Reviews for The Birthday Present
Phoenix Flight chapter 85 . 3/20
Wow! I'm amazed at how much you packed into this fic. Very fascinating characterizations, full of the little variations and growth that make the characters feel real.

Thanks for writing!
NYCUtopia chapter 18 . 3/16
A broad-range suicide spell? Oh dear.
The other Professors' protective web was being spun so nicely around Severus...
NYCUtopia chapter 15 . 3/16
15. Awww...
NYCUtopia chapter 13 . 3/16
"Tom Riddle to begin again?" Oh Albus, that was a terrible start. And Severus stays out of your list?
You are a disappointment, Headmaster.
NYCUtopia chapter 12 . 3/16
Chapter 12-Harry. Oh, good. Very good. Worried for nothing, wasn't I?
NYCUtopia chapter 10 . 3/16
Chapter 10. I was extremely wary of Albus in the first few chapters, but it would seem he's coming to his senses, and Poppy, Minerva and Lowenstein are doing a good job. I'm fairly sure that Severus' middle name must be Atlas in this story, such is the total weight on his shoulders. I wonder if all the help he can get will be enough, OR if this is indeed going to be all about his constant sacrifice. I still hope not.
I'm also worried about the angry Harry. the Harmonia potion is absolutely brilliant, but he's obviously not drinking enough of it, so far. *Who* will take care of his sneaky visions of the DE ritual disguised as personal vengeance? This is BAD! I realize Harry hasn't had his birthday, or his gift, yet, so I'm bracing myself for some significant change in wind direction...
Only the high number of chapters left for me to read seems to be able to keep some of my fears at bay ;)
-Claire (FR)
NYCUtopia chapter 6 . 3/15
Chapter 6 - wow!
I. B chapter 85 . 3/11
Just read this story ( I wouldn't say in a sitting cause it's a long one, but still...) and it is great, I have yet to find out if there is a sequel, but wanted to leave a comment right away, otherwise I would've forgotten.

As I said it is great, you developed your characters into strong, convincing and lovable ones. You managed the varying point of view extraordinarily and just had a few little problems with consistency as is to be expected in a story this long, only noticeable when you read through it at once, but as I said, they were few and little, a couple of conversations and a scene repeated in different chapters.

You did an amazing story and I'm sure your betas did also an amazing job. Thank you for sharing.
darkdranzer chapter 85 . 3/4
Wow this was really nice to read though i do wish there was more to the conclusion. I love how snape grew slowly out of his anger. Harry too
Lunacom chapter 8 . 1/8
I feel like Harry may be a problem when the school yeat starts. I also like that Harry wasn't the main chracter in a fic. I sometimes feel tired that even when he isn't the main chracter all the protagonist can tink of is Harry. I also wish that JKR told us more about the people in the other houses. That the Slytherins aren't all evil and the Ravens and Puffs aren't the cast offs.
English Major chapter 7 . 12/29/2013
'Smelt' is what one does to metals to remove impurities. 'Smelled' is the past tense of 'to smell'. They are not interchangeable.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 84 . 12/23/2013
YOu have really done a great job with this tale. you've thought everything through and added such clever bits of your own invention. Excellent story. But dark, very dark, which makes my reading it a read complement to you.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 85 . 12/23/2013
Thank you for sharing this long tale with us. Maybe it was a bit long, but I have enjoyed it as I rarely enjoy dark or sad tales. I do hope you will publish a sequel sometime. I really enjoyed seeing Slytherins as humans.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 61 . 12/12/2013
Petunia's POV was Very Interesting.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 52 . 12/11/2013
I wondered myself if anyone in the books would ever come sweeping in on a broom in battle, rather like a Valkyrie. I was pleased to see that the House Elves were active in the battle at the end of Book 7. No one ever paid them much notice. Thanks for sharing this dark tale.
2,650 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »