Reviews for Oath Breaker
Raining Ink chapter 3 . 10/31/2009
I've read this story before (times 3), but when faced with no updates for a few weeks I go into withdrawal, so I'm reading it again with the goal of actually giving it the reviews it deserves. :D

So, Chaps 1-3:

I admire the quality of the writing of course. Thank you for good grammar and excellent vocabulary. I think writing from Draco's POV is particularly effective. It's too difficult to get a feel for his character otherwise. I love how you slowly build up the world of Dark wizards, not in a teachy/preachy way, but subtly through Draco's thoughts.

I think the early interactions b/w Harry and Draco are excellent. You show off the ignorances/prejudices of each without neglecting their good points. It's particularly skilled in that reader's can see where Draco is occasionally an unreliable narrator (in the good, complexity-adding sense).

I also liked Draco's sudden pleasure at the thought of using a wide variety of dark magic on Harry. Very in character!

Thanks for a great story. ;)
phill2818 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Hi,

Thanks for writing such a brilliant story. I really enjoyed reading this. I am just going to check out your other stories! This was fantastic tho.

P:)
Sean Mulligan chapter 27 . 10/19/2009
All Andromeda did was marry a muggleborn, she didn't betray anyone to the ministry. Since when did they refer to half bloods as mudbloods?
Sean Mulligan chapter 16 . 10/18/2009
Draco's opinion that Filch was a sadistic bully and Dumbledore's that Filch was bitter because of being a squib aren't mutually exclusive.
Sean Mulligan chapter 11 . 10/18/2009
How does Draco get along with the Slytherin muggleborns if he hates muggleborns so much?
Sean Mulligan chapter 8 . 10/18/2009
Even if mixing with muggles causes squibs then that still has nothing to do with muggleborns. Maybe the purebloods are having squibs because of imbreeding.
Dracogriph chapter 28 . 10/10/2009
What a wonderfully written story. I like the subtle transition of bringing Harry to the Dark! I also liked the back story for the Dark and the reason between the feud of Light versus Dark. Keep this up with all your stories and I will be following them for life!
Mon Dieu A Penny chapter 28 . 10/3/2009
Amazing! I would gladly trade in Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hollows for Oath Breaker... I love Rowling but I love this more!
Laura chapter 28 . 9/24/2009
I am so, so impressed with your fabulous tale. I don't even care for poetry, but the ending poem RULES. I'll never forget your dark wizard concepts and I congratulate you for your unique ideas, your unique Draco, and some wonderful writing.
Laura chapter 8 . 9/23/2009
O, dragons, memories passed down, wyverns... unreal.
Laura chapter 7 . 9/22/2009
more brilliance with the crow talk. Wow!
Laura chapter 6 . 9/22/2009
I have been reading and enjoying your story. Just had to post after Chapter 6 - I was totally enthralled when Draco was reading his father's journal, and then when he came back to the present with the stirrings of the other students in the common room. The journal was brilliant and totally drew me into another world. Your dark vs light wizard concepts are unique in the HP world in all my readings, and I congratulate you. Looking forward to reading more. Your concepts and your writing style are very admirable.
CodeRomance chapter 28 . 9/12/2009
Freaking AWESOME story! loved it A LOT!

CodeRomance
DarkWiccanPrincess chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
You are seriously one of my favourite authors. Just so you know. And just so *I* know, when ARE you going to continue on with Oath Breaker II?

Cause I'm waiting ;)

-Princess
Jtennis chapter 28 . 8/22/2009
Alas for copyright, it keeps this from becoming a great book. You should expand on the half-blood idea, it was ...interesting.
801 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »