Reviews for Days of Sunshine and Shock
IchthusFish chapter 5 . 3/14/2006
Well, this brought back quite a few memories, of both 9/11 and 7/7. You have expressed the shock and disbelief very well, and I am begining to understand that I still feel it, and maybe always will.

9/11 I only experienced through TV, and the building I was in, in London, being evacuated because it had been idenified as a possible target. I remember watching the 2nd plane hit, then having to go and film a comedy sketch, made me feel like so much *. Almost quit my carear that day.

7/7 was closer to me, because I knew people who were there, and the long hours of not knowing. You got Trip right.

*re-reads review...* I talk too much. *shrugs* but true enough... "life's short" *hugs RoaringMice*
bluedana chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
RMice, I avoided reading this for the longest time, because after 4 years it still hurts too damn much. I'm really glad you wrote this story, though, and I'm REALLY glad I made myself read it. It's not maudlin or exploitative; it just has the feel of two good friends dealing with an extraordinary event. I love your dialogue; it's very natural. Very well written.
The Libran Iniquity chapter 5 . 7/14/2005
Amen to them getting rat-arsed. Think they deserve it after something like that. Am very glad to see that all members of the Away Team are alive and accounted for :)

Another excellent story, I really did enjoy reading it.

Hisster chapter 5 . 7/13/2005
Love the ending. I was in tears and laughing all at the same time. Thanks for your wonderful stories.
volley chapter 5 . 7/13/2005
Fine final chapter! Thank you for posting it so soon.

Drugs, cigarettes... what next? I'd better not ask! :-)

I have lived 9/11 only on TV, but this brought back some memories...

Your stories are special, already looking forward to the next one.
The Libran Iniquity chapter 4 . 7/13/2005
And why I didn't spot this chapter two and a half minutes ago, I think will always be one of those mysteries of the universe... hee hee... anyhoo, great couple of chapters ;), I really do like the atmosphere you're building up here. Looking forward to some more.

The Libran Iniquity chapter 3 . 7/13/2005
Okay, so they're reunited, that's a good thing. But why do I get the sinkin' feelin' that Malcolm's done more than just "walking"...? Hmm.
Hisster chapter 4 . 7/12/2005
You have captured the feeling of this kind of tragedy perfectly. I can't wait to read more. Keep up the great work.
volley chapter 4 . 7/12/2005
Brilliant and heart-breaking, these days. I imagine that sooner or later Malcolm will open up, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you are going to deal with that part. Hope I get to read it before I leave (hint, hint!)

Thank you for one more wonderful story!
The Libran Iniquity chapter 2 . 7/11/2005
Woa... that's it, I'm hooked. Reeled in, whatever... graphic writing especially towards the end and I need another chapter!

Hisster chapter 2 . 7/11/2005
Wow. Very serious. I am so glad you decided to post this. Like your others this is a very good story.
volley chapter 2 . 7/11/2005
This is absolutely compelling! Please update before the end of the week, I'm leaveing for a fortnight...
The Libran Iniquity chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Good first chapter. I could go on for a while about Thursday (I live near the capital), and I understand the hesitancy about posting something mirroring those events.

I can only say that I'm looking forward to another chapter of this :)