Reviews for The Birthday Present
Liz Ben chapter 85 . 9/16
was entirely too absorbed in this wordy, lengthy story that painted a picture that i did not want to look at. you have magic in your pen. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
Ann Non chapter 85 . 8/13
I enjoyed reading this. It held my interest all the way to the end. Thanks for writing & posting.
Re-reading sequel so far and so I've come back to the original. This is a fantastic story which improves on re-reading. Thank you so much. Snape caring for the apprentices is heartwarming. 'Only connect'.
JG chapter 5 . 7/20
I really like the friendship you wrote between Snape and Hagrid. I haven't seen it done before. And how sweet yet sad that Fang is Snape's only go-to for a cuddle...
JG chapter 2 . 7/20
Loving this so far! Especially the letters Sev wrote to misc. parents. Very amusing!
BlueWater5 chapter 84 . 7/15
I'm typing this here since you can only review a chapter once and I reviewed the final chapter the first time I read your story. Wow! A second reading only confirms what a marvelous story this is. Intricately crafted and beautifully written, I found myself immersed in the world you created. Your characters are believable whether on the side of the Order or the Death Eaters, and your vivid descriptions make it easy to visualize the locale, whether Hogwarts or a cemetery in Bosnia. I'm very glad you have started to post the sequel - I look forward to seeing what comes next. Please update as frequent as possible.
BlueWater5 chapter 83 . 7/14
I love how Binns is actually helpful. I also enjoyed the memorable scene of Harry's vision of the Great Hall the following year.
BlueWater5 chapter 81 . 7/14
"I can't believe I was so weak. I can't believe I defied him like that" - one of the best phrases I've ever read in fan fiction: darkly, laugh out loud funny!
BlueWater5 chapter 80 . 7/14
I find myself wanting to race to finish the story to see it all play out and yet wanting to limit my reading it to make it last longer - the sign of a great story! I like how you present Voldemort - so confident in his abilities and the righteousness of his cause. I also enjoy seeing how Snape manages to tell the truth but not all of it to Voldemort, and how he uses his sarcasm to hide the truth.
BlueWater5 chapter 75 . 7/13
Great Order birthday party for Snape. I really appreciated the presents you came up with. I especially liked Trelawney's, though I would have thought she wouldn't risk telling him his fortune at an event that supposed to be happy since she didn't know the outcome. I liked how the pictures on the cards changed. Your depiction of Lucius was fantastic. I don't think evil people think they are evil, but rather are very good at rationalizing their actions. The way Lucius is convinced that his love and "help" justifies everything he has done to Snape makes him all the more creepy.
BlueWater5 chapter 70 . 7/12
It's been fun to watch the evolving relationship between Severus and Harry.
BlueWater5 chapter 65 . 7/12
Nice portrayal of a person facing imminent death as well as of those around him. Percy isn't punished by Voldemort despite his testimony not helping? Figures.
BlueWater5 chapter 58 . 7/11
Too bad others don't realize Snape's fate affects everyone.
As I'm re-reading this story I'm with someone undergoing chemo - your descriptions of the potion purging are striking deep.
BlueWater5 chapter 55 . 7/11
I love how your characters, whether canon or original, are so richly described.
BlueWater5 chapter 50 . 7/11
I love you you use details that go beyond the plot to create a richly textured world.
2,842 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »