Reviews for Breaking Free
sakebottle chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Wow! I love how you portray Kotetsu and Izumo (those two don't get enough story time) I really liked that you made them seem human by failing them instead of making them pass with flying colours- its more realistic. Brilliant job :)
killerlikeschocolate chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Oh my god, this is amazing!

You're very talented, it's so good to find an Izumo and Kotetsu story that isn't Yaoi and is actually written well.

I love how you added the fact that they can communicate with just glances, so touching! And the scene with Izumo and his father, ahh, so sad. hehe, but really great job! *Adds to favorites*
My Deliah chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Aw, damn.. this was so good! I love the past you gave given to Izumo and Kotetsu! Now I've read your little trilogy of them, and I loved every one equally as much! Write more, please!
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
What I like about this fic is how it has two parts, basically. Izumo and his friends bonding in the hospital is cute, especially when Izumo shows his wily side with the nurse. Then I like how he and Kotetsu know each other so well they can communicate just with a glance. Because that's what true friendship is like, and I'm lucky enough to have experienced it.

Izumo's father is the kind of parent that I have a real dislike for. It's terrible to have to live up to those expectations, again showing the contrasts between him and parentless Kotetsu. The end is the best, though, how Izumo knows there will always be a place for him with Kotetsu. Because that's what a real friend is.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Interesting. There aren't enough stories with theses charectesr in them. Nice job and well written! I adore it.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
I feel so bad for Izumo, how his father rejected him like that. He tried his hardest at the chuunin exams, and that just wasn't enough at the time. I'm glad that he has such an understanding friend as Kotetsu; if not, I'm not sure what would have happened to him afterwards. I liked the little reference to Iruka, also. I like him a lot, so it was nice to see him mentioned. Great job, great story, great writer. :)
Sketch 'itch chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
rarely anyone writes a story about those two

hope you make more
Nezuko chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
Now I know I read this before, and I was pretty sure I reviewed it, too, but it sems like maybe I'm just losing my mind. Anyway, having read it a second time and loved it all over again, I want to tell you what a phenomenal writer you are, and how moving this is. It's poignant and real and very in your face, and as a kid who grew up with a parent like that I could feel Izumo's dread like a sick rumble of nausea as I read it. You have more than enough talent, and a beautiful stule to go with it. Good work, as always, You're one of the very best.
anonymous person chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
AW! funny and heart warming...I liked it a lot, especially since so few people write about Kotetsu and Izumo.
Kyuriko chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
x_x (dies) I love you forever… officially… you wrote a fanfiction featuring Izumo and Kotetsu. Kudos. It was very well written, I love the personalities you've given everybody, especially Izumo, since I've never really seen him that way (I'm not very far in the series, so I can't be sure of how his personality is canon-wise). I'm going to bug my friend into reading this.
Alesca Munroe chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Your write very well. I like how you portray Izumo and Kotetsu, and if I remembered who Matsui is, I would say good things about him too.

Write more soon, ne?
ruka-kun chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
aww this is such a sweet story! I really like them, and it's really too bad we don't get to read more of them.

this will go to my fav list for sure!
IPonly chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
Well.. I liked Wolf Mask and now here I go reading your other stuff and it's just as good! Excellent, Excellent, always fun to find a new good author. It's nice to see someone who isn't yaoi-centered writing about those two's relationships.

*eyes last bit of story*

yes, I got that immpression even after reading that. Am I wrong?
Smoking Panda chapter 1 . 7/6/2005