Reviews for Oath Breaker
1986 chapter 28 . 2/15/2010
This is a very good story. I love how you portray Draco and the "dark wizards" well done!
cheesynoodle chapter 28 . 2/2/2010
Absolutely brilliant. Spot on characterization, and if not at points, well, it's fanfiction after all.

My review really can't do justice right now, as it's two-thirty in the morning–I just couldn't stop reading–but this really, truly, must be one of the top Harry Potter fics around. I absolutely love your take on Dark magic and wizardry, you've given it a real, solid depth, and obviously put a lot of time into it. It shows––I loved every new spell Draco introduced, and also the half-breed nature. It brought depth to a certain cast of characters that hadn't been there before.

So, brilliant job. I thoroughly enjoyed this, and am completely impressed. Now, though, I'm afraid I have to get some sleep. I will certainly rant to my friends about this tomarrow, though. :D
Stormshadow13 chapter 28 . 2/2/2010
Wow, this story was like so cool!

I loved all the action. The dragon bit was wickidly cool as was the Slytherin fludding and the final battle. This was truely a great story and I loved reading every bit of it.

Liked your perspective on the Dark Wizards.

So cool.

Great fic!
staidwaters chapter 28 . 1/30/2010
excellent and full of unexpected twists and concepts. Thanks for the read
Yvette D chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
I'm really enjoying your story! I was very happy to see a Draco/Harry story with a Snape/Lucius element as well! I also like that it's from Draco's point of view... I feel like I'm getting to know him like I never have before. Oh, and your Authors notes are great (so thorough!) Can't wait to read more! xoxo
Anon chapter 28 . 1/12/2010
This is written better than the majority of books I have read 3 true talent
Mrs Suzy Black chapter 28 . 12/30/2009
This story was amazing from top to bottom XD

It has been awhile since I read a story so complete and it left me truly happy! I've been meaning to read this story for so long and I was pleasantly surprised by it!

Draco is so so well described and his inner emotions are really great to follow. Also his relationship with Harry is so difficult but so real it's amazing to witness and of course full points to the plot because I don't remember read a story with so many twists to resolve and details so delicious to a reader's mind!

You are a very good writer and I'm glad you have shared this with us. I noticed you have a sequel and I can't wait to read XD

Once again congratulations for a work well done and if you havent't you should venture in the original world of fic...

xxooxx Suzy ;)
Doni chapter 28 . 12/10/2009
Great story! Very nicely done and thought out!
Raining Ink chapter 20 . 11/4/2009
*delighted squeal*

This chapter is one of the hardest to read and one of the best. I just cringe when Harry breaks into Draco's mind. But really I think it had to happen this way for these two. Draco would have never acknowledge his feelings as more than the charm otherwise, and Harry, having realized the truth once and for all, couldn't not love Draco in return.

Poor Snape! What must he think? He's got to be wondering what he'll tell Lucius and Narcissa. (By the way, while you were gone your son announced to the world that you were Dark wizards...and fell in love with Harry Potter...cup of tea?)

One question in this section (do you mind the questions? I hope not.)

Quote: When they find out Draco has chosen you, they'll let you live," Snape said. "Which is more than I can say for your housemates. We are accustomed to the occasional convert. Their pride cannot stand losing even one to the dark."

Snape makes the automatic assumption that Harry is now a "convert" b/c of Draco. Does Harry himself realize the commitment at this point?
Raining Ink chapter 19 . 11/4/2009
Chapter 19: The tension! It's killing me...lol...and I know what's coming up in the next chapter so that's pretty impressive.

A question I've had- Draco mentions in Chapter 18 and later that Dark Wizards don't live very long.

Quote:

"No no, not like that. I didn't mean it to sound like that. Well, not usually anyway. I just meant we don't live very long. I don't think I've ever heard of someone having a second spouse."

I wonder about this. Is the shortened lifespan because their lives are dangerous? Or is it something about using Dark magic? (For instance, if no one hexes Lucius can he still expect to die young? Or will he live into his hundreds like Dumbledore?)

I hope the writing is going well and that you're feeling okay!
purrfus chapter 28 . 11/3/2009
Its perfect.
Raining Ink chapter 13 . 11/2/2009
Chapters 11-13:

We definitely get to see the softer side of Slytherin in these chapters, which I like.

Draco finally gets a good dream.

Hm... Harry doesn't know his own strength. Apparently Dark magic is going to work just fine for him, if maybe a little too enthusiastically. Fyria raebaena. :D

Not much else to say about these...Good job.
Avis Soul chapter 28 . 11/1/2009
I enjoyed this a lot before it turned to slash. I'm not really complaining a lot, because it was very well written. It just seems that the characters developed rather strongly then became complete pansies. Lets not forget that Draco becomes so docile.
Raining Ink chapter 10 . 11/1/2009
Well, I was reviewing every three, but since this is one of my favorites:

We finally see the blind hatred the students have for Dark wizards. I love how Draco knows the attack is coming before it actually does, how he gets a sense of it from his inherited memories.

The fight scene is top-notch! One of my favorite. Draco's use of magic, and his shock as Harry stands up for him near perfection. Thank you for not superpowering either of them, but not making them useless or helpless either.

I do have some questions related to this chapter:

1. Draco says that the converts to Dark magic feel "called" to it. I was wondering if later in the series when Harry takes up with the Malfoys...is he ever going to feel a call like that? Or will it always be something that's kind of unnatural to him? Could he possibly learn to love Dark magic like the Malfoys and Snape, or is that something he can't experience because he doesn't have a natural predisposition to it? (Or does he?)

2. Draco also said that people could never really turn their back on being Dark wizards even if they tried. Is he right about that, or are there exceptions? For instance, are Andromeda Black Tonks and Sirius Black really dark wizards who are just trying to deny their nature?

You don't have to answer of course! But, I just wanted you to know what I was wondering at this point in my read-through.

Thanks for an excellent chapter.
Raining Ink chapter 9 . 11/1/2009
Chapter 7-9:

It makes me happy that Draco cuts up the Dragon. Is that weird? He seems so squeamish about some things, but he's really not. What's a little blood and gore in the name of a good cause...Dark Magic and Potions. A descriptions of dragon anatomy too.

Harry's potion is an interestingly presented mystery. I know the answer of course, but still a good presentation.

Ron seems to be getting closer and closer to the snapping point. Harry's getting more curious/accepting of dark magic, even though he doesn't really know much yet.

Poor Snape. Just think of how much trouble he'd be in if Draco had been toasted!

Snape can touch the grimoire? I didn't remember that from previous readings...
817 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »