Reviews for The Prodigal
Brenda293 chapter 14 . 33m
What a chapter ,that 's action !
NewbieWW chapter 16 . 5h
I only recently finished reading this and, because I choose to read on my phone more often on my computer, I didn't get the chance to review at all or even favorite the story. I'm grateful that I found it again rather easily! Although fitting 16 chapters worth of awe, surprise, sadness, anger, and AWW CUtE into one review is rather difficult. This was a wonderfully written story, even if first person isn't really my thing! The build up to the actual plot and climax of the story was wonderful, even if the ending isn't quite what I expected when I started reading it (and yet, it was still one of the happier endings that I've read in fanfiction!). I do feel like Bruce in first person was a lot better than reading Diana, but I think that's because of how Bruce is as a character, his thoughts are a lot more thought oriented than Diana's so maybe it was just how I perceived it. Why do I bring this up? Because despite how I feel, you wrote these characters right on point and I applaud you for that!

As I write all of this, I realize that this story was started ten years ago (TEN YEARS AGO?!) and completed five years ago (holy crap, I am the late boat into this fandom), but I just wanted to share anyway how much I appreciated the effort into this story and that you've kept it up, I know some authors get embarrassed and delete, so I'm really happy it didn't happen here!
Brenda293 chapter 6 . 17h
It's madness .I love it !
Lazarus495 chapter 7 . 12/6/2014
I dont claim to know better but your portrayal of Alfred feels a bit off. He's too informal, casual and direct here. More so in the previous interactions with Diana. From what i've seen he's supposed to be formal and subtle in his approach with everything.
Lazarus495 chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
That opening line was genius. I am hooked.
Angryhenry chapter 5 . 10/1/2014
lool, cool
AlithiaSigma chapter 16 . 8/12/2014
I... Actually absolutely loved this story. There were many points in which I was expecting some typical, common, BM/WW fanfic plot device, but each time you subverted them in a remarkably well thought out way. Despite my initial misgivings, it's really clear that you know your characters. Especially Batman. That honestly surprised me. Many writers seem to love playing up the differences between his attitude as Batman and his act as Bruce Wayne, often to the point they seem to forget it's the same man. It's my opinion that you got it just right. Bruce Wayne is a mask, yet Batman is a man. None of the "Batman vs Bruce" nonsense.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see Hades. He's kinda interesting. Also, I still didn't like the use of the word "chaos". I doubt chaos would be so... Predictable? Manipulatable? Idk.

The ending was quite interesting.
AlithiaSigma chapter 15 . 8/12/2014
Abrupt, certainly.
AlithiaSigma chapter 14 . 8/12/2014
Too bad Ares would not have the courtesy to stay dead...
AlithiaSigma chapter 13 . 8/12/2014
It is not possible for me to not be impressed with Alfred by this point. There seriously aren't enough fics that include him, even this much, into the story.
AlithiaSigma chapter 12 . 8/11/2014
I am still fangirling over Alfred.

Shieldless kamikaze Amazon warriors was scary enough, but then Ares... Whoa...

And due to being...well, me I guess... I kinda cringed when the power fueling the Reapers was called "chaos energy" It's just...I dunno.
AlithiaSigma chapter 11 . 8/11/2014
I'm surprised the fact that Hades is Diana's "father" hasn't been brought up.
AlithiaSigma chapter 10 . 8/11/2014
I thought Bruce laughing would sound like "Oh **** BATMAN IS LAUGHING "
AlithiaSigma chapter 9 . 8/11/2014
Now I am too busy fangirling over Alfred to properly review your story.
AlithiaSigma chapter 8 . 8/11/2014
Yay! Diana is getting back to work. I wonder how she feels about long nights and late hours.