Reviews for The Birthday Present
Zenton chapter 85 . 4/17
Wonderful meloncholic read. Love Severus. Kudos!
I really enjoyed this story and I am in awe of all the time and hard work you have put into it. Thank you for sharing.
EmberDione1584 chapter 5 . 1/26
Please ignore my crappy review. I like this story so far, I think it's well written. Apologies if my thoughtless, angry comment upset you. Thanks for posting your story here.
EmberDione1584 chapter 3 . 1/26
I find the lack of sympathy and understanding your McGonagall has for Harry pretty disturbing. She's blaming not only a kid, but a kid with something similar to PTSD and whose previous experience with a dream from Voldemort saved Arthur's life. Not to mention he tried to prevent his friends from joining him.

Of all the adults to hold children responsible for Voldemort's actions, I don't think McGonagall is one of those. I think it's your lack of understanding and victim blaming coming through.
raymond21 chapter 1 . 1/26
Agood introduction chapter. Sorry i come to see your fanfic for long long time. Real life takes me and i am right now reading all of your first chapter. Dumbledore is very right. He should not grudge his hatred towards his son. But unfortunately the wound James makes is too deep.

I think it is a start of new relationship between Harry and his professor :)
guest chapter 85 . 12/13/2021
thank you for your work I really enjoyed this read...wish you the best x
melodyssister chapter 1 . 9/2/2021
Truly one of the classics, I've just started re-reading (and also recced this on the One Bad Man comm over on LiveJournal). I adore the world building here, especially the references to Lancre.
SaintlyMonarch chapter 22 . 8/19/2021
You don't seem to know much lore.
Irbise chapter 85 . 8/6/2021
Hi, this story is so different from others. I really liked it, how complex it was. Although I had from time to time problems to continue, since it is so long, but I managed and I am glad. There are so many parts, that you only clicked lightly, with more potential in the future.
Good job :)
Guest chapter 6 . 7/7/2021
I was stunned when Percy took the Mark, but it makes sense he'd want to spy.
Cecilia/zoya1416
Guest chapter 5 . 7/7/2021
I like the American references. You sent Trelawney to Betty Ford - hope it helps her. I don't know if I ever knew a columbine was a flower, and yes, at least there are no guns at Hogwarts. Carrie is too much of a horror film for me, but 'wandless magic,' okay that's one way to express it.
Cecilia/zoya1416
Guest chapter 2 . 7/7/2021
I'm enjoying this fic - poor Severus, to still be so tormented, and yet he finally admits to himself what he's done to Harry.
Cecilia/ zoya1416
tpaturi chapter 1 . 5/31/2021
A PRANK? No. A prank is something that the victim can a). laugh at or b). be minorly inconvenienced and move on. Potter and Black did not prank Severus, they bullied him. Black tried to KILL him. Not a prank.
Diogenes Camus chapter 23 . 5/31/2021
Wow, wasn't expecting Molly to have narrated what seems to be the Wizarding equivalent of the Death of Balder by Loki. So I guess the Norse "gods" were actually just powerful wizards back in the day? Interesting. Especially when one also remembers that "Balder" as a name means "prince" and Prince is Severus' mother's maiden name. Very interesting. Probably won't be followed up on but I got like 60 chapters to go, so I bet I'll be surprised.
Diogenes Camus chapter 4 . 5/28/2021
"But you need to leave. You are always welcome here, Severus," Narcissa said, standing as well. "You have long had the hospitality of this Manor. I now formally renew it. Door, hearth, table and bed are yours for the claiming at your need or desire," she added, using the ancient formula. The look in her eyes said more.

Ooh, it seems like Narcissa is thirsty for some Snape. I wonder if she actually gets a taste later in the story?
2,911 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »