Reviews for Requiems
ItsOnlyDallis chapter 18 . 7/1/2011
I loved this story. I loved it so much, I ended up having to put it on my ipod so that I could read it everywhere. Thank you very much for this story. It was fantastic :)
AlmostSweaterWeather chapter 18 . 1/30/2011
I really loved the ending but I kind of wished you showed at least flashbacks of what happened with James and lily after he rescued Snape.

Also I may not have read it clearly but their year and Hogwarts was kind of blurred throughout this story. I read Preludes and loved if not as much as this one, more so. The reason I'm leaving a review here and not there is this story seems lonely with its eighteen reviews :).

-bgr89

ps. I suppose I love you too :D
prettybirdy979 chapter 18 . 4/10/2010
I like this. You wrote the Marauders and Lily quite well, and the OC's are fleshed out but not Mary Sue or the like. The series has action but still explores the relationships between the characters.

All in all, a very good story.
Rachel Indeed chapter 18 . 1/26/2010
There's lots to love about this story, but I will just comment quickly on the moment in the final chapter that caught in my imagination. I love the way you write Snape, Sirius, and Lily throughout; the moment when she slips in the entrance hall and Snape instinctively swerves to break her fall is so perfect when he doesn't have time to *think* he can't help but reach for her. After Deathly Hallows we have a different canon relationship for the two of them, but I have always found it very plausible to envision a different dynamic in which he acted like he could care less but betrayed himself in unguarded moments, much to his own disgust. And she could see right through him. Lovely job on this.

I know this is a random comment, but your take on Snape reminds me of another very fine, haunting story called "Dark Horse" with a similar Lily-Snape dynamic. One line from that story I've always remembered is when Lily says to Snape that she's not offering him pity, or even friendship, she just wants him to know that she thinks he's worthwhile and she sees things in him that the Death Eaters don't deserve. I feel like that is what your Lily tried to tell him for years, in actions rather than words. I wish he'd listened.

Thanks again for a great story.
Emilie chapter 18 . 4/29/2008
Very enjoying and captivating work. Sorry for my english : I'm french and happy to both be able enjoyin myself readin you and feelin like if I was workin my grammar (hem hem I'm kinda useless :D)

Anyway, keepin Sirius single would probably avoid every girl on this website being heartbroken -well I'm part of them, right now- but I'm no sure he is so noble and so on... Whatever, you worth more than these 15 reviews no doubt! Bob Dylan and Jim Morrison rocks
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 8/9/2007
Aw...how sweet! Apparently Lily's forgiving Sirius for almost killing Snape. And they can all be friends again. Why _did_ James bother to hide hexing Snape from Lily anyway?

You know, if I were Lily's friend, I'd start beginning to wonder just how loyal she'd be to me if she could turn against Snape so fast. Then again, James is rich and an athlete, and that ought to count for something, right?

Never mind the fact she's given up on someone who will eventually die for her and son.

But according to Rowling, it doesn't matter-if you're a Gryffindor you're always the Good Guy no matter what you actually _do_.

Well, at least Sirius and James leave Snape alone _this_ time-ok, it's probably because he's not alone and defenseless, but it ought to count anyway, right?
thestralwhisperer chapter 18 . 8/9/2007
really great end i enjoyed it
duj chapter 18 . 8/8/2007
Your work is literate and absorbing, but Sirius never did learn his lesson about that werewolf incident (he's still saying "Serves him right," twenty years later, as if feeding someone to a werewolf was an appropriate way to punish someone for not liking you) and your Lily was entirely too smug about her friends. Sirius wasn't a good person; he was a bully. James was too. Even Remus and Sirius had to admit to Harry in OotP that the Snape-abuse had been ongoing and frequent and that James had continued "hexing people because he could" until 7th year (after which he continued hexing Snape but lied about it to Lily).

It was right for Snape to tell Sophie that Sirius had tried to kill him, just as it was right in PoA for him to warn his students about Remus after having not only almost been killed again, but heard Remus's sorry tale of negligence, irresponsibility and disregard for anyone's safety but his own throughout his year of teaching. (He concealed not just Sirius's ability to turn into a dog, but also his knowledge of secret passages - he must have or the one to Honeydukes would have been blocked or guarded and we know it wasn't - and the Marauder's Map itself, although he believed Sirius was a crazed mass-murderer coming to kill Harry and any bystander who happened to get in the way.) The Marauders brought their own fates down on themselves and that werewolf incident was only part of how they did it.
ninety6tears chapter 18 . 8/6/2007
This ended quite unlike how I expected it to (but in a good way), pulling out of the romantic relationships and focusing on the cohesive friendship between all the characters. And I love how every single important character has a well developed, unique relationship with all the others: I doubt that many Marauders-era stories establish much of a bond between Sirius and Lily, but you made their friendship quite cute and believable. Sirius and Remus have an interesting, complicated friendship that was enjoyable to read, and the moments between Sirius and James speak very simply of how close they are without being sentimental.

I kind of expected more closure with Sophia rather than them not talking to each other anymore, but that was what probably made it more realistic and sad. To say that Sirius has learned his lesson would be quite an understatement, and the blunt, graceless ending to his romance seems to make sense with how his character is formed from this point on.
Rissa Black chapter 10 . 8/6/2005
hi, excellent story, PLZ PLZ UPDATE!
Assasin of Light chapter 9 . 7/27/2005
Lol me thinks Snape and Sophia are acting a bit strange. But to the point GREAT chapter one of the best yet, in fact.
lilnovelist chapter 7 . 7/25/2005
Lol Im LOVING this chapter, i hope u update soon!
FaeNixx chapter 6 . 7/23/2005
This is good, very interesting. Update soon.
Lania26 chapter 5 . 7/20/2005
great chapter!
Lipglossnblack chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
kick arse story R&R back!