Reviews for Oath Breaker

Hey, I loved you FF, is amazing how you get to develope this ship without going out of character. I have a giant question How do you got all the "dark magic" information? How do you know the spells and the language? Is quite amusing and I would love your help to find this kind of information. Im a writer too, and I writing about a little magician whit out magic roots (out of HP universe), so he have to figure out everything. I've been doing my research, but haven't found anything as consistent as you have.

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you for your time. I will leave you my email in any case you want to help me.

Thank you.
thelasatwhisperer chapter 14 . 2/15
I'm only on chapter fourteen. Yes, I manage to get this far, shocking isn't it? This is not a story for the faint of heart. It is not your feel good Harry Potter fanfic, so if you want to read about the exploits about the Golden Trio portrayed heroically, then this may not be the story for you. Yeah, this is a Harry/Draco fanfic, but you know what? It focuses more on the world building rather than on the hot, steamy sex between both characters (who doesn't love that?). For so long Slash/Yaoi fans have been pariahs, sneered at for being anti women. Well, those who love to stereotype slash fan fiction, I found a writer that actually respects Hermione Granger by being considerate enough to keep her in character and for portraying Pansy more heroically then her book counterpart.

This story needs to be approached with an open mind. There are some themes in here that might offend those whose view sways towards the left, or don't like to see your favorite world twisted differently then the book. I would also warn you that this story is very sympathetic towards dark wizards. The story is heavily themed with conservative politics, which I am not a huge fan of due to my own bigoted views of the religion, yet I am open minded enough to give this story a go. And while it is a bitter pill to swallow, I grew sympathetic towards conservative politics, since it made me understood their outlook on themes. Using conservative politics is an interesting philosophy for the Malfoys and like this author, I always viewed the Malfoys as conservative anyways.

One of the things I love most about the book is how it made Draco looked like a martyr as he struggles to bridge the gap between good and evil, while using reckless villainy to make this goal happen. I am not a big fan of the ideas the author used for her story, yet I understand that this is Draco Malfoy we're talking about here. Approach this with caution. And do not let your view on heroism cloud your judgment when you read this book. Draco Malfoy is neither the hero nor the villain, just a sympathetic figure trying to merge both worlds into one, a story that minorities struggle with everywhere.
reinedangoisse chapter 27 . 1/8
awe Severus and Lucius
oceanedamour chapter 28 . 10/13/2017
Wow, I really really live this story and your twist on the Harry Potter verse. Alone how you put together all that stuff and information about light and dark wizards, how the interact and how that intrigates within the war... Magnificent. Truly a masterpiece.
You writing style only sets the cherry on top. Perfect
Thank you so much for sharing this gem with us
An ocean of love
abstersdaboss chapter 20 . 8/30/2017
stop it, you both need a good spankin'
abstersdaboss chapter 19 . 8/30/2017
draco, stop making fucking amulets.
Meel Jacques chapter 1 . 8/20/2017
I do appreciate this chapter. I have good feelings about the fic!
abstersdaboss chapter 3 . 6/29/2017
I made the most inhumane sound, like, ever. I'm pretty sure my shipper made that sound and it carried until it reached my mouth. Lol.
MorganneleFay chapter 28 . 6/24/2017
Bellissimo! Bravo! What an engaging in story. I was enthralled, start to finish. Hope I'm going to fond more when I go perusing the available stories available here!

MorganneleFay chapter 1 . 6/23/2017
Not done yet. Only on chapter 9, but wanted to pause here to commend the author and/or editor of this story. Hadn't read any fanfic in years, but stumbled upon this and was instantly sucked in. I'm so impressed I'm at a loss for words. Your incorporation of Arthurian legends and language is particularly well done. I've learned perfectly believable things about dark magic and dark wizards, not to mention secrets about the Malfoy family. I will add final thoughts when I finish, but had to pause long enough to extend kudos for this work so far.
Lucy Kent chapter 1 . 5/9/2017
I almost forgot to review this! I loved it. A bit wordy at parts but a lot of amazing novels are.i loved the concept of dark being completely separate. it reminded me of the seelie and unseelie far courts.
Calmzone1 chapter 28 . 4/19/2017
Great story. I started reading it a while ago and then lost it when my computer restarted, with the pages not reloading. I'm glad that I finally got to finish it. I did enjoy the different outlooks on light and dark and how the dark had kept their history, yet the lights had rewritten theirs. I'm curious to see if you did a sequel to this say 5 years out, did the last 100 families leave, including Harry, or did the others return?
Wings Of Mercury chapter 14 . 3/14/2017
You mentioned in an earlier chapter that one of the girls hit with the wisprian curse wasn't dark, but had been around so much dark magic that rowan would still hurt her. How is that? I thought Pansy had only gathered the children of dark families, and it runs in the blood.

Also, hemlock is poisonous to everyone, right? Why did Filch try to poison the whole school instead of just the dark wizards? And how would that have picked out the dark ones if everyone was getting sick?
Lord Barinthus chapter 5 . 12/28/2016
All the "departments" in the Prophet article and Draco's explanation to Hermione felt vastly unnecessary. The majority of them would actually just be sub-Offices under the purview of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. I can't imagine, even in a bloated Ministry, there would be a Department of Arson and Flaming Curses that answers directly to the Minister with no intervening layer of bureaucracy?

Also, this (so far) has been in Draco's voice, so it feels wrong for him to refer to them as Ron/Hermione in his thoughts. Rather, all mention of them until they become closer to being friends would be by surname, even outside of dialogue.
Lord Barinthus chapter 3 . 12/28/2016
I'm confused on two parts:

1. Why are the Slytherin dorms empty? Unless every single student, Years 1-7, abandoned Voldemort and is with Pansy (unlikely in the extreme) where are the neutrals/those loyal to Voldy?

2. Why were the Malfoy accounts frozen? Lucius was legally (dirty politics aside) released from Azkaban and Narcissa hasn't been formally implicated as a DE. Yes, Draco killed his pursuers and had a besom, but a House's entire vaults are not frozen simply because the Heir did something illegal? Why should the elder Malfoys be denied access?