideas with a little more detail though. They are too good not to.
JacobedRose chapter 3 . 7/18/2005
Very good and very in character. Please continue.