Reviews for The Birthday Present
JennieLK chapter 85 . 8/18
Enjoyed your story - hope you are still working on the sequel!
01asdf chapter 85 . 8/18
I just read through this entire epic over the last week or so and I loved it all.

Very professional, with great character development especially, and I really liked how you managed to show the characters growing and changing without whitewashing their flaws, degenerating into bashing or making them into some implausible all-forgiving doormat.

In many ways I found your portrayals more 3 dimensional and rounded than canon, and I look forward to the sequel.

Also, you might want to update your profile since ffnet stripped the links to your original works. Adding spaces and not making them links should help with that.
theimpossiblegrrl chapter 2 . 8/15
Oh wow. I like that assertion that he'd become his father. I actually never thought about his actions that way before. Now I must reread the canon from that perspective.
theimpossiblegrrl chapter 1 . 8/14
"Fly that broom when it's out of the shed" ... I love that. Can't wait to see where it's going, I like stories where Dumbledore has some kind of upper hand over him in some way ...
marthapreston4 chapter 2 . 8/12
wow snape is seriously a whiny little bitch in this
Arei-The Peridot Dragon chapter 85 . 6/18
this is an amazing story. I hope the fact that you have posted a recent story means that we will see Widow's Walk soon.
Dallasanne chapter 85 . 6/7
I guess I should have been forewarned when the very first author's note joked about the story not being a million words long although the author "tried". But it neer occurred to me that ANYONE could write 800,000 words plus and wind up with a story that didn't reach an end of any kind.

Does Snape lie, or die? What happens to the apprentices? To Harry? To Dumbledore? 85 chapters of prose later, we still don't know. And years after this story was completed, there's no sign of the promised sequel.

What a disappointment! This story could have been edited down by half and included all of the releant plot points. It was well written...right up until the author lost interest and allowed it to trail off without a conclusion.

Very disappointing.
smiles2go chapter 85 . 4/22
There's not enough words to explain how wonderful this fic is. I expect i'll be reading it again and again
Tarsieh chapter 85 . 4/12
It's been a hell of a journey reading this. I utterly loved and obssessed over every moment. You write impeccably well. Although the themes might be repetitive at times, it's interesting how the characters develop over time. World building must be very tiring, I don't know how you keep it in your head, but I loved that you didn't give up on this insanely long story.

Don't worry about not reaching a million words. This more than makes up for it. I will always treasure this one in my favorites list and thanks for the ride.
eule chapter 85 . 4/4
Great story! Have been reading it on and off for the last months, loved the interactions! Would definitely love to read a sequel. I hope you enjoyed the writing as much as I the reading.
TearyPhoenix chapter 67 . 3/21
Awesome chapter ! I love the way you give importance and a back story to almost every character, that make them very deep !
TearyPhoenix chapter 66 . 3/20
Awesome chapter !
TearyPhoenix chapter 64 . 3/19
Awesome chapter ! Poor Snape ! Harry will finally give him the present !
TearyPhoenix chapter 63 . 3/19
Awesome chapter ! But horrible omg this was horrible, poor draco, he must be so disgusted i hope pansy will talk to him again soon...
TearyPhoenix chapter 62 . 3/18
Awesome chapter ! sad end tho :( i love this molly is awesome
2,737 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »