Reviews for Oath Breaker
Belladonna chapter 10 . 2/7/2006
A witch hunt, and the damnable mob. How ironic, people simply never learn, do they? Considering they have gone through this sort of thing before.

The part where Draco thinks that Harry can defeat the dark lord because he doesn't know the rules is interesting. It seems to imply that with no rules to constrain him, he possesses infinite number of possibilities.

Anyway, love this chapter (and all the others). Can't wait for the next chapter to come out!
Belladonna chapter 9 . 2/7/2006
Well, I got my question answered. One of my question anyway. Still haven't got a clue as to what happened to Harry. I was thinking withdrawal symptom for some odd reason. And is there something going on with Draco? I don't know, he's the only one who heard the glass exploded and all...
Belladonna chapter 8 . 2/7/2006
Wow, that's a surprise. And I'm wondering about what Snape and Draco were talking about in the end of the chapter. Does it mean that Draco inherited every single piece of memories of his ancestors? Even their knowledge? Or perhaps only those memories that accompanied with intense emotions, such as fear, as Draco seemed to imply?
Belladonna chapter 7 . 2/7/2006
It's interesting how prejudice works multiple ways. One group held prejudice against another group, and that group in turn held prejudice against yet another group. It's very difficult to tell to whom you should sympathize with.

I really like how you portray the war between light and dark as a constant struggle that shall never go away.
Belladonna chapter 6 . 2/7/2006
So, something happened to Harry, and we don't know what yet.

I really like your idea of the war between the light and the dark (ie. Merlin vs. Morgan). Very refreshing.
Belladonna chapter 5 . 2/7/2006
That's one hell of a way to start a not-really school term. Can't wait to know who's responsible for the explosion.
Belladonna chapter 4 . 2/6/2006
Interesting concept on dark magic. So, one dark spell basically can cause a variety of results? Although it would've depended on which spell, or word, you use, wouldn't it?

Hermione seemed never to have heard of the phrase "curiosity kills the cat" now, have she?
Belladonna chapter 3 . 2/6/2006
Going for the Arthurian legend, hmm? Interesting, I don't think I've read a fic that explicitly mentions the Arthurian legend yet. I'm very curious as to how you will go about this.

And, oh dear, Draco has to teach Harry dark magic? I can see bucketload of confrontations coming. About the residual magic, I came across this when I read japanese manga. The idea is sort of similar, except the dark practioner transfers the residual onto a small animal, so that the animal ends up dead instead of the practioner.
Belladonna chapter 2 . 2/6/2006
The beginning paragraph seemed to imply a past life, perhaps? Ah, it's very satisfying to know that Draco has finally gotten past the childish pranks and on to the subtle art of manipulation.
Belladonna chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Usually, it takes me more than one chapter to convince me that the story I'm reading is a great one. But right now, I'm sold, body and soul. *happy sigh* I've always found the dark side seductive. And here it is, a dark H/D fic? With dark curses a flying? I'm absolutely, totally in love! Haven't felt that way since I've read LadyRhiyana's fics. *sigh* This one has the potential to be a masterpiece IMHO. Oh, and I love those dark spells *smile*.
Valerie chapter 10 . 2/5/2006
I must say I am very impressed with this story. I have read a lot of H/D, but very few of the darker ones, yet this is a great story. I like the history you're giving, the details on the dark arts and the activites surrounding them (like harvesting the dragons) and the unique approach you're taking with Harry and Draco. I was very happy when Harry asked Draco to tell him the history, very happy to see Harry stand between the mob and Draco. You are devling deep into the realm of inherited prejudices and I like how you point out that Harry will defeat the Dark Lord because he has no predisposed notions of anything. You make his innocence his greatest weapon, yet Harry maintains a fair curiosity! The underlying romance is now taking form with a solid foundation of mutual respect, and you have me very curious about whatever Harry has that requires medication. Good character work and I look forward to the next chapter!
trinia chapter 10 . 2/5/2006
oh.

excellent job! i really hope you continue this soon!

im not sure what else to say, it's simply an absolutely amzing story!
SilverDragon1610 chapter 10 . 2/5/2006
I loved this chapter. It was really, really good.

I'm interested to hear what's wrong with Harry to make him take that medicine. But I can wait.

Hopefully Draco doesn't get into too much trouble and Harry is there to support him as much as possible.

Update soon. Till then. Cya!
girlthatsaidno chapter 10 . 2/3/2006
How on earth a story this good has only 76 reviews after 10 chapters is beyond me! What's wrong with these people? :)

Love the history you created for the dark wizards. I always thought the HP novels lacked in that aspect that the dark wizards were no more than two dimentional, sterotypical bad guys. Your story gives them a history, a wonderful one at that, and we get to see the reasons behind how they become what they are. The idea that children can "see" their ancestors deaths was true genius!

And of course, the icing on the cake, it's H/D!(More to come on that soon I hope :P)

Please update soon. The waiting is killing me.

Wisewitch
Dragenphly chapter 10 . 2/1/2006
God. That was...horrific. How dare they attack Draco because they think they're right? Fucking bigots. I hate them. Harry is amazing. Maybe he's not light or dark but he understands loyalty and family.
825 | « Prev Page 1 .. 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 .. Last Next »