Reviews for The Burning Cross
Aistaraina Eruwaedhiel chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
I think you flawlessly weaved historical references, the original Dracula, and Hellsing together to form a superb fanfiction. This could actually stand well by itself as a short story. You caught Alucard's character in a way that not many can. I applaud you.
AbstractError chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
This has to be one of the best texts I have run across. Your language flows beautifully, and you frame all philosophical and historical references with a lot of grace.

Truly and excellent read,

miikka-xx chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Shakespeare, German, historical facts and gorgeous characterization.

What else can a fan of fanfiction ask for?

Alucard is great as a cocky yet emotional vampire.

Mina is the strong, intelligent yet bitter woman we adore from the original.

The ending was beautiful. From forgiveness to regret.

Ah, amazing. I believe we need more of this onesided Vlad/Mina fics. Your writing style leaves me breathless.

Instant fave!
MindAsylum chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
My god...this is...I don't even know what to say. I've never seen Alucard portrayed so flawlessly before. You get the feeling that Alucard, not knowing death the way humans do, doesn't take Mina's seriously until it just upon her, and when the reality of it sinks in, he is crushed by his loss and regret. The question is, of course, is it regret at taking her for granted until the fatal moment, or regret for being left alone again because she would not go with him?

Alucard's emotions-in spite of how he is usually portrayed-are not things easily brought out, and you make an excellent point of this. This is the stuff bestselling novels are made of. I can't wait to read more of your work.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
Absolutely beautiful. Your characterizations of these two characters is superb and you weave between Dracula and Hellsing with ease. However, the most impressive thing of all is that you manage to convey such deep meanings and descriptions without loosing either pacing or impact.
Lyaliro chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
I absolutely love your work, because you characterize Alucard and make use of Dracula references in ways I've never seen before. I look forward to reading more of your writing.
The Queen of Neeshpoof chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
that was very long, very good but very long.
Thess chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
You added the Vlad-Elizabeth connection! I adored this story. Your writing style is elegant, your dialogue and description is flawless. The exchange between Mina and Alucard took my breath away. And of course, the ending, Alucard's tears, very bittersweet.